Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sincere congratulations to the Royal Couple !

What Will Prince William wear to his wedding?

Does anyone know what Prince William will wear to his wedding? Is there a special uniform or will he wear his RAF dress uniform?

The name Catherine is just a name - not a catalogue of a set of rather unfortunate women who made bad choices.

Let's not load an irrelevant history onto Ms. Catherine Middleton in the 21st century.
I am only confirming facts.

As for superstitions: if the BRF wasn't superstitious, they would have let Diana name her firstborn son John, after her father, as she wanted.

But no: at once rose associations with King John the Lackland, and Prince John Windsor pushed away by his family because of his epilepsy, which they considered a curse. :bang:

Let's not load an irrelevant history

You make excuses about it to me & what is the BRF doing? The same.

Last edited:
To gabby windsor - my newspaper this morning (The Scotsman) gave a sort of 'time-line' of their relationship. It indicates a break up during their last year at University (2004/2005) when William appeared to be struck on Isabella Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe (evidently a blue-blooded heiress). There was also the 'break-up' in 2007, but I think that appears to be more of a pulling back than a break-up. It would appear, anyway, that in William's mind the proper break-up was the earlier one.

I assume he will wear either a mourning suit or his military uniform at the present time.

Hihi, as this wedding hopefully is no "MOURNING" event, you surely meant a "Morning Suit" :ROFLMAO::flowers:
BYe Bine

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't people just be happy for the two of them? You don't know them, they don't know you, they aren't friends or members of your family.

Congratulations and all the best to prince willian kate.

ROYAL WEDDING SEEN PUMPING $1B INTO U.K. ECONOMY

LONDON, Nov 17 (Reuters) - The marriage of Prince William to Kate Middleton next year could give a 620 million pound ($985 million) boost to the British economy, retail reseachers Verdict said on Wednesday. The forecast came as Asda, Britain's second-biggest supermarket group, said it was already selling a 5 pound mug to commemorate the engagement of the heir to the British throne to his long-term girlfriend, announced on Tuesday. Verdict estimated the engagement could be worth 12-18 million pounds in merchandise sales, while sales of wedding-related products could top 26 million pounds. The real boost to the economy, however, could come from creating a "feel-good factor" among consumers that proved elusive this year with the England team's dismal performance in the soccer World Cup. "If, as expected, it is a big set-piece event, it could well capture the nation's imagination and provide a fillip to the retail sector," said Verdict consulting director Neil Saunders. Verdict forecast food and grocery retailers could benefit to the tune of 360 million pounds as shoppers buy treats like wine and champagne to toast the happy couple, while travel and tourism revenues could be boosted by an estimated 216 million.

Does anyone know what Prince William will wear to his wedding? Is there a special uniform or will he wear his RAF dress uniform?

I think he'll wear a uniform just like most crown princes.

I feel soooo happy for them. It is like the end of the malediction. A love marriage, not an arranged one!

Diana would have been very happy.

I'm sure she is somewhere, she watches everything and she smiles.

I think he'll wear a uniform just like most crown princes.

Except William is not the Crown Prince. However, since he is in the military, and if he follows tradition, I would imagine he he will wear his.

Prince William & Kate Middleton wedding: Royals warned not to dump cost on taxpayer | Mail Online

The Royal family has been warned not to leave taxpayers facing an enormous bill for a lavish wedding following Prince William's engagement.
Campaigners insist it will be 'sickening' for the public purse to be squeezed for the occasion at a time of such austerity and drastic spending cuts.

The cost of providing security for such a high-profiled event alone is expected to run into millions of pounds at a time when police budgets are stretched.

Anti-monarchy campaign group Republic has declared the wedding a 'private matter' and urged the Government not to spend a 'single penny more' on the Royals.

There is a poll on the article entitled "Are you happy to spend money on the wedding", and I don't know how many people have voted but at the moment the statistics lay at 72% = No and 28% = Yes.

Yes to the city, but not to the UK as a whole.
I can understand there argument that this wedding shouldn't be paid for by the public.

The public is going to pay for some of this wedding, in the form of police officers who will be needed to keep public order.

With that in mind, the police officers will then in turn spend their hard earned money in the cities and towns that they live by "living." So it has a trickle down effect.

And there are going to be some people who find fault with everything with the engagement, ring, dress, location, etc. for this wedding. But as long as we all respect each other's opinions and don't take it too personally, we should make it through okay.

I doubt very much that there would have been any resistance to a new ring. IMO, an engagement ring should never be recycled.

I wonder if she's going to have to wear Diana's wedding ring, too. That engagement ring should have been recycled into a brooch or necklace or tiara or SOMETHING else.

I wonder if she's going to have to wear Diana's wedding ring, too. That engagement ring should have been recycled into a brooch or necklace or tiara or SOMETHING else.

Whole heartedly agree.
Wasn't Diana buried with the wedding ring though? :ermm:

Not sure why this bothers you so much. It was William's ring to choose what HE wanted to do with it, and he chose to give it to the woman he loves and wants to marry. Why should it have been recycled? It's a piece of history and very sentimental to William as is.

Not sure why this bothers you so much. It was William's ring to choose what HE wanted to do with it, and he chose to give it to the woman he loves and wants to marry. Why should it have been recycled? It's a piece of history and very sentimental to William as is.

I recognize all you're saying, but I have my opinion as well. EVERYTHING is a piece of history; William should have sold that ring to pay for the wedding.:eek:

unfortunately the interview was as bland as I expected. I hope they are happy.

I think the interview was just the way they are - bland and boring ;) but I think they are truly happy. Even though Kate was quite nervous and couldnt do a proper sentence I give her kudos for being authentic, unlike other tacky royal brides who did some bossy talking on engagement day or presented themselves like just coming out of a how-to-deal-with-the-media training. I hope she is allowed to stay herself and I wish them well.

They now have to make the most of the momentum, use the interest and excitement their decision has created to best ability, keep it alive until next summer and beyond. If they do so, there is a good chance especially for Kate that people will warm up quickly. If they dont and go back to Wales to live a quiet life without a proper how-to-involve-Kate-stragety it can quickly backfire, and once the whole "Diana's son is getting married" sugar has gone being out there in the public can be a lonely and unpleasant place if people are disappointed.

And there are going to be some people who find fault with everything with the engagement, ring, dress, location, etc. for this wedding. But as long as we all respect each other's opinions and don't take it too personally, we should make it through okay.

I for one agree with you entirely - well said! This engagement should be seen as being a happy and positive occassion - at least for William and Kate it is a happy and positive occassion! Using Diana's engagement ring in such a positive and nice way is surely a good thing!

We've got months to go yet before the wedding so I do hope we all make it through okay too!!!

Irrelevant, but "wicked" quite often and especially in this case means awesome, amazing, wonderful, out of this world cool. In that case, Camilla is pretty wicked. As well as W&C's engagement.

I agree...I'm not denying that she used wicked with the best of intentions, but there are other adjectives out there. Wicked is usually not the first thing that comes to mind when congratulating a couples engagement.

I thought it might be the other way around. Anywyas, pre-nups are not enforceable in English law.

Pre-nups aren't enforceable?
So that means Kate will be screwed if William ever leaves her?? (God forbid)

Perhaps when you made your comment, you were unaware that:

a) "wicked" is commonly used in the UK to mean wonderful or great
b) Camilla had just come out of a performance of the musical, "Wicked", and hence, she used the term.
Are you suggesting that just because she worked for her family business, it could not be enriching?
Well said.
Exactly my reaction.

Wicked is used in the the US the same way, like I said above, there are other adjectives. Maybe that's how it's done in the UK, but in the US one does not use "wicked" when congratulating a engaged couple. It's just a bit weird to me.

I recognize all you're saying, but I have my opinion as well. EVERYTHING is a piece of history; William should have sold that ring to pay for the wedding.:eek:

I love when people express their opinions....but could you imagine Will selling his late mothers ring!!! That would be unthinkable. I think the taxpayers should pay for half because they will need security, etc.

Last edited:
The word may have come easily to mind, seeing as she had just seen the musical Wicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom