The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-21-2010, 02:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

It is their wedding so it's only fair that they have some input. And it's good to know that William is no pushover. A trait that a future king will need to have.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Bit harsh, but I guess someone would say something eventually.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I think the Royals should be the ones to tell the courtiers what they want done, and that it is up to the courtiers to work out how to do it, not the other way around.
One should not forget that William has had Camilla. I doubt Charles would have ever allowed a courtier to try to cower her. Ever since she moved into Clarence House, William could see how she managed staff - for it could be read that she organized Charles' household and office in a way most comfortable for him and that staff has relied on her to arrange things in a way to please the boss. I have no doubt William, who as a child must have heard his mother complain about the "men in grey suits", has learned a lot from Camilla and will never allow a courtier to go against his wife's wishes - especially as he surely chose a wife as well who thinks his wishes and needs are very important.

Plus Catherine surely learned a lesson or two working for her parents - she as family was after all superior to the staff there and thus surely learned to handle employees in a friendly way (otherwise we would have read about it in the DM).
Old 11-21-2010, 05:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
Prince William: Even the Queen's left in the dark! Frustration as the Prince takes charge - and his grandmother 'hasn't a clue what's going on' | Mail Online

The decision by Prince William to oversee every last detail of his wedding has caused friction and complicated the preparations, sources claimed last night.

They said William has insisted his four-strong team of aides take charge – and has kept Buckingham Palace, which would normally play a key role, ‘largely in the dark’.
I think the reality here is that William has learnt to keep information down to a very small select group. This then prevents leaks to the media, that's annoyed it seems the people at the DM, without Buckingham Palace staff being involved in these early stages, their press sources are useless as they don't know anything! So instead write a nasty article about what a control freak William is!
Old 11-21-2010, 05:40 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Prince William to enforce 'zero tolerance' crack down on paparazzi - Telegraph

Prince William is embarking on a "zero tolerance" policy towards the paparazzi which will see him take immediate legal action if he feels his or Kate Middleton's privacy is breached in the run-up to their wedding.

Prince William's nanny says engagement is 'fan-flaming-tastic' - Telegraph

Prince William's former nanny has spoken of her joy at the engagement between the Prince and Kate Middleton, describing their union as "fan-flamingtastic".

Tiggy Pettifer, who was previously called Tiggy Legge-Bourke, said that she was "thrilled" and "chuffed" for the couple, and was confident they will enjoy "60 years of marital bliss".
Old 11-21-2010, 06:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Bishop Pete Broadbent is only a Suffragan Bishop within the Diocese of London which is run by Bishop Richard Chartres (the chap who ran the Remembrance Sunday ceremony at the Cenotaph).

The area of Willesden where Broadbent works is just one of four areas in London Diocese.

I wouldn't take his comments too seriously. Just like in "normal" life, Bishops, Archdeaconsand other clergy are forever seeking "preferment" (promotion), and talking to the press helps them to raise their profile.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:32 AM
Commoner

Can somone please explain the armchair theory? Also is anyone supprised she can speak? I never heard her talk at all till the engagement. I wondering who she is, I feel like if you are going to be married to the prince and future king, your subjects should at least know stuff about you. Like how you talk, what interests you and what do you plan on doing with your duties???. Felt like I knew Di more before she got married then Katie. Anyone else know what I mean???

I also think that article before had some truth to it. If you spent 8 years becoming who the royals want you to be, one day your going to wake up and realise you have no identity :(. If they divorce, its gonna spell doom for monarchy probably.

I hope this post is ok, don't want to get in trouble again

RIP
Old 11-21-2010, 08:01 AM
Aristocracy

I am simply delighted for William and his bride-to-be. I know Princess Diana is smiling upon them and will watch over her handsome son.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisXVI View Post
Can somone please explain the armchair theory? Also is anyone supprised she can speak? I never heard her talk at all till the engagement. I wondering who she is, I feel like if you are going to be married to the prince and future king, your subjects should at least know stuff about you. Like how you talk, what interests you and what do you plan on doing with your duties???. Felt like I knew Di more before she got married then Katie. Anyone else know what I mean???I also think that article before had some truth to it. If you spent 8 years becoming who the royals want you to be, one day your going to wake up and realise you have no identity :(. If they divorce, its gonna spell doom

for monarchy probably.

I hope this post is ok, don't want to get in trouble again
Allow me to remind you. No one heard Diana speak prior to their engagement announcement either. You could not have known more about Diana prior to her engagement since they only breifly dated prior to the announcement and Prince Charles barely knew Diana himself. You are re-writing history here.

Everyone will get to know Kate in time, just as we got to know Diana over time.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Allow me to remind you. No one heard Diana speak prior to their engagement announcement either. You could not have known more about Diana prior to her engagement since they only breifly dated prior to the announcement and Prince Charles barely knew Diana himself. You are re-writing history here.

I agree! Anyway by the way the Daily Mail and the other British tabloids are working (chunking out 2 to 3 Kate stories a day!) by the time the wedding is here....we might know more about Kate than we ever wanted to know!

Old 11-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I agree! Anyway by the way the Daily Mail and the other British tabloids are working (chunking out 2 to 3 Kate stories a day!) by the time the wedding is here....we might know more about Kate than we ever wanted to know!
Exactly! Although I think the all important question here is what hair products she uses.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Exactly! Although I think the all important question here is what hair products she uses.
Or doesn't use.

Those ends those ends...and I say the same thing for all woman who have long hair (as do I).

Though I must admit it did look a little better on the actual engagement day. I just wish she would trim the ends and do something different. It will be very interesting to see what style (and patronages) Kate takes on after marriage.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
In my opinion, we will know Catherine Middleton's public life, but never much of the private. Princess Diana let us in with the Morton book and being friends with reporters. I don't think Ms Middleton will do that if she wants her relationship with Prince William to work.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I never heard her talk at all till the engagement. I wondering who she is, I feel like if you are going to be married to the prince and future king, your subjects should at least know stuff about you. Like how you talk, what interests you and what do you plan on doing with your duties???. Felt like I knew Di more before she got married then Katie. Anyone else know what I mean???
Why would you have heard her speak before the engagement, she had no reason to speak to the press.
When Diana got married what did we know about her? All I knew was that she was the daughter of an Earl, worked at some nursery and her older sister had dated Prince Charles as well. I never knew what her interests were, I could guess them from the patronages Diana took on.

What do you mean by "what do you plan on doing with your duties"? What else is she going to do other than perform them?

Quote:
I also think that article before had some truth to it. If you spent 8 years becoming who the royals want you to be, one day your going to wake up and realise you have no identity :(. If they divorce, its gonna spell doom for monarchy probably.
Are you assuming then, that the Kate we saw last wednesday was a Kate that has been created and moulded by the BRF for 8 years? And not what Kate is actually like?

Why would it spell doom for the monarchy?
Old 11-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Why would you have heard her speak before the engagement, she had no reason to speak to the press.
When Diana got married what did we know about her? All I knew was that she was the daughter of an Earl, worked at some nursery and her older sister had dated Prince Charles as well. I never knew what her interests were, I could guess them from the patronages Diana took on.

What do you mean by "what do you plan on doing with your duties"? What else is she going to do other than perform them?

Are you assuming then, that the Kate we saw last wednesday was a Kate that has been created and moulded by the BRF for 8 years? And not what Kate is actually like?

Why would it spell doom for the monarchy?
You are so saying what I wanted to say myself as well, although I couldn't find the right words for it.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Or doesn't use.

Those ends those ends...and I say the same thing for all woman who have long hair (as do I).

Though I must admit it did look a little better on the actual engagement day. I just wish she would trim the ends and do something different. It will be very interesting to see what style (and patronages) Kate takes on after marriage.
I have long hair too and don't get trims as often as I should. I am sure she will get a full makeover prior to the wedding. :)

Oh goody! I just noticed that I am no longer a commoner! Gentry huh.....perhaps by the wedding I will have a royal title!
Old 11-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Aristocracy

For those who are having a difficult time catching up with the flurry of news, I try to make a collection of articles on my blog...
British Royals
Old 11-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyals View Post
For those who are having a difficult time catching up with the flurry of news, I try to make a collection of articles on my blog...
British Royals
Thank you for the link! It's very helpful to have the latest news on one site.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince William Kate Middleton engagement: Masai maid Margret Lekartgi kept it secret | Mail Online