Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When was andrew and edward granted their dukedom and earldoms? And was the name of the new title announce at the engagement a la Swedish court?

In TV they said that William and Kate won't receive a (new) title until they're married. I don't know if it's true.

Last edited:
Finally!!! I was beginning to wonder if he'd ever get married.

When was andrew and edward granted their dukedom and earldoms? And was the name of the new title announce at the engagement a la Swedish court?

this is what a commentator said on sky news. he gave the example of the title of duke of Lancaster to explain...he said this will be done after the wedding.

Congratulations to the lovely couple. Prince William seems very happy with Kate. All the best and a long life together.

this is what a commentator said on sky news. he gave the example of the title of duke of Lancaster to explain...he said this will be done after the wedding.

Any titles will be granted at the time of the wedding. I think W&K will be created Duke and Duchess.

Wills and Kate will give their first interview together to ITV News's political editor Tom Bradby, an old friend of the Prince, which will be broadcast at 7pm.
from BBC

Andrew got his Dukedom and Edward his Earldom on their respective wedding days. Prince Philip who was plain Philip Mountbatten got his Dukedom on his weddding day.

Whatever title William gets, he'll get it on his wedding day, the announcement will come then not at the engagement.

Andrew got his Dukedom and Edward his Earldom on their respective wedding days. Prince Philip who was plain Philip Mountbatten got his Dukedom on his weddding day.

Whatever title William gets, he'll get it on his wedding day, the announcement will come then not at the engagement.
Thanks a lot.

Congratulations Prince William and Kate!!! I am very happy for them, my only sadness comes from wishing is mum could of seen this day with him. I only wish the very best for both of them!!!!

congratulations to Prince William and Kate, I wish them many happyness. To day, I thing to Princess Diana who would be very happy for her son and Kate

Yes Tom Bradly!! He askes te questions that need to be asked and get the answers... William will be at ease with him

Finally!!!! this is great news! I'm looking forward to the interview

Congratulations to Kate and William! :wub:This long expected news is great to hear and it is good that both partners seem to know what they're getting with each other after all this time. The best thing I heard this morning was that, unlike Charles and Diana, Kate and William will be seen more as a "team" than Kate becoming a superstar on her own and that sounds like a very good thing to me. I wish them all the best and hope they have many years of wedded bliss and many healthy boys to carry on the Windsor-Mountbatten dynasty.

:britflag::nzflag::ausflag::canflag:

Congrats to Kate and Prince William! I can't wait for the photocall.

Omg !!! So it really happend thats so awesome !!!

Prince Charles said he was "thrilled, obviously", adding: "They have been practising long enough."

What wonderful news! Congratulations to the young couple!

Its 1am here in Austrlia and Ireally should be in bed but I want to watch what is going on!!

Woot! Two royal weddings next year. And they're the two families that we hear about the most in the US. I hope they will broadcast them live, but there's we have online streaming now. I hope AP, Reuters, etc. don't pull what they did w/ Crown Princess Victoria's wedding.

What wonderful news this morning! I thought I was seeing things when I turned on the TV. Many, many years of happiness to Prince William and Miss Middleton!

It's about time that they get married.
Congratulations!

Congrat's to the couple. Finally all the wait & rumors are over :D

Congratulations to Kate and William! :wub:This long expected news is great to hear and it is good that both partners seem to know what they're getting with each other after all this time. The best thing I heard this morning was that, unlike Charles and Diana, Kate and William will be seen more as a "team" than Kate becoming a superstar on her own and that sounds like a very good thing to me. I wish them all the best and hope they have many years of wedded bliss and many healthy boys to carry on the Windsor-Mountbatten dynasty.

:britflag::nzflag::ausflag::canflag:

I agree 100%, but not only wishing for healthy happy boys. Letst get maybe a few girls in this group also.

I think that Diana is happy & smiling down on them both:angel:. They are older than she was & will WILL protect kate & more importantly. He truly loves her. I think that this will be a very successful Marriage.:twohearts:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom