The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Aristocracy

They are wonderful together and Diana's ring looked right at home on Catherine's finger.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just can't re-iterate enough how happy I am for them both. Never thought I'd see the day.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 11-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Nobility

Is there any rebroadcast of the sit down interview? Gosh darn it, I was in a meeting and missed it!!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Nobility

BBC News - Royal wedding: Prince William gives Kate Diana's ring
from the BBC interview, about the propose
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Aristocracy

Thank you for video, Warren. Thanks too to Fanvanmaxima for the screen shots.

I wouldn't be surprised if Catherine Middleton worked circles around many of today's young royals because as William said, she is down to earth and just gets on with things.

He quite obviously adores her and I so agree with the sentiments of Polly, Sugarbaby and Sister Morphine.

I believe the UK is now euphoric. A brilliant wedding to look forward to helps dispel gloom and doom. Extra points to William for serving his country with such dedication.
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie of The Sea View Post
They are wonderful together and Diana's ring looked right at home on Catherine's finger.

I know, right? I remember reading some article many moons ago about how after Diana died, the boys were asked if there was anything in particular of their mother's they wanted to keep, and William took her engagement ring. So a part of me always knew that whomever he proposed to, he'd give her that ring.

If only Diana could be here to partake in the joy of this glorious occasion in both their lives.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Courtier

^it'll turn up on youtube...anyone know how she discovered this brazillian designer?
Heir Presumptive

A very lovely gesture of P Williams to give his bride to be the ring from his mother. I very clear indication how deeply he remembers his mom and also how deeply he cares about Catherine as the woman in his life.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I just can't re-iterate enough how happy I am for them both. Never thought I'd see the day.
I totally agree with you. From the moment I read the news, I jumped up and down like it was my own brother getting married. And I don't even have a brother - but I'm very happy for them
Old 11-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Nobility

Interview in full BBC News - William and Kate: Interview in full
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 11-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Hmm... those members who think this a good time to post their smarty-pants remarks should think again.
The bitter and twisted are advised to avoid this thread if congratulatory posts upset them so much.

Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 11-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Commoner

I'm very excited about this! William came off as very likeable, funny, bright and protective during their interview. Kate had a few errant "ums" and "you knows" but did a lovely job for someone whose first real media experience is this onslaught. She does seem to really care for him and that's what's most important.

I chose the name Katherine for my daughter in 1999 and remember telling my mom I wanted a classic name you could imagine someone saying, "And here are Prince William and his bride Katherine". Perhaps I influenced this - ha ha.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli Deo Gloria View Post

Thank for you that link -- I was in class and missed the interview.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Courtier

^ Well said Warren! I literally cannot wait for the wedding! Kate will be a beautiful bride. and william seems so happy...that's all that really matters anyway.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Serene Highness

Believe it or not, I have been planning a trip to England in the summer of 2011 since this past summer!
Now I definitely have a reason to go.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I know, right? I remember reading some article many moons ago about how after Diana died, the boys were asked if there was anything in particular of their mother's they wanted to keep, and William took her engagement ring. So a part of me always knew that whomever he proposed to, he'd give her that ring.

If only Diana could be here to partake in the joy of this glorious occasion in both their lives.
Oh, I think she is here in spirit and has never left her boys.
William has a very romantic way of expressing his feelings for Catherine that is a joy to behold.

Oh that's great rmay. And exciting.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah, I think the UK as a whole is going to make a ton of money on this wedding. I already know of 10 people who live here in the US who are planning on flying to London for this wedding, because they've been followers of that family since Diana's wedding and the births of her children, so forth and so on. So I no doubt that the money taxpayers might have to expend on this wedding and its festivities will be recouped through tourist money a few times over.

One thing that struck me about this interview was how at ease they both seemed answering questions, dealing with the almost megaton of flashbulbs that were going off earlier -- Kate seemed a bit shaky, but can you blame her? She's going to be the Queen of England. That's a lot to digest, even if you have known the guy for almost a decade.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I really liked Kate's dress - royal blue looks fantastic on her. William was so relaxed and witty, I enjoyed his humorous comments a lot. Aren't there official family photos online yet?
Old 11-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I really liked Kate's dress - royal blue looks fantastic on her. William was so relaxed and witty, I enjoyed his humorous comments a lot. Aren't there official family photos online yet?
What's more, I'm waiting for the "official engagement photo" - like the one that was released when Prince Albert of Monaco's engagement was announced.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Le prince William et sa douce Kate : Admirez la sublime bague de fiançailles !