Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate's Middleton's parents, Michael and Carole, say they are "absolutely delighted" and "thrilled" at today's announcement. "We've got to know William very well and we think he is wonderful," they said. "They make a lovely couple, they're great to be with and we've had a lot of laughs together." from bbc.co.uk

To Panther2000
Here is the link: BBC News - Prince William to marry next year
Thanks for the LINK I found it & am listing live now while I am at work. Yeah, I know I am BAD. I should be working.

But, with my luck, I will be out to lunch when the press conf starts.

Finally!!! Great news to wake up to.:)
Congrats to William and Kate.
Hope they set the date so I can plan my day LOL.

I'm so excited for them! This is great news. :) I wonder how it feels to have the entire world feel happy for you and wish you the best in your future together? (Well, I guess some are not so thrilled about the engagement, but oh well)

In a news story I just watched, they said that he proposed last month... How did they keep it secret for so long?

Oh my god!!! what a wonderful news!! I'm so excited about that!!!

Hope they'll be happy!

Can't wait to see the wedding:!!

1630: William has given Kate his mother Diana's engagement ring, according to ITV's political editor Tom Bradby.

Lets hope it will go better for her

He gave her Diana's engagement ring...(i've read in other board)
Talking about being original...

He is giving her his moms ring per BBC OMG

So, at long last the speculation is over. The greatest joy will no doubt be felt by the moderators of this forum who will no longer have to add additional threads to the Wills and Kate engagement speculation!
I can't help thinking how proud Diana would have been of how her boys have grown up. Charles and Camilla have done a wonderful job of being there for their boys and I extend my best wishes to all of them especially Wills and Kate.

Last edited:
1630: William has given Kate his mother Diana's engagement ring, according to ITV's political editor Tom Bradby.

Lets hope it will go better for her

BBC seems to confirm this.

Well, he doesn't shy away from things -- at least in this respect. Perhaps it was his Mother's wish after the divorce. I hope he comments on it.

The giving of his mother's engagement ring to Catherine is a great disappointment to me. I had hoped she would have her own ring.

it was on the news. he gave her diana's ring.

Clarence House have just confirmed that William has given his fiancee the engagement ring that his late mother wore. It is an enormous 18 carat blue sapphire surrounded by smaller diamonds. We might get a glimpse of it on Kate's hand shortly when those much-awaited photos of the happy couple are released.

Well perhaps for Prince William her lovely ring is full of wonderful memories. :flowers: But I must admit I didn't expect it.

Congrats Will and Kate!

Have to add FINALLY, as well. The end to the worlds logest series of rumors. LOL!

I hear it's his mothers ring after all. Very nice.

BBC feed keeps cutting out here. Overload I suspect. (I'm at work...hee hee)

Fun Day! :)

I hope she doesn't wear the Spencer Tiara to represent Diana's side of the family at the wedding. To many references to Diana would take away from the happy couple!
Can't wait to see the interview oh and poor Camilla having to look at that ring at events LOL she can't get away from Diana ever either.

^what about the video? arent they going to show they're interview?

I think it is actually very touching that he gave his mother's ring to her. From the love of his mother to the love of his life. It shows how much both women mean to him. Very touching.

I'm so excited for them! This is great news. :) I wonder how it feels to have the entire world feel happy for you and wish you the best in your future together? (Well, I guess some are not so thrilled about the engagement, but oh well)

In a news story I just watched, they said that he proposed last month... How did they keep it secret for so long?

I think that it was great that they did. I can see that William really wanted to keep a quite for as long as they could.

I just heard that william gave kate his mother's ring. I wish he would have gave her something else( Give her the ring as a Gift from him) but, another enga. ring altogether. But, we know that he loves her so. All is well

Oh, dear ... didn't expect him to give her Diana's ring. I guess that by giving it to her, he is saying that it isn't bad luck and just move-on. Probably the smart thing to do ... the longer the ring is "in hiding" the more of a negative vibe around it. This way ... it's really no big deal.

BBC: We'll be bringing you the happy couple's first interview here on the BBC News website and on the BBC News channel at 7pm - hope you'll stay with us for that

If I understand it correctly this event at 4:45 is a photocall with photgraphers and written press. At 7:00 there will be an interview with the couple on ITV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom