The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Suddenly...the countdown to April 29th seem very far off. So let's have some ground rules:

1) Everyone needs to be respectful of each other. You can disagree without being rude and condescending to your fellow TRF posters. Such posts will be deleted without notice.

2) Let's cool down on the Diana comparisons. Unless there is announcement that so and so is in remembrance of Diana (ie. Elizabeth Emmanuel is designing the dress). There is no need for speculation.

3) Let's be respectful to your fellow TRF posters.

Questions can be directed to the British moderators and/or TRF administrators via PM.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 12-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think what I am going to do is start counting up the hours of football he watches on the weekend and make notes.. then when April 29th comes, I'll just be claiming my "share".
Excellent idea - and I may do the same with mine - I'll never be able to catch up to him!

Old 12-06-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi
I think what I am going to do is start counting up the hours of football he watches on the weekend and make notes.. then when April 29th comes, I'll just be claiming my "share".
I'm in big trouble. I am a huge football fan and watch my fair share....ok, maybe more than my fair share. My husband doesn't watch any sports at all or Royal Weddings either. Thank goodness I live on the West Coast and will probably just have to stay up all night and he'll never know how long I spend on it. [Yes, I have already put that Friday on the vacation calendar at work.]
Old 12-07-2010, 01:06 AM
Commoner

Hey April 29th come here. See I can make it come
Well anything can happen during this period. As it appears HRH Prince William can wait till April 29th.

Prince Harry
Old 12-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Gentry

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Suddenly...the countdown to April 29th seem very far off. So let's have some ground rules:

1) Everyone needs to be respectful of each other. You can disagree without being rude and condescending to your fellow TRF posters. Such posts will be deleted without notice.

2) Let's cool down on the Diana comparisons. Unless there is announcement that so and so is in remembrance of Diana (ie. Elizabeth Emmanuel is designing the dress). There is no need for speculation.

3) Let's be respectful to your fellow TRF posters.

Questions can be directed to the British moderators and/or TRF administrators via PM.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator
Thank you, Zonk. The nastiness is getting really, really old.

I've already blocked the day on my calendar and put my husband on notice that he is responsible for getting the boys up and to school that morning. Mommy is taking the day off, and no boys will be allowed in my room! There is something to be said for being the undisputed Queen of my domain...
Old 12-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, Zonk, thank you .

Countries most interested in travel to William and Kate's wedding.

http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/ne...royal-wedding/

About the bank holiday.

Counting on the big day - People Management Magazine Online
Old 12-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Administrator

No need to thank me...let's keep it clean

Old 12-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh yes, there is. Things were very much getting out of hand and something needed to be said, so Thank You!!

Perhaps ignoring certain posters could also be practised. I just hit the mouse button anymore when it comes to the posts of certain members, as what's the point? I enjoy my time here and they don't get a reaction. Win Win AFAIC. :)

Okay...On topic...

I'm a huge skating fan and the Canadian Stars On Ice tour stop in Toronto is also known as *my* weekend away when I don't have anything medical wise on the agenda. However, the company that owns Stars have been pushing the Cdn tour further back in April each year, which had me slightly worried.

Not anymore. Now it's full out "*NOW" what do I do!?!" as Advanced Tickets went on sale as of yesterday.

Anyone want to take a shot in the dark guess at the date of this coming Spring's Tour Stop in Toronto?

Sigh...Guess I'm going to have to give my Mom an intense tutorial on how to work the DVR Machine, since I won't be home, but watching it all in a Hotel Room. Still don't quite believe that!!

I'm going to be one sleepy Skating Fan sitting in the Air Canada Centre later that night...
Old 12-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Oh yes, there is. Things were very much getting out of hand and something needed to be said, so Thank You!!

Perhaps ignoring certain posters could also be practised. I just hit the mouse button anymore when it comes to the posts of certain members, as what's the point? I enjoy my time here and they don't get a reaction. Win Win AFAIC. :)

Okay...On topic...

I'm a huge skating fan and the Canadian Stars On Ice tour stop in Toronto is also known as *my* weekend away when I don't have anything medical wise on the agenda. However, the company that owns Stars have been pushing the Cdn tour further back in April each year, which had me slightly worried.

Not anymore. Now it's full out "*NOW" what do I do!?!" as Advanced Tickets went on sale as of yesterday.

Anyone want to take a shot in the dark guess at the date of this coming Spring's Tour Stop in Toronto?

Sigh...Guess I'm going to have to give my Mom an intense tutorial on how to work the DVR Machine, since I won't be home, but watching it all in a Hotel Room. Still don't quite believe that!!

I'm going to be one sleepy Skating Fan sitting in the Air Canada Centre later that night...
Sorry to hear about the conflict. Watching in a hotel room isn't as nice as watching at home, but if you can get the DVR figured out with your mom, at least you will be able to watch it later at home! Besides, since you will also be seeing something else you love, it's going to be an exciting time for you! Now if they would only give details on what time the service will start, it will make it easier for those with conflicts...hopefully.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post

Not the point of this, I realize, but - advanced tickets? I know tickets go on sale on Friday, and my friend and I were determined to get ice-level seats this time. How does one get advanced tickets? Now I'm scared they won't be available by Friday!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:08 AM
Administrator

Usually if one belongs to a club or association, they have the option of purchase the tickets before they go on sale to the general public. For example, Prince (the pop star) has a fan club, those who are members of his fan clubs are able to buy tickets before they go on sale to the general public. I have a friend who has managed to do this with Prince tickets for years. They usually have the advantage of getting the best seats...its a Thank you for being a supporter.

Tiggersk8....the same day....doesn't that always happen. Well..you might be able to set the DVR before you leave....usually events are already in the DVR a week ahead. I would also schedule the event after the wedding as well in case it runs over.

I just realized I might have a couple of conflicts as well. Of course, nothing will be going on the week before.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Courtier

Where are they? When can we see them together at an official engagement?? I can't hardly wait. Please let them appear somewhere.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi View Post
Where are they? When can we see them together at an official engagement?? I can't hardly wait. Please let them appear somewhere.
Where are they = William was in London today, and Kate is probably with her parents or in Wales.
First official engagement = after they are married.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Where are they = William was in London today, and Kate is probably with her parents or in Wales.
First official engagement = after they are married.
No news on who she has chosen for a wedding dress designer as yet either? **tapping foot** She needs to get on it so we have something else to discuss here.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hear she sneezed today.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever......"
Old 12-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Considering the weather lately, who hasn't?

But seriously, it's been a bit quiet in the (reliable) news field. I suppose patience does the trick.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Serene Highness

No engagements together until after they're married?? I remember Diana and Sarah doing several before their marriage. Has something changed? Or is it because William is a junior royal?
Old 12-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Oh! Oh! Really? Darn I must have missed that bit of news....
Old 12-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Serene Highness

It's like that, now that my semester at college has finished and my workflow is slowing, there's not much to talk about. Then as soon as the 'real' news starts to pop, I'll be crazy w/ papers and frelancee jobs.

BTW, @ etonline.com there is a part of their interview, with some little bits not shown before, I believe.
here is the link: http://www.etonline.com/news/103684_...lit/index.html

If someone could help, I could not understand what Catherine and William said between 00:50-00:56.

:)
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
No news on who she has chosen for a wedding dress designer as yet either? **tapping foot** She needs to get on it so we have something else to discuss here.
I doubt we'll find that piece of information out until the day, or next year.