The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
If I hadn't been told it was William and Kate I wouldn't have had any idea who they are supposed to be - no similarity at all.
We agree on something

Old 12-24-2010, 02:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Zara Phillips and Kate Middleton: Spot the one who was born to rule | Mail Online

Some people have nothing better to do than compare a country horsey working girl with a citified desk job girl with regard to the state of their hands - conveniently forgetting that one couple had over a month to prepare while the other had hours.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

It is a little sad that the comparisons would come down to manicures which is the least important part of an engagement announcement.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Zara Phillips and Kate Middleton: Spot the one who was born to rule | Mail Online

Some people have nothing better to do than compare a country horsey working girl with a citified desk job girl with regard to the state of their hands - conveniently forgetting that one couple had over a month to prepare while the other had hours.

Desk job? Really? Which one? It was not clear to me what she meant when asked about his job in the interview.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Desk job? Really? Which one? It was not clear to me what she meant when asked about his job in the interview.

The sort of work she was doing for her parents - photographer and working on their website. She wasn't doing a job in which she would literally get her hands dirty.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The sort of work she was doing for her parents - photographer and working on their website. She wasn't doing a job in which she would literally get her hands dirty.

Ok thanks. As she seemed to be always on holidays, I was wondering how was she able to spend so much money on clothes. It must be a tough job since it requires an entire family to do it. I think she will have to work even harder to fulfil all the duties she will be assigned. I hope she will come up to the expectations.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

If you want a cheap, tacky souvenir...

Royal engagement ring offered for $3 | The Daily Telegraph
Old 12-24-2010, 06:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Ok thanks. As she seemed to be always on holidays, I was wondering how was she able to spend so much money on clothes. It must be a tough job since it requires an entire family to do it. I think she will have to work even harder to fulfil all the duties she will be assigned. I hope she will come up to the expectations.
Most successful companies usually require more than just five people to keep it going. Catherine apparently is a smart young woman so I'm sure she will come up to the expectations of most people as she seemed to be successful in school. But then again, there will most likely be some people who will not be satified no matter what or how much she does. That's just par for the course. As the saying goes, "you can't please everyone".
Old 12-24-2010, 08:44 AM
Commoner

I agree the pic on the coin is terrible, They should have just used their cypher that is on the commemorative plates rather than such a terrible picture
Old 12-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Courtier

These souvenier pictures are so awfully terrible. Do W&C had to agree to them being produced? I can't imagine that they did...The plates are nice though..
Old 12-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

They must be having a slow news day. I didn't see a problem with Zara's nails. I wouldn't expect her to really have manicured nails especially if she is around horses all day.

Though going through this thread and seeing some of the articles. I think I know one of the reasons they are having a spring wedding. So they don't have to put up with all these types of articles for 6 months.

I like the plates, I don't care for the coin.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

I saw Zara's nails and thought a nail file quickly over the nails would have helped. Sorry.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Aristocracy

Yeah... I noticed the nails too lol. Obviously Kate had time beforehand to get a manicure... Zara did'nt. Ah well.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
If you want a cheap, tacky souvenir...

Royal engagement ring offered for $3 | The Daily Telegraph

If you want a fairly good reproduction of the ring go to QVC.com. I bought my mom the ring. If is about $40.00.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelly View Post
They must be having a slow news day. I didn't see a problem with Zara's nails. I wouldn't expect her to really have manicured nails especially if she is around horses all day.
It may be a bit off topic but I preferred Zara's pictures to that of William and Kate's. Zara looked happy, relaxed and true to herself; bad nails and all.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemagre View Post
It may be a bit off topic but I preferred Zara's pictures to that of William and Kate's. Zara looked happy, relaxed and true to herself; bad nails and all.
Two agreements in a week - something must be in the air.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Two agreements in a week - something must be in the air.
Its the Christmas spirit.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Majesty

I'm with you guys. Kate had time for the ultimate pamper manicure whilst Zara with all that snow etc. (and I suspect a house that is not full of servants) still had to muck out the horses. engagement or not.

That being said, her so-so manicure screamed "me and and a million other women just like me" whereas Kate's just made me a little envious. Not of the manicure so much as the time to squeeze it in. Now that is a big deal.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:37 PM
Aristocracy

I have to say whilst I totally get why Zara would maybe not have the "perfect" manicure etc, if it were me & I knew I'd be showing my hands (& engagement ring) off to anyone, let alone national media, I'd have at least given them a clean & tidy up. Maybe I don't have the full manicure but I certainly wouldn't want pics of my hands where I had mud under my nails. There's a difference between professionally manicured & just simply clean & tidy.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Look Kate is marrying the future king and Zara is marrying just another guy. It is neither good nor bad, it is the way "they" do things. William and Kate do what they are told to do. It is expected.