Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rob2008

Nobility
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
Just announced by Prince Charles

The Prince of Wales - Home

BBC News - Prince William to marry Kate Middleton next year

Prince William is to marry long-term girlfriend Kate Middleton next year, Clarence House has said.

The royal engagement was announced in a brief statement released by Clarence House.

It said: "The Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince William to Miss Catherine Middleton.

The wedding will take place in the spring or summer of 2011, in London. Further details about the wedding day will be announced in due course.

Prince William has informed the Queen and other close members of his family.

Prince William has also sought the permission of Miss Middleton's father."

The Queen said she was "absolutely delighted" for both Prince William and Kate Middleton.

Prime Minister David Cameron said the engagement marked "a great day for our country" and wished the couple a long and happy life together. He said he had received the news in a call from Buckingham Palace during a cabinet meeting, and it was greeted with "a great cheer" and "banging of the table" from fellow ministers.

Leader of the Labour party Ed Miliband said "the whole country will be wishing them every happiness".

:royalstandard:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news, story has only just broken.

Well, Im not particularly enthused by this but at least its not a suprise. If William is happy then thats all that matters.

Blimey.... I never thought I would live to see the day ;). Congratulations to the couple & their relatives!

Apparently they got engaged during a private holiday to Kenya.

Wow congratulatios! I know that Kate and William has a very long relationship but I didn't expected they got engaged this year.

Anyway, Congratulations to the couple!

After so many fake news stories, it feels so surreal to hear the real thing has finally happened. Congrats to the happy couple - so glad the speculation is finally over.

The timing fits in well in advance of the Diamond Jubilee and will throw Harry into the paths of other talented young women.

I'm really really happy!! They are a lovely couple!!! Congratulations : )

I'm not surprised..I was expecting this announcement to come out before the end of the winter!!!:flowers:

another big wedding to look forward to!

Last edited:
Congratulations - this couple deserve our very best wishes.

This is so great!! 2 Royal weddings next year.. :flowers:

It was about time. Another royal wedding to look forward to!

Thank God.... best wishes ..to them....;)

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Yeah!! Hope they have a lifetime of happiness. Wonder how long it's going to take for the paparazzi to start making their lives even more miserable than they already do at this point? At least she will now have a PPO and the palace to help her out.

It finally happened! Kate got her man! Congratulations to them both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! I'm... surprised. I'm just watching CNN, they don't sound too enthused. A spring/summer wedding should be lovely, though. Congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom