Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they are Royal, they are not allowed to fall in love and marry someone who doesn't have Royal blood? The practice of arranging marriages within Royal Families is over, thank GOD. You have a seriously archaic way of thinking about Royalty that doesn't fit into the current century.

I did say I have no problem with them marrying commoners.

My problem is that they then still see themselves as somehow special and better than everyone else when in fact they are becoming commoners themselves.

My view of thinking about royalty in the current century very much fits in - the concept of monarchy is what is archaic and past its use by date and as long as they continue to make themselves ordinary and commoners that idea will continue to grow.

I was a rabid monarchist when I joined this board 2 years ago but thanks to the people here have become and ardent republican. I am thankful for the people on here who have shown my how archaic my ideas of two years ago were and how much more I am now intune with the modern world as a result of being here.

Lets get back on topic...the engagement of William and Catherine.

There are other thread where people can discuss royals marrying commoners, the role or monarchy, monarchy vs. republic, etc.

That was adorable! Thanks for sharing with us!

Kate was very relieved that it was over :lol:
With time I think she'll grow into it and be more confident about it.

Thank you for pointing this moment out - a lovely natural gesture from Kate - I think it speaks volumes about their relationship

I love it, shows that she was really trying to get everything right during the interview. Also, love how William tells her to "breathe" and puts his hand on her knee, great show of support for his intended.

Thanks for the video! It's very nice!! I like the way William tells Kate to breathe and how he encourages her!! They're a beautiful couple!!

The church isn't for the "righteous", it's for anyone who wants God's blessing on their marriage and not just the "say so" of the state.

In a way I agree with you. The Church is for sinners, not Saints. Perhaps they will "go and sin no more" after they leave the beautiful religious backdrop.

I wish them all happiness.

Aw super cute! Thank you for posting that clip. I think our nightly news show had a small unseen clip as well though I could not find it anywhere. William is sitting there talking and Kate looks at him and starts brushing off dust and such from his suit I thought it was a cute moment but sadly I can't find it anywhere since.

What a nice clip! I really enjoyed seeing that. Thanks for posting it.

Thanks for the video! It's very nice!! I like the way William tells Kate to breathe and how he encourages her!! They're a beautiful couple!!

I agree wholeheartedly with that, lovely how he pats her on her leg and encourages her. What a great couple :flowers:

Last edited:
Aw super cute! Thank you for posting that clip. I think our nightly news show had a small unseen clip as well though I could not find it anywhere. William is sitting there talking and Kate looks at him and starts brushing off dust and such from his suit I thought it was a cute moment but sadly I can't find it anywhere since.

It on the second clip of this page

Prince William to marry Kate Middleton - Channel4 News

Last edited:
Really?! omg I did't watch the second clip on the page thank you soo much for letting me know I'll watch it as soon as I get home since im in class and can't watch it right now:flowers:

ETA: yay it was the clip I had seen so happy I finally found it thank you!!!

How lovely, she removed a hair from just behind his ear. Doesn't make it any less charming of course. Those little gestures are what makes things so special :D

How lovely, she removed a hair from just behind his ear. Doesn't make it any less charming of course. Those little gestures are what makes things so special :D
Exactly I know it's a small thing but it's such cute little gestures that make me love these two even more.

Don't know if this has been posted, but here's a video that shows a bit of unseen footage of William and Kate after their interview. It's a cute moment.

It's the first video, and it starts at around the 4:53 mark.
What a sweet and totally natural moment. But, while I think it showed a much more animated Kate and William for that matter, I think it stinks!

That clip was after the interview was over and they thought the cameras had stopped rolling and, in continuing to film and deciding to release it to the world, they broke faith with the BRF again.

Just as all those years ago when Charles, William and Harry agreed to give an interview on the slopes in return for being left in peace during their holiday. Some weasle left the microphone on before/after the interview and like most eavesdroppers, heard nothing good about himself.

So, it doesn't matter that the clip gives us a delightful glimpse of the Happy couple, it matters that they neither knew nor consented. Had that happened it would have been not only released on the day but it would have been the headline news of the day!

:previous: I can't help thinking that William knew or at least suspected that some recording equipment might still be running, and that he would have made an issue of it only if Kate had said or done something outrageous. As it is she just did something endearing and it will enhance her image. He knows all their tricks and wouldn't really let his guard down till every one of the press people and their equipment was out the front gate.

In a way I agree with you. The Church is for sinners, not Saints. Perhaps they will "go and sin no more" after they leave the beautiful religious backdrop.

It's impossible not to sin. It's a pithy little suggestion, but has no roots in reality.

Don't know if this has been posted, but here's a video that shows a bit of unseen footage of William and Kate after their interview. It's a cute moment.

It's the first video, and it starts at around the 4:53 mark.
That was awesome. Thanks for sharing that find! She's got much to learn, God love her. But she strikes me as very sharp, very together. She's going to make a fabulous addition to William's family. I only hope she doesn't let Anne rattle her.:eek::D

In that context, I think that the Lord was talking about the woman's particular sin, that of adultery. But complete absence of sin is impossible, I agree.

It's impossible not to sin. It's a pithy little suggestion, but has no roots in reality.

That was awesome. Thanks for sharing that find! She's got much to learn, God love her. But she strikes me as very sharp, very together. She's going to make a fabulous addition to William's family. I only hope she doesn't let Anne rattle her.:eek::D

I think William, Camilla and Charles will ensure that Kate is well looked after in the family.

To rattle someone, IMO, is to get them worked up about it.
It possible has something to do with the rumour that Anne thinks she is better than the commoners who marry into the BRF. She apparently rattled Fergie and Diana because they weren't good enough.

To rattle someone, IMO, is to get them worked up about it.
It possible has something to do with the rumour that Anne thinks she is better than the commoners who marry into the BRF. She apparently rattled Fergie and Diana because they weren't good enough.

Which makes zero sense when you consider that her own mother The Queen Mother was the daughter of an Earl and not born "Royal" either. Diana was the daughter of an Earl. Princess Ann also married two commoners. If they were treated poorly by anyone in the Royal Family I doubt she would have tolerated it.

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm only repeating what I have heard.

This thread isn't about Anne and her relationship with Diana or anyone else.
Its about the engagement of William and Catherine.

All remaining off topic posts will be deleted.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Thank you Zonk. Things were beginning to really get out of hand.

I picked up both Hello and Macleans special Engagement editions the other day. The Hello one has some gorgeous pictures of possible jewels that Kate may have a chance to wear someday from The Royal Collection. There's an especially stunning picture of the necklace that makes up the Wedding Present the then Princess Elizabeth recieved from the Nizam of Hyderabad.

I've heard many things about that set, but this is the first I've seen a decent, and it is that and then some, picture of the necklace. It really is stunning. There's also gorgeous pictures of other pieces in the Special Edition as well.

Both are great additions to anyone's Royal Collection. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom