The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi View Post
I don't think at all that she has lots to do right now. At least she can't be that occupied with the wedding preparations. There are probably hundreds of people behind her doing the real work. She just needs to say yes or no. Maybe she doesn't even have to leave the house for the dress fittings as the people will come directly to her. So what really is she doing???? Don't misunderstand me, I like Kate, but I don't think that she is as hard working as she wants us to believe so.
thats exactly what I meant. What is she doing in a sustainable sense - apart of preparing her wedding which she is of course doing with exitement I guess. But kataryn said before maybe she wants to be seen for her work and not for her looks. Well in that case she has a lot to prove yet. Maybe or hopefully she will surprise us all.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Serene Highness

I get the impression that some people would like to take a look into her agenda to see if she works enough.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Courtier

maybe she's still living with her parents so its easier to plan the wedding from there? she can come and go to London more quickly? So did she have the 12 people hen do in CH? is that confirmed news?
Old 11-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Royal Highness

I believe the designers will come to her for dress fittings because no one wants a pic of her coming/going from fitting and any chance the dress will be seen. Designers go to celebs for fittings why not the future Queen...?

Also, someone up thread said they might have open carriage, Catherine is allergic to horses so my bet is they won't- she can be near them briefly on polo field but trys to keep away, so I doubt she'd want to take a chance on her wedding day.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well Diana went to her designers when the dress needed fitting. Travelling around to a London based residence is one thing, but travelling to Wales is another.

I will be very surprised if she doesn't arrive and leave via carriage. I'm sure there is something she can take to dampen her allergies.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Well Diana went to her designers when the dress needed fitting. Travelling around to a London based residence is one thing, but travelling to Wales is another.

I will be very surprised if she doesn't arrive and leave via carriage. I'm sure there is something she can take to dampen her allergies.

Maybe a covered carriage, but I'd doubt open-
Old 11-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
maybe she's still living with her parents so its easier to plan the wedding from there? she can come and go to London more quickly? So did she have the 12 people hen do in CH? is that confirmed news?
Kate was living with William before the engagement, no reason to go back to her mothers when a phone will be all she needs.

No one is going to confirm a story like that, even when a Hen or Stag do happens, which won't probably be until next April, we won't here of anything officially.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Maybe a covered carriage, but I'd doubt open-
If she arrives in the same carraige that Diana did, that's covered. If she exist in an open carriage then i'm sure she'll manage. She's been around horses at polo matches.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Royal Highness

IMO if the deisgners want ti bad enough they'll go anywhere, but she could always meet them at Clarence House or somewhere in London so...maybe they'll meet half way
Old 11-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Meeting half way would be impractical.
As we are likely to never know where the fittings take place, even though I think it will most likely be a studio in London.

Kate and William need a London residence asap IMO.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Royal Highness

Kate get's Daniel Radcliffe's approval
Oh No They Didn't! - Daniel Radcliffe Interview on the set of "The Woman In Black"
Old 11-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Fortunately it will be Friday night here and there are some good football games on that night - Swans are playing at the SCG for one thing. I know what I will be doing and it won't be watching a wedding on the other side of the world between the most boring couple I can remember for years. Maybe if they had married 5 years ago but now after they have been living together for years it is over the top. They should be having a quiet wedding not this as it isn't the start of anything but after they have been together for years - as Charles said 'they have been practising for long enough'. I also hope she doesn't have the gall to wear white.
I agree, Bertie. As I said many comments back, a registar's office is all they need. I find it an abuse of the Church.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Totally inappropriate...another red flag that this is more about Diana than Kate. Makes my skin crawl.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Guys...these are the British tabloids.

When did we start believing everything they write about the royals?

Since the engagement they have written articles about Kate's lookalike, the Queens desire for the two to kiss on teh balcony because its a semi state occassion (so ridiculous I cant imagine who thought that up), Elton John singing at the wedding, the Beckhams coming to the wedding, news about Kate in the 6th grade, information of Kate's family since the beginnig of time, etc. And it goes ON AND ON.

And that doesn't count the articles that are based on facts: they are engaged, she is wearing Diana's ring, the wedding is on April 29th and in Westminister Abbey.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I agree, Bertie. As I said many comments back, a registar's office is all they need. I find it an abuse of the Church.
If it were just two private people marrying after years of shacking up together I'd agree, but this wedding has wider consequences, legal and historical. It signifies the entering into a contact that will affect the succession to the British throne. One of the children born of their marriage will be the future monarch. As well as that, the event has huge historical significance. Forget their own personal circumstances; on their wedding day William and Kate will not just be a couple publically committing themselves to each other before family and friends, they will be a future king marrying his future queen, and that side of it demands all the pomp and ceremony. I do hope she wears ivory, though, not white.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by justina View Post
thats exactly what I meant. What is she doing in a sustainable sense - apart of preparing her wedding which she is of course doing with exitement I guess. But kataryn said before maybe she wants to be seen for her work and not for her looks. Well in that case she has a lot to prove yet. Maybe or hopefully she will surprise us all.
I don't see that she has anything to prove. She is William's choice to be his wife. Are you saying she is somehow worthy only if she works like a dog at some job while she is also involved in planning a huge royal wedding for only five months from now? I guess I just don't understand why there is this concern over whether she's "working hard enough".
Old 11-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, the "lottery" has now given the nuptials a slight air of the dog and pony show, IMHO. I have tried quite diligently to rub off the "common" of these two, but it just gets worse! I shall have to visit this site only once a week to maintain my sanity.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Well, the "lottery" has now given the nuptials a slight air of the dog and pony show, IMHO. I have tried quite diligently to rub off the "common" of these two, but it just gets worse! I shall have to visit this site only once a week to maintain my sanity.

Maybe you ought to quit believing everything you read. That might help. At this point if the Daily Mail or some other rag printed that Catherine was going to have Katie Price as a bridesmaid, you'd collapse from a fit of the vapors.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever......"
Old 11-29-2010, 07:56 PM
Nobility

I read the Daily Mail for amusement. It's fun to see some of the stories they pick up from the American media and "twist" just a bit to give them that tabloid edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
...Also, someone up thread said they might have open carriage, Catherine is allergic to horses so my bet is they won't- she can be near them briefly on polo field but trys to keep away, so I doubt she'd want to take a chance on her wedding day.
I might have been one of the people who mentioned it. The story goes that Kate told an Australian author at a polo match that she was allergic to horses. It's hearsay that wouldn't be allowed as evidence in a court of law, but I had speculated that the allergy plus the need for modern security might mean that the traditional carriages would be replaced by bulletproof limousines.

I personally would like to see the carriages. It is tradition and an image that is certainly iconic for Great Britain. Plus we know that there are some closed carriages which should help minimize Kate's exposure to allergens.

And Kate is going to encounter a lot of other occasions in her public life where she has to ride in an horse-drawn carriage: Trooping of the Color, Royal Ascot, State Opening of Parliament, etc. On those occasions, I believe that she may seek out a good antihistamine to manage the symptoms, but that is only my speculation.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Aristocracy

I briefly thought it would be nice to travel in the Golden Carriage (Like The Prince of Orange and Maxima). However, this fantastical thought quickly and rightly passed as this is the British sovereign's coach only. There are plenty of other nice landaus, berlins etc. People will want to look at the people and the carriage shouldnt upstage them.