The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-12-2010, 12:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234luvluvluv View Post
the second one is probably the cutest picture i've ever seen. i can only imagine what it would be like if diana was here.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw them. How wonderful it would be for her to see her son in love and so happy. I am sure she is watching over them in sprit.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:59 AM
Royal Highness

I concur! The second photo is probably the best engagement photo I've ever seen.

Old 12-12-2010, 02:11 AM
Serene Highness

Why two people who are not yet in their 30´s need so much photoshop? Are they not pleased with their appearence? I wonder if it is the photographers fault. The second picture doesn´t look natural.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful portrait of the two embracing. The angle and light is very charming.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 12-12-2010, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I must say that I do really like the picture where they are hugging each other. I love the colors of the picture, I like the simplicity of them. Her outfit looks very promising. The other picture looks very typical and almost every married & engaged couple pose like that.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234luvluvluv View Post
the second one is probably the cutest picture i've ever seen. i can only imagine what it would be like if diana was here.
Well, she wouldn't be in the picture.... But surely William wishes his mother could join in the festivities.
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Prince William and Kate Middleton wedding: The touching embrace that shows the love between William and Kate... and a refreshing departure from Royal protocol | Mail Online

The photo where they are hugging is really lovely
Heir Apparent

I'm so tired right now so for anymore updates on articles about the engagements photos go here

Kate Middleton turns to the high stre... - Google News
Old 12-12-2010, 05:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Why two people who are not yet in their 30´s need so much photoshop? Are they not pleased with their appearence? I wonder if it is the photographers fault. The second picture doesn´t look natural.
Which parts have been "photoshopped"?
Old 12-12-2010, 05:37 AM
Commoner

Very nice and sweet :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I think it is typical royal portrait. What is photoshoped?
Old 12-12-2010, 07:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Which parts have been "photoshopped"?
Don't worry about her post; she is practically always nitpicking - either on Catherine or Charlene Wittstock.

P.S. I don't believe anything has been photoshopped - what would need it?
Old 12-12-2010, 07:14 AM
Nobility

Talking

Awesome pictures just goes to show how much in love they really are,the One where William is holding Catherine is really sweet!
Old 12-12-2010, 07:18 AM
Courtier

Prince William and Kate Middleton wedding: The touching embrace that shows the love between William and Kate... and a refreshing departure from Royal protocol | Mail Online

what about the second half of the news? they are taking over a hotel, who will pay for it? (im just curious, not implying anything at all!)
Old 12-12-2010, 07:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Tnks :) just read it! I guess they are so sweet in the pictures that I did'nt even bother looking at the discription!
You're welcome, I can understand that. So, no family portrait or anything? Can someone confirm?
Old 12-12-2010, 07:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
You're welcome, I can understand that. So, no family portrait or anything? Can someone confirm?
As far as is known, this is it. Do the British ever do family portraits?
Old 12-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Personally I find the first picture way too photoshopped.
I like the second picture much more. Very sweet.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I must say that I do really like the picture where they are hugging each other. I love the colors of the picture, I like the simplicity of them. Her outfit looks very promising. The other picture looks very typical and almost every married & engaged couple pose like that.
I think you just nailed it, Dazz. The key-word is indeed 'simplicity' - nothing excessive or unnecessary in these photos. Just two gorgeous young people, in love with each other. Nothing else or more would do.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Don't worry about her post; she is practically always nitpicking - either on Catherine or Charlene Wittstock.

P.S. I don't believe anything has been photoshopped - what would need it?
Perhaps the poster meant to say 'airbrushed'. To me there appears to have been some degree of airbrushing but certainly nothing was 'photoshopped'.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 12-12-2010, 08:01 AM
Courtier

The second, informal one (also my favourite!) looks almost identical to one made, I think by Lord Snowdon 30 years ago, of the Prince´s parents Ch. and D. The only difference is that the P o W wore a suit and tie. But Diana placed her engagement ringed hand exactly at the same spot!
Old 12-12-2010, 08:08 AM
Heir Apparent

i love the pictures. i thought immediately that the photographer would be testino, he seems to have a close relationship to william and kate. the more official one is certainly not very testino, with all that photoshopping and the background colours. i love the informal picture, so intimate and revealing of their complicity :)
beautiful, it's a shame we didn't get more!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all