Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny to read thank you... sorry to repeat you Nathalie Cox ! I share your opinion

The senior overseas realm? And how have they come to that conclusion I wonder...

I'm assuming they meant that it was the first one to achieve dominion status (which happened in 1867).

Interesting that a lot of people have been quiet about their acquaintance with William and Catherine but start talking now - and all in a positive way. Seems that the couple is able to raise loyality in their social environment. Good for them. :flowers:

Now that loyalty will be tested as money rares its ugly head to get the 'dirt' on the couple.

Wedding day air display when Prince William marries Kate Middleton | The Sun |News

Prince William's RAF pals want to stage a special fly-past when he marries Kate Middleton.

And the Search and Rescue crews also plan to hover a Sea King chopper over the venue, expected to be Westminster Abbey, and take photos as the couple leave.

Here in Germany, only SAR helicopters are allowed to fly over all areas, even in the big cities, where certain areas are restricted when it comes to aircraft flyover. I wonder if this is that same in London, so an SAR-helicopter could do in case of emergency but in this case it definately isn't one... Is this story true?

Now that loyalty will be tested as money rares its ugly head to get the 'dirt' on the couple.

I think the money has been out before - the media was desperate for some new stories about Kate, especially ugly ones. Somehow I think quite some of the (postive) stories were bought ages ago but not printed because at that time, when Catherine (must really get used to that name, now...) was still " Katie" there was not much sense in praising her. But now it's different, now that she is the Royal bride and princess-to-be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now the stories are getting ridiculous.

Why would Kate celebrate her enagement with a party at Clarence House? I would be believe that she and William might do so but just Kate? At Charles home?

Allow me to remind you. No one heard Diana speak prior to their engagement announcement either. You could not have known more about Diana prior to her engagement since they only breifly dated prior to the announcement and Prince Charles barely knew Diana himself. You are re-writing history here.

Everyone will get to know Kate in time, just as we got to know Diana over time.

I was 2 weeks old when diana got married. What I meant was we know that she loved children, cause she worked with them. We knew she was shy and stuff. I don't expect anyone to agree with my opinions, but with Di we knew more then Kate. I'm going on facts they tell us after she got married, as to what she did before she got married. Kate stories haven't made it around here that much that I can recall. I had to look on the net to find out she went to uni and stuff about her mum. I'm sorry if my posts offend you guys including the administrator, its hard to NOT come accross abrupt when you have aspergers.

I wanted to know if she will be helping with aid and causes or is she going to keep doing her fashion stuff. Merely wondering who this person is that has been hidden for 8 years. I thought she would be like Mary for some reason.

Last edited:
Merely wondering who this person is that has been hidden for 8 years.
I have never been especially charmed by Catherine (that is, until the engagement), nor was I particularly fond of the British Royal Family (this only to say I've never looked for info, or anything), but I knew who she was, that they met at the university, that they broke up at some point, etc etc... I saw pictures of her in national Italian daily newspapers (not gossipy-ones)... I even knew she had problems with the press harassing her. I mean, how can you say she has been hidden for 8 years?

:previous: ITA; if anything, Kate/Catherine has not been hidden for the past 8 years.
Had she really been hidden, then people would have said "William engaged? We didn't even know he had a girlfriend!" when the engagement was announced.
Most of us were like "at last" instead of "where did that come from?".

I hope that when they do announce the date it is not too long a wait. I am starting to get information overload from the constant new articles - especially from the Daily Mail.

I was 2 weeks old when diana got married. What I meant was we know that she loved children, cause she worked with them. We knew she was shy and stuff. I don't expect anyone to agree with my opinions, but with Di we knew more then Kate. I'm going on facts they tell us after she got married, as to what she did before she got married. Kate stories haven't made it around here that much that I can recall. I had to look on the net to find out she went to uni and stuff about her mum. I'm sorry if my posts offend you guys including the administrator, its hard to NOT come accross abrupt when you have aspergers.

I wanted to know if she will be helping with aid and causes or is she going to keep doing her fashion stuff. Merely wondering who this person is that has been hidden for 8 years. I thought she would be like Mary for some reason.

Diana was only a year older than me, so I remember the events of when she came on the scene as Prince Charles girlfriend/fiance very well. We know FAR more about Kate than we did when Diana became engaged to Prince Charles. Diana and Prince Charles dated about 6 months prior to the engagement. Kate has been with Prince William for 8 years. She hasn't been hidden, she has just kept herself away from the media as much as was humanly possible except when she steps out with Prince William.

As to what causes she will support, we have no idea. We had no idea what causes Diana would support either when she became engaged. As a with other new Royal brides, it is expected that she will shadow her husband on his public and charitable engagements to learn the ropes at first, and then gradually take on engagements and charities of her own.

We can just as easily say that Kate loves photography, art, fashion, travelling etc.
You say the facts that told us AFTER Diana got married. Well surely we will find out more about Kate AFTER she is married as well?
Your post hasn't offended anyone, and your opinion is probably expressed by many people world wide.
A lot of people have begun to make comparissons to CP Mary.

:previous: Much to do with her physical poise and appearance really.

Both burnette, long hair, slender athletic yet feminine bodies, etc and so forth ;)

Aww Mary is my favourite! she has so much personality and hers and Fred's marriage is a match made in heaven...what a fairytale couple!

:previous: Much to do with her physical poise and appearance really.

Both burnette, long hair, slender athletic yet feminine bodies, etc and so forth ;)
Oh, right! I thought that there were other factors apart from physical apparel. Thanks for answering. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom