Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally!!
Now all the rumors can rest thank God.
I'm so happy for them. I hope they make each other happy and I hope Kate will be a good princess and queen. It's very romantic of will to pop the question in Kenya.

I feel sorry for the many girls who were hoping to get a chance with Will....it's all over now:flowers:.

Wonderful news! Congrats to the both of them. :flowers:

HURRAY!!!!!!! :flowers::wub::clap:WHERE IS THE RING?? I'm dying here.

Well this was not a surprise but I think we are all very happy for them I think Kate will be a very lovely bride and wife because she is so young and beautiful, it it expected that they give an interview today isn't it?:flowers:And I just want to say that Kate has an impecable and respectaful pre wedding behaviour, the best to me!!!!:flowers:

For anyone just joining us, we're expecting the happy couple to take part in a photo call at St James's Palace at 4.45pm. After that, they'll be doing an interview together - stay tuned to the BBC News channel, BBC radio and right here on the website for more. from bbc.co.uk

Last edited:
The official announcement referred to her as Catherine Middleton and I wonder whether that is how she should be referred to from now on?

Since my name is also Catherine, I am thrilled that she wants to use her real name rather than staying with the nickname. I never understood how Catherine turned into Kate, since Kate is usually shortened from Katherine or Kathleen.

Not only the next summer will be profitable, but also the 2012 summer with the Olympics!!

The Olympics, big royal weddings and other affairs of interest (i.e., world cup, super bowl in USA) always cost more than what they bring in. The 1996 Olympics in Atlanta just about bankrupted the city.

However, let me make it clear that I enjoy all the hype surrounding these events.

Congratulations to William and Best Wishes to Kate!

For anyone just joining us, we're expecting the happy couple to take part in a photo call at St James's Palace at 4.45pm. After that, they'll be doing an interview together - stay tuned to the BBC News channel, BBC radio and right here on the website for more. from bbc.co.uk

How many hours is england head of the US,. What time is it there now?

Though, I am pretty sure that the Video fees will be on Yubtube. Hoepfully, someone will post a link here in the thread.

By the way, who is the other couple getting married next year?

I must say that I am glad how the announcement was handled. There were too big Weddings this past summer( though, only 1 was a Royal wedding ) & the other was woman who too grewup in front of the world being the daughter of a former president. But, to let all the hoopla die down & then wait over a month to make the Official annoucement( to give the couple time to bask in their own happiness without the world looking on) All I have to say is
bravosmiley.gif

Last edited:
just saw her father's opinions...her mother didnt say anything at all...he just wished them the best and said they had been dating for some time etc etc. very short statement:) he looked a little nervous:) he said they are very fond of william

How many hours is england head of the US,. What time is it there now?

Though, I am pretty sure that the Video fees will be on Yubtube. Hoepfully, someone will post a link here in the thread.

It is 15:50 london hour

Kate's Middleton's parents, Michael and Carole, say they are "absolutely delighted" and "thrilled" at today's announcement. "We've got to know William very well and we think he is wonderful," they said. "They make a lovely couple, they're great to be with and we've had a lot of laughs together." from bbc.co.uk

To Panther2000
Here is the link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11766661

Last edited:
How wonderful =) I thought we would have to wait forever ;)

Fantastic news! Just woke up after a bad night with a prank call at 3am to see this happy news on Yahoo and came here immediately. I'm so happy for them and that the truly important speculation about their wedding and future title can begin in earnest,:flowers:.

Finally!!!!!! There were rumours for such a long time but now where we now that it is true I canť belive... Finally... Congratulation to couple...

Can somebody post a link for the video when it's available?
I doubt I'll be able to tune in, unless it's going to be on BBC America.

OMG!! Congratulations to them both!! God bless for a long and happy marriage filled with love and lots of babies!

Congrats to Will and Kate! and of course, have to add....FINALLY.

For those of us royal watchers this has seemed like the worlds longest rumor. People are always saying to me, have you heard? And I would say immediately, "Don't believe it!" Finally NOT another rumor. :D

The BBC feed is cutting out here, I'm listening but not hearing much. Overload?

I think we should address her as Catherine. Boil it down and upon her shoulders will rest the continuation of the Monarchy, through her children.

I am just woundering one thing, why no live pressconfrence on BBC? To us swedes watching the talk is Deja Vu since the talk about ms Middleton is almost as the press described Daniel Westling.

Both from a small village in their countries, both couples were guarded in that small village from the press etc etc.

I think we should address her as Catherine. Boil it down and upon her shoulders will rest the continuation of the Monarchy, through her children.

Well, according to wikipedia and the succession order of UK i wouldnt say that the continuation of the brittish monarchy stand and fall with these two, there is almost a batallion of people avalible for the throne:D

So will the interview with William and Catherine be broadcast live on ITV online at 7:00 PM GMT?

Well, according to wikipedia and the succession order of UK i wouldnt say that the continuation of the brittish monarchy stand and fall with these two, there is almost a batallion of people avalible for the throne:D

Yes, I understand what you're saying. However, I'm talking direct lineage.

Wow! I just heard the news on American National Public Radio. How great. In terms of royal weddings, the English speaking world should get a lot more coverage than we have had for foreign weddings.

I think Prince William made a wise decision to marry someone he truly loves so he doesn't get into the same trouble his father did with Diana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom