Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know whether we will actually get to see an interview with the two of them or was that the photo op ?

A royal title awaits Kate, but which?

LONDON (AP) — Queen Catherine? She must wait for that one.
But some royal title awaits Kate Middleton once she marries her prince, a future king of England.
William's uncles, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward, were given titles when they married. Andrew was created Duke of York, and his wife Sarah became the Duchess of York, while Edward was made Earl of Wessex, and his wife Sophie is a countess.
Assuming William's father, Prince Charles, lives long enough to succeed his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, then William likely will be upgraded to prince of Wales, the traditional title for a male heir.
Kate would then be the princess of Wales, just as William's mother was.
One precedent for her progress could be the career of King George V, the second son of Edward VIII and grandson of Queen Victoria.
After the death of his elder brother Albert in 1891, George was given the titles of Duke of York, Earl of Inverness and Baron Killarney, and his wife was known as the Duchess of York.
She became princess of Wales in 1901 following the death of Victoria, and then Queen Mary following Edward's death in 1910.
Another royal precedent gives Kate some latitude on choosing a title. Prince Charles' wife is the princess of Wales but she has never used the title because of its association with the late Princess Diana.
Instead, Camilla is known as the Duchess of Cornwall, or Duchess of Rothesay when in Scotland, adopting two of her husband's other titles.

In the BRF. Due to most European Princess' being much older.

Princess Anne was 23, QE2 was 21. Sarah was 27.
However Sophie was 34 when she married Edward.

Sarah and Andrew were both 26. Princess Margaret, however, was 29--the same age Kate will be when she marries William. Since I really did think that William and Kate might not marry for another 2-3 years, I have to say I think this is the right time...they waited a little long, but they could have dragged it out much longer.

So. . .how happy is Albert and Charlene with this news? :whistling:

:ROFLMAO: I though that, too!
I think the 7 million dollars which Albert will spend for the promotion of his wedding will not help, it´s about Kate and William now!

So happy they're officially engaged! I heard it on the radio this morning, but had to check to make sure it was an official announcement from Clarence House before I believed it! My husband gave me his mother's engagement and wedding ring, and I have always treasured it as a family heirloom.

what will kate's title be after the wedding exactly?

Congratulations William and Kate!
I like Kate's voice and the saphire ring looks great with her eyes (as it did with Diana's)

Their poor eyes!!! All thoses flashes!!!

Sophie Rayworth just said on BBC News and said when she becomes "Princess Catharine". Totally wrong.

I never like Kate before but I must say I've fallen in love with her! I think others will do the same. Getting a taste of the real her and not the dailymail version will do wonders her image and likability.

That blue on her was majestic! Her voice is great and she comes off very well. I love them as a couple and can't wait.

Will the interview be in a hour or should it be starting soon?

Congratulations to them both and I wish them well.

Also I can tell Kate and William will be huge. This is good, before it was all about Diana. If the story and interest is on them as a couple and not individuals that will only strengthen the monarchy. A dynamic duo is better than a one man show.

Can't wait for the dress and outfits sure to come.

I never like Kate before but I must say I've fallen in love with her! I think others will do the same. Getting a taste of the real her and not the dailymail version will do wonders her image and likability.

That blue on her was majestic! Her voice is great and she comes off very well. I love them as a couple and can't wait.

Not the Daily Mail version...this made me smile. I think that's true and I look forward to seeing Kate as a "real" person--however, I think the "Daily Mail version" has already done a lot of damage.

I thought Kate looked very pretty--nice choice of blue to match the sapphire ring.

Great news. I a looking forward to another Royal wedding. :flowers:
Congrats to the couple. Finally!

Ughhh. I thought I was ready for this inevitable engagement.. but I was wrong. I still felt deep disappointment. We're going to have to see images of Kate forever now... there isn't any hope of someone new and interesting.

I hated that she had Diana's ring on. Get ready for the comparisons, again.
and she wore the same style dress, as usual. Also sounds a bit like Hermione from Harry Potter.

So excited I told my husband that I was excited to get to see a wedding and he said right you watch tv while i'll work! LOL! I've been watching BBC on my computer all day seeing as how we don't have any BBC news til early this morning we have high def bbc on our tv however.

So very exciting!!

I am so happy for the couple!!! Their maturity level is bound to make it easier to create a lasting union. I cried when I saw Diana's ring on her finger....Tears of joy and sorrow all at once. I have wanted to see it again for so long.....and it is stunning on Catherine.....she is so very beautiful. :princess3: I believe Diana is looking upon her son with great pride and happiness today. :angel:

OMG. I've just seen news at Yahoo! and run to this forum to see what people are saying. There are so many pages already on this thread. :lol:
This is total surprise:flowers: Congrats! :clap:I thought William was not ready to marry yet and that he splits with Kate before he grows to marriage.
This is really good news. Kate and William are respectable couple in long relationship. It is the happiest ending.:lol::)
Kate's blue dress was lovely. They both are so natural and relaxed. The choice of William to give Kate his mother's engagement ring is very romantic idea.:flowers:

The interview is starting!

does the queen and the goverment need to aprive the mariige for william and kate?

No I don't think so, if PW was 25 or under then he certainly would have had to ask the Queen's permission. (I can't remeber what the significants of being 25 is but I'll dig out my law in practice notes and look it up for you if you like ). But because he's over 25 he doesn't have to, but I think he did anyway bless him.:D

As for the government approving the marriage, that doesn't happen in the UK. It's all down to the Queen no one else.

Aww love the comparison to ducks.

"We're both like little ducks calm on top but the little feet are going underneath"

Calls Kates dad Mike, love that

William says they were friends for a year before gettign together and that she has a naughty sense of humour which suits him!

Last edited:
William seems so happy and relaxed, just wonderful... I'm not so sure about Kate though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom