The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
To me, that is not healthy for a woman
It would be unhealthy for anyone, man or woman, to base their life solely around their partners very existance.

I don't think it has anything to do with women's lib, as it's an issue that can effect both genders

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-19-2010, 11:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

William has been with her for nearly a decade. Maybe he was basing HIS life around her, rather than the other way around. Or maybe, just maybe.......they both see in the other person what is lacking in themselves. When you meet your soul mate, that happens. They are the yin to your yang. Unless Kate spent every waking day she's been with him doing nothing but talking about him, musing about weddings and future children, what her coronation dress will look like, which of the Queen's jewels will look nice with her hair and "oh by the way, how handsome is my Prince?"......it's unfair to say she's based her life solely around him. If she did, she'd have no friends, no relationship with her family and would have zero outside interests other than what he's interested in.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 11-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
You misread what I meant. I thought Kate had given up her sense of self by having her life surround William. To me, that is not healthy for a woman.
I understood what you meant, I just don't agree it. What she does or doesn't do has no affect on you or me as women. She has had to adapt her life to a certain extent due is her unique situation. Any woman involved with Prince Wiliam would have to do that if they wanted the relationship to work. She is marrying into the Royal Family, which in itself doesn't allow for a lot of independence or self interest.

My impression of Kate is that she and William have a pretty equal relationship with a lot of respect between them.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:34 AM
Heir Apparent

So I dunno if this falls in Diana's forum or in here but mods feel free to move if needed.

Diana's greatest legacy: A son who'll be a better husband than cold Charles | Mail Online
Old 11-20-2010, 01:56 AM
Courtier

^the daily mail quotes some weird stuff. that "whoever lives here must be rich" remark came from harry, not william, and i read this in another article by the daily mail a while back.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:32 AM

Well, the fact that it was written by Richard Kay, that explains a lot. It explains so very much.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:10 AM
Heir Apparent

No clue where these 2 go but their already determining life after the wedding..interesting though IMO

Royal Wedding: Will the princess get her wish? - Telegraph

THE MINDER II - mirror.co.uk

Idk bout these reports but I must admit I am scared for life after the wedding I hope Kate adjusts well and I hope they can both pull it off seeing as I can't bare another divorce plus I've put so much faith in these two I don't want my hopes crushed again. And I know there are alot of people are rooting for them I just hope history doesn't repeat itself.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:25 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
So I dunno if this falls in Diana's forum or in here but mods feel free to move if needed.

Diana's greatest legacy: A son who'll be a better husband than cold Charles | Mail Online

And now for something completely different....

I read this article and by the time I was done, I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. I could also see William and Kate together reading this too and totally cracking up laughing.

A dress from Primark and Charles chatting to the bride's bouquet. In typically hilarious style, the queen of romance imagines Kate's big day | Mail Online
Old 11-20-2010, 03:41 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Royal wedding: Prince William and Kate Middleton want 'people's ceremony' - Telegraph

Prince William and Kate Middleton want their wedding to be a “people’s ceremony” with as many ordinary members of the public invited as possible.

One of the key considerations in the choice of venue was the scope for throwing open the service to members of the public, rather than restricting the ceremony to “official” guests.

-------------

Note that neither Westminster Abbey nor St. Paul's Cathedral seat anything close to 8,000 people without major construction work (when seating was added for the coronation, it took 5 months of construction). I think it's safe to take that number with a big grain of salt.

Edit: The fanciful number doesn't show up directly on the article, but on the Telegraph's royal wedding page, it's trumpeted as "Up to 8,000 may attend the People's Wedding."
Old 11-20-2010, 03:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
And now for something completely different....

I read this article and by the time I was done, I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. I could also see William and Kate together reading this too and totally cracking up laughing.

A dress from Primark and Charles chatting to the bride's bouquet. In typically hilarious style, the queen of romance imagines Kate's big day | Mail Online
That was pretty amusing. Thanks for the link!
Old 11-20-2010, 04:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I LOVED that one saw it earlier in the day^
Old 11-20-2010, 08:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
That was pretty amusing. Thanks for the link!
OMG, that cartoon of Prince Charles talking to her bouquet is hilarious!
Old 11-20-2010, 11:15 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince William, Kate Middleton Royal wedding: Keep costs down say public | Mail Online
Old 11-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post

I read the article, and no matter how inaccurate, it does make me realize how special Diana was to William and how much of his values are from her (not to say he has none from his father, of course.)

It also makes me realize why he gave Catherine his mother's engagement ring. He wants that strength and those values to be carried on.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Nobility

If you marry a man with a particular job, or his own business, you will often have to tailor your life to his. I married a man in the military - this entailed me having to fit in with certain things. I knew this when I married him. This did not mean that I had no personality, or that I lost what I had. It was just a fact of life!

It can also work the other way round, if a woman has a job or a family business that requires the husband to take it into account when arranging his life. As far as the Royal Families are concerned, this happen with the husbands of all the Queens, and also for the new Prince Daniel in Sweden. That is also a fact of life.

If you are so wedded to your own way that you cannot adapt to your spouse, then perhaps you are better to remain single! Well - that's my view, anyway! :-)
Old 11-20-2010, 05:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
The criticisms of Kate/Catherine continue...thought I have to admit, I still wonder if she will have a separate identity now from William's.

Kate Middleton Has No Identity Of Her Own Not Down To Earth Royal Prince William Marriage Engagement Princess Children Wedding
That article on Kate Middleton sums up my thoughts exactly. Thankyou Sonjapearl for the link.

Yet, at the end of the day, I hope their marriage will be successful for them personally and for the future of the British Monarchy. I think that the BRF have taken about all the hits they can withstand over the last 30 years and still continue.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton: The making of a very middle class Princess (PART 1) | Mail Online

includes beautiful photos of the couple from October 2004 at a gala

Another one:

Masai maid who kept secret of William and Kate's engagement | Mail Online
Old 11-21-2010, 12:35 AM
Heir Apparent

^ The articles just keep coming.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I know it's kinda ridiculous I thought it may calm down a bit but I feel as though it's getting worse
Old 11-21-2010, 01:02 AM

They both looked pretty damn good in 2004, especially Kate. She looked great back then. I mean, she's still attractive and looks good with her blown out glossy hair and everything, but I still like her OLD look better.

About William "breaking with protocol" and stuff (in that DM piece several posts up) I can only assume they are exaggerating (big surprise, right?) But let's face it. We all have known for a long time that William is no pushover. He tends to know what he wants. I believe that he will not let flunkies made any crucial decisions for him and Kate. I also remember reading that Charles was the same way about his wedding, taking a strong hand in every detail, in particular the music.