Engagement Photos of Prince William and Catherine Middleton: December 11, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PDA??? I don't understand this.

Why do people have a fascination with seeing people kiss? I find that strange - personally I would prefer that they didn't make a 'public' show of kissing as it seems so staged and false - for show rather than for emotional and personal reasons.

I'm with you on this one, Bertie.

I agree - a very good post. In the olden days people got married and had to stay married and put up with all the difficulties and hardships if their spouse treated them badly etc. Nowadays, some people get married to the wrong person and divorce ready to do it all over again and make the same mistakes. In these modern times where attitudes and society has changed so much, the best recipe for a long and happy marriage is to get to know your partner over a long period of time and go through all the ups and downs to see whether you can get through them and at some point you come to realise that in spite of all the ups and downs you still loves someone so seal the deal and get married. Short courtships don;t seem to work as well these days as they might have done before!

I think the engagement photos are very nice, retouched or not. As for long relationships, I would have to dump anyone who dated me for 2 years without a proposal. I did that twice, met and knew someone for a mere 3 weeks, married him 30 years ago. It may or may not last - You can never tell!

It shows that one was universally respected while the other was divisive and damaging to the family into which she married.
Universally repected? Are you referring to Princess Grace? She was quite DISrespected by other royal/princely houses because of being a movie actress. She was unhappy and unfaithful in her marriage as well. Hence my drawing the comparison.

Both photos are so cute ! I wish them happiness !

Photos from Enagagement are gorgeous.They are so natural and professional.Mario did a good job!

They're very airbrushed and 'perfect couple'... Give me Zara's photos any day!

They're very airbrushed and 'perfect couple'... Give me Zara's photos any day!

They are not very airbrushed and yes, they are 'perfect couple'. To many of us and others, that is. Just like Zara and Mike are to many of us and others.

Skippy said:
They are not very airbrushed and yes, they are 'perfect couple'. To many of us and others, that is. Just like Zara and Mike are to many of us and others.

You can't deny that they're very airbrushed. It's a well-known fact that Mario Testino loves to airbrush (as he did with Kate Moss's recent wedding shots). I don't know, I just like people with a bit of character and modernity in them and those photos screamed traditional, glossy royal couple where William protects Catherine and Catherine just stands there looking pretty. I thought Zara and Mike's pictures showed much more of their personalities. Although I guess they don't have to worry about becoming King and Queen...

You can't deny that they're very airbrushed. It's a well-known fact that Mario Testino loves to airbrush (as he did with Kate Moss's recent wedding shots). I don't know, I just like people with a bit of character and modernity in them and those photos screamed traditional, glossy royal couple where William protects Catherine and Catherine just stands there looking pretty. I thought Zara and Mike's pictures showed much more of their personalities. Although I guess they don't have to worry about becoming King and Queen...

I agree, I like engagement (or any other) photos to show something about the couple's personality. However, if the photos were of them sitting on their couch in Wales or walking in the garden most people would have torn them to shreds. I guess it's better to be safe and a bit boring :lol:

What's great about this forum (to me anyway), is the fact that one can be exposed to a great amount of different interpretations of the same picture/article/event/etc. When I look at those pictures (specifically the one where they're more casually dressed), I see a couple who's deeply in love with each other. I don't see protectiveness as much as cherishing perhaps. William looks at Catherine like she's the most important person in the world. That is how it should be, and I'm glad that that picture reflects that.

Call me romantic, or naive (and I'll agree, because it won't be the first or last time), but that's how I'm seeing this particular photograph. If it's air brushed and a little formal-looking, so be it.

I agree, I like engagement (or any other) photos to show something about the couple's personality. However, if the photos were of them sitting on their couch in Wales or walking in the garden most people would have torn them to shreds. I guess it's better to be safe and a bit boring :lol:

Yep. It's another example of 'damned if they do, and damned if they don't'. I guess if I were in their shoes, I'd rather be 'safe and boring' too. Creates a little less headache.

Donovan said:

Ooh I'd love some Wales shots!

It has been stated that the photos received minimal airbrushing, even though Mario Testino apparently likes to airbrush. So I have no "I can't deny" stuff.

What's great about this forum (to me anyway), is the fact that one can be exposed to a great amount of different interpretations of the same picture/article/event/etc. When I look at those pictures (specifically the one where they're more casually dressed), I see a couple who's deeply in love with each other. I don't see protectiveness as much as cherishing perhaps. William looks at Catherine like she's the most important person in the world. That is how it should be, and I'm glad that that picture reflects that.

Call me romantic, or naive (and I'll agree, because it won't be the first or last time), but that's how I'm seeing this particular photograph. If it's air brushed and a little formal-looking, so be it.

I totally agree.

It has been stated that the photos received minimal airbrushing, even though Mario Testino apparently likes to airbrush. So I have no "I can't deny" stuff.

Except that it's obvious from the pictures themselves...I know they're not massively airbrushed, but all I'm saying is that airbrushing makes a picture look more fake, and there shouldn't be anything fake about an engagement photograph. Maybe for a glossy magazine, but I definitely wouldn't have it that way.

Except that it's obvious from the pictures themselves...I know they're not massively airbrushed, but all I'm saying is that airbrushing makes a picture look more fake, and there shouldn't be anything fake about an engagement photograph. Maybe for a glossy magazine, but I definitely wouldn't have it that way.

Well, seeing as we have only seen the ones printed in the "glossy magazines" we can't really speculate on what they have in their own house, can we?

And, I had my engagement photos and wedding photos touched up/airbrushed to remove any imperfections and it was pretty much standard practice so I don't understand what the problem is?

I think my official graduation photos were touched up and airbrushed. For all the money these official photogs cost, they better do some minor touch ups.

I think my official graduation photos were touched up and airbrushed. For all the money these official photogs cost, they better do some minor touch ups.

No kidding!

And on topic, I liked both engagement photos!

testino is a genius william and kate look so good and happy

Testino did a wonderful job with the photos. He was able to capture the love that they have for eachother. Even though they were posed I feel you can see that the way they felt was in their eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom