The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

^yes, i've read that too. And it was their little secret

Old 11-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'm very dissapointed that Ian Lloyd on BBC News 24 right now, saying that Kate will fill Diana's shoes when she marries.
It's totally ridiculous.
They are saying she will add a true spark to the royals.

They got engaged in Kenya.

Nobility

Congratulations to the happy couple! I cant wait for the wedding! I think it was such a touching gesture for Prince William to give Kate his mother's engagement ring. Obviously, he wanted to keep Diana with him at this very special moment in his & Kate's lives, and loves them both. Perhaps it's his way of bringing the two together since they were unfortunately never to meet. Seeing the way the two love eachother, Kate is probably very happy & proud to wear Diana's ring, knowing how important it is to William. She seems a very strong young woman and sure enough with herself & her relationship not to worry about superstitions. I wish them all the love and happiness in the world.

Be who you are And say what you feel Because those who mind don't matter And those who matter don't mind-Dr. Seuss
Heir Apparent

Mom just woke me up in time to see the CNN footage and I literally screamed to the top of my lungs congrats William and Kate I am soooo happy for you two. This made my year seriously.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Kate Middleton and Prince William engaged: Is this the new People's Princess? | Mail Online

Quote:
Kate Middleton will be following in Diana's footsteps when she marries into the Royal Family as The Firm's next potential People's Princess.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Serene Highness

Wonder if we will hear from Harry on the engagement, BBC has had everyone else on talking?
Old 11-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I'm very dissapointed that Ian Lloyd on BBC News 24 right now, saying that Kate will fill Diana's shoes when she marries.
It's totally ridiculous.
They are saying she will add a true spark to the royals.
Just saw that myself and thought he was a bit crass by continually mentioning that all the royal pundits and commentators will be hopefully making money off of this. Sounded like he was pitching for a job.
Likewise I think that Kate has been with the royal family for a long time and already knows the ropes, i.e don't talk to the press.
Think the press will be surprised to find she won't be another Diana but her own Kate.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

He already has a job, lots of people think she will be the new Diana.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

So. . .how happy is Albert and Charlene with this news?
Old 11-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

There's an american woman talking on BBC about how the wedding is being talked about more than some big corruption trial.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate Middleton, Royal Fiancee - EyeScoop - Celebrity Photos, Fashion and Lifestyle News - WWD.com

Article from Women's Wear Daily. Kate is the oldest royal bride? Is that in general or just in the BRF?
Old 11-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

In the BRF. Due to most European Princess' being much older.

Princess Anne was 23, QE2 was 21. Sarah was 27.
However Sophie was 34 when she married Edward.
Courtier

Bless them both - bless William for remembering his mother in such a loving way, and bless Catherine for her generosity of heart in not scorning his choice of ring.
Courtier

Her engagment ring...does it just look like Diana's or is it Diana's?

Ok, just read a comment...I guess it IS Diana's ring. That's sweet!
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
There's an american woman talking on BBC about how the wedding is being talked about more than some big corruption trial.
I'd rather hear about an engagement than some corruption trial right now. Besides it's happy news! Kate and William are finally engaged after 8 years of dating. It's a happy time for the nation and commonwealth and both families.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD View Post
Her engagment ring...does it just look like Diana's or is it Diana's?
It is Diana's. William said he gave it to her so his mom doesn't miss out on all the excitement.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
In the BRF. Due to most European Princess' being much older.
But what about Camilla?
Old 11-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Not really. If you go to the major news networks/newspapers' websites, the headline and breaking news is about Charles Rangel. He has bumped Wills and Kate to second story.

I watched some of the American news videos this morning and found some mistakes. Good Morning America's George Stephanopoulos said Charles and Diana wed in Westminster Abbey instead of St. Paul (probably just misspoke). But the royal watcher on that show or the Today Show said that we will need to address her as "Lady Catherine" now . Did Mr. Middleton get a peerage? Any good royal watcher would know her title changes comes after marriage and she will be known as "Princess William of Wales" or more likely "Duchess of ..." when QEII gives Wills a dukedom
Old 11-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Courtier

We don't need "another Diana", we've already had one and will always have her. Good or bad let her be Kate!

I have to say I was surprised he gave her his Mother's ring as I thought it was left for Harry. But after hearing what he said I think it's a sweet gesture. Since she has the ring though I hope she won't wear the Spencer tiara....that would be too much IMO.