The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Gentry

Wow. What a strange interview. They both didn't look very happy--especially Kate. She barely smiled or talked. It looked like they were doing a special about helping children with aids...

when William was talking about how great Kate's family was and then said he 'hoped she felt the same' about his family, she didn't say anything haha. Awkward.

Kate's deep V-neck alarms me. Not very tasteful. But I have to remember that's just her signature (one and only) style of top.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Commoner

Of course its strange...she was nervous and no one can blame her for that :)
They look great together

Old 11-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Courtier

I didn't think William was going to be able to get the smile off his face!

Young love is the most fun to watch, isn't it?
Old 11-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Gentry

Well, I understand that they got engaged in Kenya earlier but because of the Remembrance Sunday which was 2 days ago they delayed the announcement until today.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaristocratx View Post
Wow. What a strange interview. They both didn't look very happy--especially Kate. She barely smiled or talked. It looked like they were doing a special about helping children with aids...

when William was talking about how great Kate's family was and then said he 'hoped she felt the same' about his family, she didn't say anything haha. Awkward.

Kate's deep V-neck alarms me. Not very tasteful. But I have to remember that's just her signature (one and only) style of top.
Why is it not tasteful? You sound a bit mormon-ish.

Kate looks lovely. The color looks very becoming on her and goes to show what a little bit of volume can do to someone's hair.
Though the interview is a bit awkward, but that's due to nerves. Understandable.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Courtier

This engagement is wonderful news. I'm so happy for the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, who must be very glad about the couple's prospects after the pain of two failed daughters-in-law, even though all of that is pretty far in the past now.

Prince William and Kate Middleton are so comfortable together and at ease with each other. There's no awkwardness between them and their mutual affection is evident. This is a pair who know one other very well and who have been in love for a long time. They can look forward with confidence, I think, to a successful supportive companionate marriage.

I fell a tiny bit of disappointment with the engagement ring, for she'll be saddled all her life with Diana's name being brought up at every turn anyway. However, his reasons for re-using it are understandable and to his credit.

Miss Middleton's looks are lovely, and very natural. I hope she continues that, even though the media will probably try to turn her into a fashion-rack.

Prince William is doing himself a great favor by selecting a mature, educated, poised young woman for his wife. Now both he and his father will have the comfort of partners who love and understand and support them. What could be better?
Old 11-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Courtier

Thank you for those that posted the full interview! I just came home for lunch and have been enjoying it. I am very impressed with Catherine's poise and calmness with this onslaught of attention. I am also very touched and surprised about William giving Catherine his mother's ring, and the sentiments behind it. They look happy and natural together and I think Catherine is going to be a wonderful asset to William and the UK as a member of the Royal Family and future Queen!

Old 11-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Majesty

I think she looked lovely. The style and colour of her dress was very flattering. I was a bit sad she didn't wear her hair up but, after the "Barrage" of flashes I think she may find it a useful tool to hide behind.

Whilst she looked really happy to begin with she seemed to become almost overwhelmed by the media. I think she was more than a little shell-shocked by the end of proceedings. While she has been the subject of photographers for years, the reality of the "official" part of William's life was probably a rude awakening. No wonder she started to look like a bunny in the headlights.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent

No surprise that he used Diana's engagement ring. I've always thought he would.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Serene Highness

Fantastic news. Brilliant! I think Kate did very well at the interview. She was happy and seemed relaxed. I think William was very happy as well. Seems he was smiling alot. Im very happy for all of the families and for them as well. Thank goodness the cat is out of the bag now. Cant imagine having to keep a secret for so long. But in the end I think we all knew it was coming right?
Old 11-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Serene Highness

Did anyone notice the look Prince William gave during the interview, a mirror of Diana, glancing upwards. It was bittersweet for a moment.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the last two sentences: PW and a mature, educated woman, and father and son getting comfort from two women who understand them.

It may have been a long stretch for Kate, but she is getting a husband who knows what he wants to do with his life. I look back to the times when Diana took him to the homeless in the streets of London. This will have had a strong influence on the youngster. It explains why he wants to work in Search and Rescue...
Old 11-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

"Hello Magazine" has a special on his site about the Royal Engagement:

Kate Middleton | Royal wedding, Prince William and Kate Middleton
Old 11-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Courtier

here full transcript from interview..

Prince William and Kate Middleton: Read their full extraordinary interview here - mirror.co.uk
Old 11-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Royal Highness

Prince William asked for his mother's engagement ring in one of my books on Princess Diana when they went back to KP after her death.
It is a wonderful gesture on Prince William to give Catherine Middleton the ring in honor of his mother. He is sentimental. I wish Diana, Princess of Wales could be here today.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Aristocracy

So happy for them........ I really warmed to Kate, we haven't seen much of her except for paparazzi shots and haven't really heard her speak before. She seemed to handle all those flashes really well.

I wasn't sure how I felt about her having Diana's ring at first but it's a lovely sentiment behind the giving of it and looked lovely on her finger, really suited her and the blue dress was just gorgeous.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Excuse me! The (Jack) Mormon police are here. Yes, we CAN be tasteful and stylish without all of us looking like Marie Osmond.

I would think they would be getting tired. Wills and Kate that is. It's going to be a lo-o-o-ong day for them.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post

Kate looks lovely. The color looks very becoming on her and goes to show what a little bit of volume can do to someone's hair.
Though the interview is a bit awkward, but that's due to nerves. Understandable.
haha! yes, it was a very Mormon comment
now that I think about the dress, it wasn't that scandalous on kate. I suppose you have to have breasts to worry about deep v-necks being inappropriate. I too liked the colour.

unfortunately the interview was as bland as I expected. I hope they are happy. After all, boring marriages must out last exciting ones
Old 11-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Nobility

I am so very happy for William and Catherine, Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Queen, Prince Philip and the rest of the Royal Family.
It is just so sad that Princess Diana did not live to see this day...
For myself; I just can't wait to see all those specials, magazines, books and dvd's to come out!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Excuse me! The (Jack) Mormon police are here. Yes, we CAN be tasteful and stylish without all of us looking like Marie Osmond.

I would think they would be getting tired. Wills and Kate that is. It's going to be a lo-o-o-ong day for them.
You can be tasteful too when showing off your chest...

She isn't even showing anything that really comes close to a cleavage. V-necks are awesome, depending on who and how you're wearing it.

Kate looks great. She doesn't look sexy or whatever, just pretty and classy.