Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Earl Spencer will know better than to blast the BRF on William's wedding. But if William really asked him to do a speech he must be on good terms with them.

As for Elton John- I doubt he'd be singing anything.

As for Elton John- I doubt he'd be singing anything.

"Perhaps" Elton just figured that with the possible attendance of various Queen's, what's the harm in one more? ;)

Seriosuly though, I should hope he isn't invited let that he should sing for the couple. It just wouldn't be appropriate.

Last edited:
I think its an amazing moment in time after the last 10 years of white wash for William to be making these ' statements' whether giving Kate the sapphire ring or asking his uncle Spencer to speak at the wedding. Charles must be whirling and twirling. This does not fall in line with the last decade of PR from Clarence House. Certainly none of the Charels and Camilla Claque would have been ok with this. And if this is any indication, William will certainly be restoring the HRH to his mother as promised.

William will certainly be restoring the HRH to his mother as promised

Time will tell and I've always thought that would be an appropriate restoration and something very personal for both him and his brother. I do not think anyone should begrudge William that decision should it eventuate.

As for anything else, it's all heresay and until confirmed I don't think it's a clear indication of very much.

Did you miss the part of 'If this is any indication" my dear Mme Royal? Certainly giving Kate that ring and asking Spencer to speak at the wedding is quite a deviation of the talking points of the last 5-10 years, no?

Did you miss the part of 'If this is any indication" my dear Mme Royal? Certainly giving Kate that ring and asking Spencer to speak at the wedding is quite a deviation of the talking points of the last 5-10 years, no?

No, I read it and I'm fairly certain I agreed with you :p

I just don't think it pays to jump to conclusions though re the dynamics of relationships we are not privvy to. Not until there are reliable sources to substantiate what's being written. And it's pertinent to remember that William is not his father so anything which is reflected by Clarence House really cannot be assumed as being the personal reflections of either William and Henry. It's common procedure though to relay it as the general consensus.

Naturally, I'm sure Charles and William (like most parents and children) disagree on a number of things, and possibly not least of all where Diana may be concerned, but I'm sure Charles would not really wish to question the motivations of his son who is very much his own man and who has his own ideas and recollections. And I'm inclined to think William would not wish to oppose his father on any matter for the sake of being difficult. The fact is, this is William's wedding and it should be executed the way William (and of course Catherine) would like and all will be as it should be on the day.

William was not a child when his mother died so it's no surprise to me that paying reference to her is something he would like to do if it is infact likely. She was by all accounts a loving mother and he doting son. She may no longer be with us, but she will always be his mother and a constant in his mind.

Should Earl Spencer be asked to speak, and it's yet to be confirmed that he shall as we know, then I'm fairly confident all will be well.

As for his mothers ring, rings are meant to be worn. A family heirloom which I found to be a lovely gesture myself.

Camilla wears one of the Queen Mother's rings, and in essence could that not reflect the close relationship shared between Charles and the Queen Mother? I think of it much the same way with William and Diana and her engagement ring.

Last edited:
It's William and Kate's wedding and it's up to them to decide who will speak there. It is a family occasion, ultimately, and I'm not surprised he wants his Spencer uncle to take part.

As long as Spencer doesn't rave on about the sanctity of marriage and the proper way to treat women he should be OK. :lol:

I like the idea of Earl Spencer doing a Bible reading. He has a fine voice. As for him talking about Diana? That would just be strange. I can see Elton John singing at the reception, but the wedding? Nope, can't see it. Perhaps and up-and-coming soloist would be a good idea.:flowers:

I sincerely hope that Earl Spencer's involvement in the wedding is limited to a Bible reading, if that. I just have a hard time believing that William would risk the impression of replaying his mother's funeral, much less with Elton John performing, too. :ermm:

In other words, it will be business as usual once the wedding and honeymoon are over.;) I predict that, within a few months of the wedding, we're going to hear that Kate has become "grand" and demanding on any staff she might have. That seems to be what happens with new princesses.

ghost_night554;1166623[URL="http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5gf9sUJnxKdlMqrFLX3q_0BTG6n5g?docId=N0277481290696924920A" said:
The Press Association: Press 'will turn on royal pair'[/URL]

:previous: I'm coming to like William more and more. :hornets: :)

The times they are a'changing. I see a very different monarchy under William, and his changes could be the beginning of the end, of course.

:turkey:

Last edited:
^where do they live now? and just for my information: they lived together in university, and then didn't live together till earlier this year when she moved with him in Northern Wales? so they've lived a total of 4 years together (3 in university, and then this year)?
Wales.

Mag published too the words that Catherine and Prince wrote in guests books during their travel to Kenia:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

:previous: I'm coming to like William more and more. :hornets: :)

The times they are a'changing. I see a very different monarchy under William, and his changes could be the beginning of the end, of course.

:turkey:

I do think that the monarchy, if it still exists will be very different when William gets there in 30 or so years. If it isn't then something is very wrong. It is different now to what it was when the Queen became Queen and to what it was 30 years ago and even 10 years ago so in 30 years time both the Queen and Charles will have changed the monarchy themselves and then the nearly 60 year old William will get his chance.

I'm very pleased that William is going to work over the Christmas period.
He and the family can arrange a conference call betwen Buck House and RAF Valley !!

I wonder if after his wedding, William will have his own forum, separate from his brother's.

She signs her name "Catherine Middleton". So she really does prefer Catherine to Kate. But even William calls her Kate, because he did so continually in the ITV interview!

Susan Boyle?

Anybody else notice PA plugging himself in his little clip?:whistling:
Interestingly enough that you mentioned that I saw an article of Simon Cowell saying Susan Boyle should perform at the wedding! Now that would be interesting! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdkKx4faYbM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpYw2P01DII&feature=related

I am sure Charlene W will present a really glamorous figure at William's wedding. Prince Albert has found a real treasure. She will I am sure add a touch of Princess Grace glamour to the country once she marries the Prince.

Kate needs to make the most of the next 10 years. Once she hits 40 people won't care any more.

One of the press woman at the engagement interview said she was wearing so much heavy make-up it was hard to see the real face behind the person. Kate obviously felt she had to wear tons of make-up to look young but I think it made her look even older.

skipped

I am sure Charlene W will present a really glamorous figure at William's wedding. Prince Albert has found a real treasure. She will I am sure add a touch of Princess Grace glamour to the country once she marries the Prince.

Kate needs to make the most of the next 10 years. Once she hits 40 people won't care any more.

One of the press woman at the engagement interview said she was wearing so much heavy make-up it was hard to see the real face behind the person. Kate obviously felt she had to wear tons of make-up to look young but I think it made her look even older.

Well, okay, that is your opinion. It is not for sure at all. And to add to it - I find it an insulting and mean thing to say.

Last edited:

Ever thought of the fact, that camera-make-up looks heavy and over the top in real life while they cameras swallow all the colour? There is no need to paint everything in a negative light ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom