Engagement Photos of Prince William and Catherine Middleton: December 11, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The article's title says it like it's the most shocking thing in the world.

I think the issue is the fact that they were retouched too much. Some altering is alright even necessary but they look plastic. That is why the paparazzi pics taken of them at their press conference looked better.

I could safely say that all picture are re-touched, my family and I have just had some family pictures done for christmas and even they have been re-touched.
They still look human, they still look like Kate and William and they don't look like plastic barbies and kens.
All this talk of re-touching must make Testino feel bad.

I think the issue is the fact that they were retouched too much. Some altering is alright even necessary but they look plastic. That is why the paparazzi pics taken of them at their press conference looked better.

I would say the retouched too much all comes down to opinion.

I could safely say that all picture are re-touched, my family and I have just had some family pictures done for christmas and even they have been re-touched.
They still look human, they still look like Kate and William and they don't look like plastic barbies and kens.
All this talk of re-touching must make Testino feel bad.

I agree, he is (by some) incredibly burnt down over these photos.

It is impossible to please everybody. I think they look natural and I liked the photos.

I will agree it is impossible to please everyone. For some who think they look natural there are those who think they could have been better. The glory of the debate. :)

You really can't please everyone. I think the Telegraph had an article criticizing the couple for using Testino..saying that William should have used a photographer who has benefited from the Prince's Trust. While I agree that would have been a good idea and a nice touch but can he do what he wants?

That is odd, isn't it? Given that Charles who is The Prince in the The Prince's Trust uses Testino.:p

You really can't please everyone. I think the Telegraph had an article criticizing the couple for using Testino..saying that William should have used a photographer who has benefited from the Prince's Trust. While I agree that would have been a good idea and a nice touch but can he do what he wants?

Clearly not. I understand that William has to straddle a fine line between wanting to do his own thing and keeping an eye toward tradition and all that jazz, but at the end of the day, this is still the wedding of William Windsor and Catherine Middleton and they should, at least for the most part, have the wedding they want. If that means using Mario Testino (who has photographed many royals, not just the late Diana, Princess of Wales), that's what it means. There's plenty of time for William to patronize people from The Prince's Trust and other foundations when it comes to many, many aspects of his life to come, both public and private.

Weddings are for most people, a once-in-a-lifetime deal. They should be what the couple wants it to be.

BEAUTIFUL! I love the pictures. they are such a beautiful couple. i wish there were more then 2 pictures!

Let's all remember who's really running this show, and that would be the royal, yes PW! Everything in this relationship speaks of him being in the driving seat, the breakups, makeups, length of waiting for proposal, the engagement ring, the photographer, everything--Waitey Katey doesn't know Tesco as the royals do nor do she has any idea of what's expected of her--neither does PW for that matter for they have spent the better part of their relationship hidding from the public, PW w/his schooling and military career and WK being scared to death of being photograph anywhere; why you think it was at 3 mos. before they're were seen in public! None of this has gone the way of tradition and I guess that would be the point!

Let's all remember who's really running this show, and that would be the royal, yes PW! Everything in this relationship speaks of him being in the driving seat, the breakups, makeups, length of waiting for proposal, the engagement ring, the photographer, everything--Waitey Katey doesn't know Tesco as the royals do nor do she has any idea of what's expected of her--neither does PW for that matter for they have spent the better part of their relationship hidding from the public, PW w/his schooling and military career and WK being scared to death of being photograph anywhere; why you think it was at 3 mos. before they're were seen in public! None of this has gone the way of tradition and I guess that would be the point!

Amongst all the rambling, its difficult to work out the point you are attempting to make.

I don't photograph well--I hate my candid pictures. Please, anybody, retouch me!!! :)

I think any portrait artist will try to flatter their subject, while being true to their real looks. I imagine the artists who painted William's ancestors did a bit of flattery, as well. The retouching doesn't bother me at all.

I love the pictures--so nice to see them look so happy!

Can we stop calling her Waity Kate/Katie? It was demeaning then, and it's demeaning now.

I don't photograph well--I hate my candid pictures. Please, anybody, retouch me!!! :)

I think any portrait artist will try to flatter their subject, while being true to their real looks. I imagine the artists who painted William's ancestors did a bit of flattery, as well. The retouching doesn't bother me at all.

I love the pictures--so nice to see them look so happy!

I think right here is where we hit the nail right on the head when it comes to the touch ups of the engagement photos. The difference is between a portrait and a photograph. Artistic license is well used in doing all kinds of portraits.. a photograph tells it like it is.. bumps and all.

Whether or not the photos were retouched is not an issue - we will never know to what extent any retouching was made and what the original photos looked like and the images should be seen for what they are now not what they should, could or would have been. Exactly the same press cirticism word for word would have been made whoever the photographer had been. At the end of the day, the photos were for William and Kate and it so happens that they allowed them to be issued publicly for all to see - if I were them I wouldn't have bothered! If the media and public were in a moral position to comment on retouching photographs, then the media and public will have been given the opportunity to choose a photographer, clothes, pose and lighting.....and probably made an even worse job of it!

In your defense I got the point you were trying to make. I think that what she is trying to say is that the photographs are just another example of Prince William controlling the show. Which I do think that is true. That could either be a good thing or a bad thing. He does have the experience with the family and the media on the other hand if Kate is being slighted then its a bad thing.

I also think that their relationship has been private and that too is a double-edged sword. Good..they get to know each other. Bad...the public remains suspicious about who they are and their motivations for being in the relationship.

As for the whole Waity Katey thing, lets face it whether you like her or not she is never going to live it down. In the interview she herself said she didn't care what people thought of her because she knew the work she was doing. The public didn't and still doesn't know about her work ethic and until they do she can't really change their opinion. With time she might be able to.

Sorry but what does this have to do with Charles or The Princes Trust?

The article she refers to says:
Why didn't William commission a young, talented photographer, possibly one who has been supported by the Prince's Trust, for example? That way a real connection might have been made to their contemporaries.

As far as I know, William hasn't got anything to do with The Prince's Trust so it's a bit odd for the article to suggest what it did.
Why should he have chosen a photographer who has been supported by The Prince's Trust when he doesn't have anything to do with it? I fail to see the link.

So just because they didn't go the traditional way you don't believe any of this?

In your defense I got the point you were trying to make. I think that what she is trying to say is that the photographs are just another example of Prince William controlling the show. Which I do think that is true. That could either be a good thing or a bad thing. He does have the experience with the family and the media on the other hand if Kate is being slighted then its a bad thing.

I also think that their relationship has been private and that too is a double-edged sword. Good..they get to know each other. Bad...the public remains suspicious about who they are and their motivations for being in the relationship.

As for the whole Waity Katey thing, lets face it whether you like her or not she is never going to live it down. In the interview she herself said she didn't care what people thought of her because she knew the work she was doing. The public didn't and still doesn't know about her work ethic and until they do she can't really change their opinion. With time she might be able to.

I suppose Sister Morphine's question also goes for you: it's demeaning to call her Waity Katie and it would be nice if you don't state your opinion(s) as fact(s).

Plus, the public will have plenty of time to get to know her - some people really don't seem to have patience.

The article she refers to says:
Why didn't William commission a young, talented photographer, possibly one who has been supported by the Prince's Trust, for example? That way a real connection might have been made to their contemporaries.

As far as I know, William hasn't got anything to do with The Prince's Trust so it's a bit odd for the article to suggest what it did.
Why should he have chosen a photographer who has been supported by The Prince's Trust when he doesn't have anything to do with it? I fail to see the link.

Thank you Skippy, simply a reply to Zonk's post. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom