Engagement Photos of Prince William and Catherine Middleton: December 11, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful picture! It looks to me as though Kate's hair is a tad shorter than in the announcement pictures.

One thing that has come across very much in all the posts here and in the related articles/links from all over the world is the key phrase "in love" that has been used to describe these two young people.

I have to smile remembering all the months and months of speculation and observances that there was no "spark" or love noticeable between these two. Now its not only visible but actually hits us smack dab in the face. It makes me realize just how private these two can be. :D

The second one where they are hugging each other is truly perfection. They both look so happy but Kate looks over the moon. She looks beautiful.

Lovely pictures, the second one is sooo sweet, "prince charming who is protecting his princess" :wub:
This one more formal is for me too photoshoped - the background looks strange.
Anyway I'm glad to see these cute photos, they seem to be very happy couple.

They look so madly in love. Kate is perfect for William! They look so happy. Whoever said that she looks like Mary, please stop, she looks like herself. She is a beauty in her own right and does not compare to anyone else. Just a lovely couple. God bless them always.

Gorgeous pictures. They look so happy and in love......I'm beyond thrilled that they're finally taking that next step.

One thing that has come across very much in all the posts here and in the related articles/links from all over the world is the key phrase "in love" that has been used to describe these two young people.

I have to smile remembering all the months and months of speculation and observances that there was no "spark" or love noticeable between these two. Now its not only visible but actually hits us smack dab in the face. It makes me realize just how private these two can be. :D

I agree with your observation.
I cannot try and imagine how difficult that must have been. But then I am not a person to hide affection. Couldn't even if I tried. :D

I agree Osipi, they were always so restrained in public and them to see them so lovingly embrace each other is remarkable and extremely delicious. I thought they would have released these photos earlier but I love them. I love anything Testino does.

What wonderful perfect photographs! First, a really nice, simple formal photo and then a wonderfully loving photo, which really does show us the real feelings of love and fun between the couple.

I have no doubt at all that Mario Testino should do the official wedding photos!!!

This is the most beautiful engagements photos I have ever seen:wub:

What wonderful perfect photographs! First, a really nice, simple formal photo and then a wonderfully loving photo, which really does show us the real feelings of love and fun between the couple.

I have no doubt at all that Mario Testino should do the official wedding photos!!!

He very well might. Although, does Buckingham Palace or the court have an official photographer does events like weddings?

Each couple chooses their own photographer I believe, it's gone from Lord Lichfield to Sir Geoffry Shakerly.

Based on how well he shot the engagement photos, I would hope they'd choose Testino to do their wedding portraits.

These are just gorgeous photographs, but just like every one else, I adore the one where they're hugging each other. It's just so full of joy and love, it's pouring off the picture.

So happy for them and can't wait for the day itself!!

Kate & William look great in these recent engagement pics.:flowers: They seem in love. :in_love: I wish we could see more details of Kate's white dress/suit that she had in those pics taken in palace.

Kate & William look great in these recent engagement pics.:flowers: They seem in love. :in_love: I wish we could see more details of Kate's white dress/suit that she had in those pics taken in palace.

According to "The Telegraph" the white dress that Kate wore is by Reiss. In the photo where Kate is hugging to William, the ivory silk top is by Whistles

Oh gosh - I had forgotten that one! Was it one of the postage stamp photos? I guess the new engagement photo isn't as novel as I thought!

The pose may perhaps not be novel, but the expression is novel to me - Charles poses demure with his hand carefully on Diana's shoulders;
William is all out in the open and hugs Catherine with intensity.

They make such a beautiful couple, both very photogenic and relaxed in front of the camera. In a word, natural.

That was the engagement photo where he was standing on the step. Everyone remarked that the Prince who was only an inch taller than his fiancee suddenly seemed to be 6 inches taller. No step necessary for Prince William!

This photo also came to my mind when I saw the pic of Wiliam and Kate hugging. I can't believe that Diana was almost 8 years younger than Kate when her picture was taken. They both look very happy. Both pics are beautiful.

Of course this one was obviously taken in a time before re touching/Photoshop lol ..... Kate and William just look so in love :)

Retouching photos is much older than the computer/photoshop age! This is why we still have the term 'airbrushing'. In the early days of photography this was how unflattering photos were altered. They were airbrushed. Famously Cecil Beaton's photos from the 1930s of Queen Elizabeth (QM) were airbrushed to make her appear thinner.

They are lovely photos, whether or not they were altered from the original I don't know. But it's naive to assume that photos from the past were not changed to make the sitters look better. They were!

He very well might. Although, does Buckingham Palace or the court have an official photographer does events like weddings?

No Buckingham Palace doesn't have an official photographer, each royal couple from the past have chosen their own photographer. It's unlikely that Mario Testino will do the wedding photos, he works in portraits not weddings. Also going by past cases, the photographer who took the official engagement photos didn't do the wedding photos. Eg Charles and Diana, Lord Snowdon did the engagement photos, Earl Litchfield did the wedding.

Last edited:
Retouching photos is much older than the computer/photoshop age! This is why we still have the term 'airbrushing'. In the early days of photography this was how unflattering photos were altered. They were airbrushed. Famously Cecil Beaton's photos from the 1930s of Queen Elizabeth (QM) were airbrushed to make her appear thinner.

They are lovely photos, whether or not they were altered from the original I don't know. But it's naive to assume that photos from the past were not changed to make the sitters look better. They were!

I agree. My computer was down for a bit today, so I found myself without anything "fun" to do. And did a trip down memory lane with the wedding books of Charles/Diana, Andrew/Sarah and Edward/Sophie. I also viewed the book The Royal Portraits...which deals with the Cecil Beaton photos of the Duke/Duchess of Windsor, the Kents (Marina, George, Alexandra, Edward and Michael), Marie Louise, the Queen Mother, and the Gloucesters (Alice, Henry, William and Richard). Andas Charlotte mentioned...there was a lot of airbrushing going on even then.

I love these photos..I am sure more were taken...but they will release them when they see fit. Either way...Kate and William look very happy.

I agree about the second photo; it actually brought a tear to my eye to see their happiness. Now I really can't wait for the wedding!
They are truly beaming from ear to ear! and I know they will have beautiful children from the sparkle in their eyes.Theye also have great simplicity about them and I appreciate that in them in these times.Looking forward to their wedding.
God Bless them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom