The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-18-2010, 04:32 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the explaination and the link!

Old 11-18-2010, 04:40 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Odd, I would have thought he would have asked for Kates hand before he proposed.
Maybe he did but that's something we're not going to be privvy to. Seems he kind of figured it out that if he asked Mike first, he might say no so he played it safe and asked Kate first and then Mike as there he would be less inclined to not give his permission on a done deal. Hehe.. that is as cute as the ducks statement "We're like ducks.. calm but the little feet are really going" or something along those lines. These little tidbits did give us a glimpse into the two of them without revealing a whole lot of information that they wish to keep private to themselves.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
The Timeline goes something like this from the interviews William's done...
Sounds about right to me.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:28 AM
Courtier

Will & Kate: A Royal Wedding | Mirror Collection - Royal Wedding 2011 magazine out now
Old 11-18-2010, 06:42 AM
Courtier

I would love to be an insider as to what is going on in Kate's mind now that the engagement is announced and she and William are sitting in rooms discussing whether the wedding will be held at Westminster Abby, St. Paul's Cathedral or the Chapel Royal. What Heads of State, Royalty and famous people she has never met will be invited, etc... It has got to be a surreal experience for a girl that had an ordinary upbringing.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
I would love to be an insider as to what is going on in Kate's mind now that the engagement is announced and she and William are sitting in rooms discussing whether the wedding will be held at Westminster Abby, St. Paul's Cathedral or the Chapel Royal. What Heads of State, Royalty and famous people she has never met will be invited, etc... It has got to be a surreal experience for a girl that had an ordinary upbringing.
They are not "sitting in rooms discussing whether the wedding will be held at Westminster Abby, St. Paul's Cathedral or the Chapel Royal. What Heads of State, Royalty and famous people she has never met will be invited, etc..." as William has already returned to Wales to carry on his militiary duties. Kate is still in London and working with the officials in London and working through the details.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:02 AM
Courtier

I refused to watch it as never being a fan of Diana I would regard it as a hypocrite to watch that service - which brings me to the next point - will the Diana fanatics stop Camilla attending William's wedding?)[/QUOTE]

How could they stop Camilla from attending Prince William's wedding? She is after all his step-mother and they seem to really like her. I think Camilla is secure in her relationship with the boys, and isn't looking to overstep any boundaries either personally or publicly. She IS part of the Royal family and as such will be expected to attend.

What will be interesting to see is how the Spencers behave in regards to Camilla for this event. I would imagine it will be extremely awkward for both parties, and it will be interesting to see if they can put aside their animosity towards Prince Charles and Camilla in the interest of William. Enough time has gone by that everyone should have moved on and accepted it, but we will see...
Old 11-18-2010, 07:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
I refused to watch it as never being a fan of Diana I would regard it as a hypocrite to watch that service - which brings me to the next point - will the Diana fanatics stop Camilla attending William's wedding?)
How could they stop Camilla from attending Prince William's wedding? She is after all his step-mother and they seem to really like her. I think Camilla is secure in her relationship with the boys, and isn't looking to overstep any boundaries either personally or publicly. She IS part of the Royal family and as such will be expected to attend.

What will be interesting to see is how the Spencers behave in regards to Camilla for this event. I would imagine it will be extremely awkward for both parties, and it will be interesting to see if they can put aside their animosity towards Prince Charles and Camilla in the interest of William. Enough time has gone by that everyone should have moved on and accepted it, but we will see...[/QUOTE]

Before the memorial service to Diana people said the same thing - how could Diana fanatics stop her attending but they did didn't they?

There are some people who simply believe that Camilla shouldn't do anything with regard to the princes that would have been done by Diana - such as attend their weddings as the wife of their father.

Many people haven't moved on and never will - to many Diana is still the saint and Camilla the sinner.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Majesty

Before the memorial service to Diana people said the same thing - how could Diana fanatics stop her attending but they did didn't they?

There are some people who simply believe that Camilla shouldn't do anything with regard to the princes that would have been done by Diana - such as attend their weddings as the wife of their father.

Many people haven't moved on and never will - to many Diana is still the saint and Camilla the sinner.[/QUOTE]

I accept that a lot of people have not moved on, and still appear to be stuck in a pre-1997 era, but the reason Camilla had to pull out of the 2007 service for Diana was the actual subject matter of the service itsself, ie Diana. Given the history, I too agree that it would have probably not havebeen appropriate for Camilla to be present there. This will be a different story. Camilla is the step-mother and has every right (and duty) to attend. CAmilla's children will be present as well.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

I disagree - if William and Harry, as is reported, did invite her to the memorial service, then who else has a right to make life such that she couldn't attend.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:34 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the reply Zonk!

If you look at this link, there's a bunch of photos and in two of them you can see the portrait they are standing under very clearly.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

I think it's William IV ?
But would love to know for sure.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:35 AM
Administrator

There are definitely some people who can't move on.

I dont think Camilla should have attended the memorial service as it was a tribute to Diana and I think that speaks for itself.

That being said. Camilla is William's stepmother, they seem to have a good relationship, and he gets on with her family. I would definitely expect to see Tom, Laura and their families.

I would also expect to put her sister and brother (Camilla's) on the B List. Those who are asked after the A List people say yes or no. I would expect that William has a fairly large family (both mother and father side) as well as the government official, foreign guests, friends of the bride and groom, etc. But Camilla will definitely be there. I will irk some who will see her sitting in Diana's seat. But I think that is normal for those who lose anyone.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post

Many people haven't moved on and never will - to many Diana is still the saint and Camilla the sinner.
Yes, but a memorial service for Diana is entirely different from a wedding for Prince William, don't you agree? I think it was proper for Camilla not to attend the memorial service. However, this is the celebration of the living and as William's step-mother, public opinion of the Diana supporters won't be of any consequence since this is William's day....not Diana's.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:36 AM
Administrator

I think that is George IV....William IV always seemed to have a profile shot or his hair to one side. Unless of course its when of those wicked uncles!

ETA: Actually the last picture is a closer pic...and you are right...it is William IV...look at the slope of the head.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:37 AM
Courtier

i must say- i observed kate was more quiet and 'mature', in my eyes, than William. She looked more serious, was thinking visibly about the answers she was giving, and even though i have never been a fan and never will be, i was still a little touched by her swallowing nervously and licking her lips in between questions:)...she's mature enough to know what she's taking on and how difficult it will be. She doesn't seem to be jumping around gleefully thinking i've bagged a prince'...she was subdued, and serene, no silly giggling on her part.
i have a question though: were they given the questions before hand?
also, i did notice at one point William interrupted when the interviewer when he kept saying "its been a long time waiting" or something along those lines, and it irritated William a little:)
Old 11-18-2010, 07:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She doesn't seem to be jumping around gleefully thinking i've bagged a prince'...she was subdued, and serene, no silly giggling on her part.
Well what did you expect? That she should have acted like a child? She's a grown woman. Of course she's not going to giggle or act like a love struck fool.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-18-2010, 07:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
i have a question though: were they given the questions before hand?
I asked myself the same question, but in the end it doesnt matter since it has been clear for years what questions would be asked (why so long etc etc).

I said before that I found Kate stumbling at bit natural but she was increadibly bad prepared for the one question that was bound to come, about Diana. Apart from that she would have loved to meet her and that she is a person to look up to the stumbling around and searching for words was borderline embarrassing.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I asked myself the same question, but in the end it doesnt matter since it has been clear for years what questions would be asked (why so long etc etc).

I said before that I found Kate stumbling at bit natural but she was increadibly bad prepared for the one question that was bound to come, about Diana. Apart from that she would have loved to meet her and that she is a person to look up to the stumbling around and searching for words was borderline embarrassing.
Catherine will get better at dealing with the media and speaking extempore with time, just as Camilla has now.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

Considering that this was obviously not a rehearsed interview, and it was the FIRST interview she has given, I thought she did incredibly well. However, it wouldn't have mattered how she answered any of the questions, since you seem to find fault with everything she does anyway.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I wish there was a 'like' button just as there is on Facebook. Or a 'dislike' one for that matter.

I agree with you muriel. It all takes time. Let the woman find her feet and familiarise herself with speaking on such a public platform.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent