Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdkKx4faYbM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpYw2P01DII&feature=related

I am sure Charlene W will present a really glamorous figure at William's wedding. Prince Albert has found a real treasure. She will I am sure add a touch of Princess Grace glamour to the country once she marries the Prince.

Kate needs to make the most of the next 10 years. Once she hits 40 people won't care any more.

One of the press woman at the engagement interview said she was wearing so much heavy make-up it was hard to see the real face behind the person. Kate obviously felt she had to wear tons of make-up to look young but I think it made her look even older.
I don't think Kate looks older than she is.Well,the years passed and she is not that sort of "woman-teenager".Anyway she has a lot of "girlish " in her looks.

Once Kate is 40, she's essentially "washed up"? What ridiculous tabloid rag did you find that nugget of wisdom?

. . . . . . . . Kate needs to make the most of the next 10 years. Once she hits 40 people won't care any more.

One of the press woman at the engagement interview said she was wearing so much heavy make-up it was hard to see the real face behind the person.
At 40 a woman is just coming into her own. :D

As to the "press woman" who remarked on her make-up, who was she? Where or who is the source of such cattiness? "I heard that someone said", just doesn't cut it! :whistling:

Kate needs to make the most of the next 10 years. Once she hits 40 people won't care any more.

Dont worry the make up will do its job.And Im sure she is gonna be beautiful when she turns 40.If Kate heard about what you said you will find her shoes thrown on you :ROFLMAO:

I believe she would prefer it already now that people care more for what she does and less for how she looks.

justina, do you mean at the moment?
Living in Wales with William I guess.

justina, do you mean at the moment?
Living in Wales with William I guess.

I believe she would prefer it already now that people care more for what she does and less for how she looks.

I was thinking about the sentence Kataryn wrote - that people should care for what she does - so what is she doing?

I expect she is preparing for the wedding, and, since William is holding down a job, Catherine will have to attend to lots of preparation, and to try to sidestep the courtiers who probably have quite different plans for the wedding.

I was thinking about the sentence Kataryn wrote - that people should care for what she does - so what is she doing?

Planning a wedding with a view to send invitations to "deserving" people, caring for her bodyguards... she seems to be well-occupied at the moment, even though the public does not "see" her doing anything. But does that mean she is "lazy" now?

In her engagement interview she said she worked hard for her parents - why should I not believe her? And I always admired people who could create dreams for others. That's what Party Pieces does. They buy ordinary things like paper etc. and create material out of it, so their customers can use it for having fun and enjoy parties with friends.

In the future she will help her husband and his family in giving their country the feeling that there is somebody who cares for the people...which has again a bit of creating dreams for others.

And I feel we'll see a bit of her now in the pre-christmas time when it comes to the charity her parents support.

My guess is that right now Kate is up to her eyeballs in wedding plans, dress fitting, guest planning and all those wee little things that have to be done for a grand wedding in 5 months. I'm sure William is helping with the details all that he can when not on duty and they both want their fists in all aspects of the pie for this event it seems.

they both want their fists in all aspects of the pie for this event it seems.

It is their wedding, after all. It seems reasonable that they want full involvement in it.

It is their wedding, after all. It seems reasonable that they want full involvement in it.

I, for one, am really enjoying hearing the reports on how they're both taking charge and insisting on certain things.

As for when we'll see Kate next, my guess is that they'll both be at Centrepoint this year. I can very well imagine that Kate would be the type of person that would sleep out in the cold with William and rustle up breakfast by his side although I don't expect either of them to do that this year. The point is that I don't see Kate as a Dresden china princess at all.

I don't think at all that she has lots to do right now. At least she can't be that occupied with the wedding preparations. There are probably hundreds of people behind her doing the real work. She just needs to say yes or no. Maybe she doesn't even have to leave the house for the dress fittings as the people will come directly to her. So what really is she doing???? Don't misunderstand me, I like Kate, but I don't think that she is as hard working as she wants us to believe so.

Naggi, a dress of this kind is going to have to be fitted in the designer's studio. The designer and his/her assistants aren't going to schlep the muslins, the fabric, and everything else off to Bucklebury or Wales every time a fitting needs to be done, not least because they'll be anxious to keep any and all information about it from the press and because they'll be anxious to avoid damage to it. Diana Spencer went to the designers; they didn't go to her.

Ms. Middleton will be in the process of starting to work with her new secretary on the subject of public appearances and charitable patronages She will probably begin making appearances soon -- Prince William's mother did so, before her marriage -- and you may be sure that she's getting a lot of invitations. These have to be sorted out and prepared for; she has to make decisions about what charities she can be involved with given her intended residence in Wales. She may also be getting protocol lessons and media training.

vittoria, I don't doubt that she has do to some sort of work, and sometimes she must surely go to the dress fittings but not always and every day. I just doubt that it is nothing comparable to a nine-to-five-job that she is now doing. I am sure she receives lots of invitations of all sorts and she needs to make some decisions regarding charities and whatsoever but will all this keep her that much occuppied all day long ???

I think that some people underestimate Catherine - just where does the thought come from that she doesn't work hard or can't have that much of a busy life?
Because she is not seen at work, not seen doing anything? That is what I would like to know.

On the other hand, it doesn't really matter. We will get to know her in due time and that is what counts.

Last edited:

And I answered your question, living in wales.

I'd say organizing a wedding that big would mean lots of work, no matter how many courtiers are around, especially if the couple want to have a definite say in what happens (and they seem to).

Also, I think they said she would keep working in her parent's company for some time. I'd say it would be impossible for her to be idle right now.

She signs her name "Catherine Middleton". So she really does prefer Catherine to Kate. But even William calls her Kate, because he did so continually in the ITV interview!

I know many people who will use a nickname in casual conversation but in writing still use their formal name. Many "Deborah"s of my generation are called "Debbie" but that doesn't mean they will sign documents as "Debbie". I once received a document that someone had filled out my name as Debbie and I didn't take to that kindly at all. I have never used a nickname and as family members will tell you I am always the first to correct people by stating "Debra, never Debbie". She may be "Kate" to intimates but in documents or other references prefers "Catherine".

I don't think at all that she has lots to do right now. At least she can't be that occupied with the wedding preparations. There are probably hundreds of people behind her doing the real work. She just needs to say yes or no. Maybe she doesn't even have to leave the house for the dress fittings as the people will come directly to her. So what really is she doing???? Don't misunderstand me, I like Kate, but I don't think that she is as hard working as she wants us to believe so.

thats exactly what I meant. What is she doing in a sustainable sense - apart of preparing her wedding which she is of course doing with exitement I guess. But kataryn said before maybe she wants to be seen for her work and not for her looks. Well in that case she has a lot to prove yet. Maybe or hopefully she will surprise us all.

I get the impression that some people would like to take a look into her agenda to see if she works enough.

maybe she's still living with her parents so its easier to plan the wedding from there? she can come and go to London more quickly? So did she have the 12 people hen do in CH? is that confirmed news?

I believe the designers will come to her for dress fittings because no one wants a pic of her coming/going from fitting and any chance the dress will be seen. Designers go to celebs for fittings why not the future Queen...?

Also, someone up thread said they might have open carriage, Catherine is allergic to horses so my bet is they won't- she can be near them briefly on polo field but trys to keep away, so I doubt she'd want to take a chance on her wedding day.

Well Diana went to her designers when the dress needed fitting. Travelling around to a London based residence is one thing, but travelling to Wales is another.

I will be very surprised if she doesn't arrive and leave via carriage. I'm sure there is something she can take to dampen her allergies.

Well Diana went to her designers when the dress needed fitting. Travelling around to a London based residence is one thing, but travelling to Wales is another.

I will be very surprised if she doesn't arrive and leave via carriage. I'm sure there is something she can take to dampen her allergies.

Maybe a covered carriage, but I'd doubt open-

maybe she's still living with her parents so its easier to plan the wedding from there? she can come and go to London more quickly? So did she have the 12 people hen do in CH? is that confirmed news?

Kate was living with William before the engagement, no reason to go back to her mothers when a phone will be all she needs.

No one is going to confirm a story like that, even when a Hen or Stag do happens, which won't probably be until next April, we won't here of anything officially.

Maybe a covered carriage, but I'd doubt open-

If she arrives in the same carraige that Diana did, that's covered. If she exist in an open carriage then i'm sure she'll manage. She's been around horses at polo matches.

IMO if the deisgners want ti bad enough they'll go anywhere, but she could always meet them at Clarence House or somewhere in London so...maybe they'll meet half way

Meeting half way would be impractical.
As we are likely to never know where the fittings take place, even though I think it will most likely be a studio in London.

Kate and William need a London residence asap IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom