The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1421  
Old 12-25-2010, 01:46 AM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 5,189
I'm not sure about that. Prince William strikes me as an independent character.


Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
William and Kate do what they are told to do. It is expected.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1422  
Old 12-25-2010, 08:18 AM
Skippy's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Look Kate is marrying the future king and Zara is marrying just another guy. It is neither good nor bad, it is the way "they" do things. William and Kate do what they are told to do. It is expected.
What makes you say that? They are not puppets on a string.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1423  
Old 12-25-2010, 08:42 AM
nascarlucy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Florida Area, United States
Posts: 1,340
The article about Kate and Zara was tacky to say the least. Kate had a manicure and Zara didn't. So what?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1424  
Old 12-25-2010, 09:09 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: brisbane, Australia
Posts: 7
I think Kate is a show pony, and time will prove me right. Zara like her mother isn't out to 'show off, or prove herself' and therefore she didn't feel it necessary to have her nails done to make other people happy. Unfortunately I don't like Kate, and I think it's because she just never seemed to work. She isn't realistic. At least even Diana did cleaning for people prior to her marriage.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1425  
Old 12-25-2010, 09:39 AM
solsol's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 76
i agree, but in a way she has tp be a show pony...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1426  
Old 12-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 2,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina-marie View Post
I think Kate is a show pony, and time will prove me right. Zara like her mother isn't out to 'show off, or prove herself' and therefore she didn't feel it necessary to have her nails done to make other people happy. Unfortunately I don't like Kate, and I think it's because she just never seemed to work. She isn't realistic. At least even Diana did cleaning for people prior to her marriage.

To be fair, Kate had to keep her schedule relatively free so that she had some time to spend with William.
If she'd been all caught up in a career, she would have seen very little of him, considering how heavy his schedule is.
Working in her family business seemed a viable compromise when the criticism started about her not working.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1427  
Old 12-25-2010, 12:24 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach (CA), United States
Posts: 1,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina-marie View Post
I think Kate is a show pony, and time will prove me right. Zara like her mother isn't out to 'show off, or prove herself' and therefore she didn't feel it necessary to have her nails done to make other people happy.
I didn't know that getting a manicure means that you are a show pony, or only trying to prove something. Isn't it possible that Kate likes having manicured nails?

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Look Kate is marrying the future king and Zara is marrying just another guy. It is neither good nor bad, it is the way "they" do things.
Exactly. You can't even compare Zara and Kate's situations.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1428  
Old 12-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Skippy's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina-marie View Post
I think Kate is a show pony, and time will prove me right. Zara like her mother isn't out to 'show off, or prove herself' and therefore she didn't feel it necessary to have her nails done to make other people happy. Unfortunately I don't like Kate, and I think it's because she just never seemed to work. She isn't realistic. At least even Diana did cleaning for people prior to her marriage.
What an assumptions. How do you know that she isn't realistic? Do you know her? I think the people who still think little of her will be surprised.

On another note, you can't compare Zara and Catherine. I think there was nothing wrong with Zara's nails (what a sad topic to discuss, imo) and to think that Catherine had her nails done to make other people happy sounds utterly ridiculous in my ears.
And why would Catherine be out to 'show off, or prove herself'?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1429  
Old 12-25-2010, 01:13 PM
texankitcat's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
To be fair, Kate had to keep her schedule relatively free so that she had some time to spend with William.
If she'd been all caught up in a career, she would have seen very little of him, considering how heavy his schedule is.
Working in her family business seemed a viable compromise when the criticism started about her not working.
Exactly. Kate wasn't dating just any Royal. The media attention around their relationship would have made it impossible for her to work in a normal job. Working for her family's business afforded her flexibility, privacy and security from gossip and the prying press.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1430  
Old 12-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Britters's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DC, United States
Posts: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina-marie View Post
I think Kate is a show pony, and time will prove me right. Zara like her mother isn't out to 'show off, or prove herself' and therefore she didn't feel it necessary to have her nails done to make other people happy. Unfortunately I don't like Kate, and I think it's because she just never seemed to work. She isn't realistic. At least even Diana did cleaning for people prior to her marriage.
I work hard, and I make time to get manicures regularly, does that make me a show pony?

Unfortunately, because of peoples perception of her over the years and her position, Kate's in for a lot of having to prove herself to people (whether or not I agree is another opinion entirely). Imagine how people would have reacted if her nails had appeared slightly less than perfect. Sadly people would have torn her to shreds.

From my point of view Kate is in a no win situation here. She looks good and takes care of herself and she's a show pony. She goes "au-natural" and she's not trying hard enough and being flippant. What will it take?

Personally I think it best to wait until we actually see something past an engagement photo call to pass judgement of whether she's going to be a hardworking asset to the Royal family.
__________________
Have you ever wished on a star? It's a magic everyone needs to experience!
Reply With Quote
  #1431  
Old 12-25-2010, 01:35 PM
texankitcat's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post
I work hard, and I make time to get manicures regularly, does that make me a show pony?

Unfortunately, because of peoples perception of her over the years and her position, Kate's in for a lot of having to prove herself to people (whether or not I agree is another opinion entirely). Imagine how people would have reacted if her nails had appeared slightly less than perfect. Sadly people would have torn her to shreds.

From my point of view Kate is in a no win situation here. She looks good and takes care of herself and she's a show pony. She goes "au-natural" and she's not trying hard enough and being flippant. What will it take?

Personally I think it best to wait until we actually see something past an engagement photo call to pass judgement of whether she's going to be a hardworking asset to the Royal family.
You are absolutely right. There is no wininng with some people. Their minds are made up and there is nothing she can do that will ever be good enough. I think she is going to find her niche if people will only give her time and the opportunity to prove herself.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1432  
Old 12-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Naggi's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dusseldorf, Germany
Posts: 789
Time will tell whether she will prove worthy or not of her new role and title. Who are we to judge on her future by looking at her present or even past? Until now the impression she gives is that of who lives to please her prince. But to be fair to her she didn't do anything wrong eighter. She has caused no major scandals, was always descreet and seems to have gathered loyal friends and family around her who protect her and she lives the life of a daughter of rich parents - going shopping and partying with friends. She could have worked hard, but she doesn't have to. So it was basically up to her. There is nothing wrong on this though it seems not right either. But this will change from the minute of her wedding. She still will be rich :-), but now she has to prove worthy of the title she will get. There will be charity work and lots of other engagements she has to get involved in. More than anyone else in the family William and Kate will be the center of focus as they represent the future of the British monarchy more than Charles and Camilla. I wish her good luck in her soon-to-be new commitments.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1433  
Old 12-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Sister Morphine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 2,726
Maybe all the people who dislike Kate are just jealous that she's with William and they're not. Doesn't all this just smack of schoolyard jealousy and pettiness to you? This really echoes conversations I heard girls in my high school having about some boy who was paying attention to some other girl and not them. "She's too high-maintenance for him, I'm more real and down-to-earth." "I don't get what he sees in her, I mean she doesn't do anything. I bet she doesn't even love him."

Seriously, some of you need to grow up. Really and truly grow up.
__________________
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Reply With Quote
  #1434  
Old 12-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 119
I don't get the impression that William and Kate are just "doing what they are told". In fact, the indications are that William is pretty determined to do things his way, no matter what the palace staffers think. He certainly handled the engagement announcement that way (not even calling the Queen and his father until the morning of the announcement, for which the arrangements had clearly already been made), and it seems he's insisting that his Clarence House staff be in charge of the wedding details and not the Queen's people at Buckingham Palace. It may or may not be true that, as some media have reported, the BP staff aren't thrilled about this, but if is, it would appear that Prince William doesn't particularly care.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1435  
Old 12-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Maybe all the people who dislike Kate are just jealous that she's with William and they're not. Doesn't all this just smack of schoolyard jealousy and pettiness to you? This really echoes conversations I heard girls in my high school having about some boy who was paying attention to some other girl and not them. "She's too high-maintenance for him, I'm more real and down-to-earth." "I don't get what he sees in her, I mean she doesn't do anything. I bet she doesn't even love him."

Seriously, some of you need to grow up. Really and truly grow up.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes .......... I think that about covers it!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1436  
Old 12-25-2010, 06:11 PM
Lady Ann's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: IN THE CITY, United States
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina-marie View Post
I think Kate is a show pony, and time will prove me right. Zara like her mother isn't out to 'show off, or prove herself' and therefore she didn't feel it necessary to have her nails done to make other people happy. Unfortunately I don't like Kate, and I think it's because she just never seemed to work. She isn't realistic. At least even Diana did cleaning for people prior to her marriage.
Zara an Kate are like oranges and apples...two diffrent people who will live two very diffrent ways. Zara has never been the type to have her nails done.She is sporty and more earthy. Not that she is not a looker as well.
So Kate had her nails done, big deal.. Her offical pictures will be shown for years..every detail will be looked at time and again.

People who work for family always have to work harder there is more then a pay check involed it is her families life. What makes you think that Kate dont clean her home or do her own things?? we have seen pictures of her at the food store, taking out the trash, and we have heard William say frist hand that she does the cooking.

You don't have to like Kate and realisticly it will never matter! she seems to make William happy and that is all that does matter. These are my opinions may you keep your own..
__________________
Lady Ann
Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face…~ George Eliot ~
Reply With Quote
  #1437  
Old 12-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 629
I think we should listen to everyone's opinion and not brand people who dislike her as being "jealous". A lot of people here may be older / more mature than the school girls described above.
She has proven nothing yet. only time will tell whether she is hardworking or not. Till then , everyone can state why they like/ dislike her.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1438  
Old 12-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: calgary, Canada
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vittoria View Post
I don't get the impression that William and Kate are just "doing what they are told". In fact, the indications are that William is pretty determined to do things his way, no matter what the palace staffers think. ...
It would be interesting to know if palace/St James staffers had any input or critique on the commemorative coin before it's release, as it truly is just a horrible rendering of both of them, and Kate in particular. It's simply astounding that in this age of technology, they can produce something that is that bad, and thinking that the public will like it is even more mind numbing. Maybe William really is stubborn, the BRF really is out-of-touch with the populace, or both.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1439  
Old 12-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
I think we should listen to everyone's opinion and not brand people who dislike her as being "jealous". A lot of people here may be older / more mature than the school girls described above.
She has proven nothing yet. only time will tell whether she is hardworking or not. Till then , everyone can state why they like/ dislike her.
People may or may not have a "good reason" to dislike or like Catherine, it is just attributing something about a person one does not know that is probably not the best thing to do. Why not just say "I don't like her", what is wrong with that? I think sometimes people feel like they have to come up with a "real" not to like someone because they are not comfortable with their feelings. People don't really have to have a reason but they should just own up to that rather than making up something. Sometimes I just look at a person and think I would not like them, not especially nice on my part, but that is the truth of the matter. Let's face it, there are people who would not like ANYONE Prince William chose.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1440  
Old 12-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Mia_mae's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SP, Brazil
Posts: 1,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Zara an Kate are like oranges and apples...two diffrent people who will live two very diffrent ways. Zara has never been the type to have her nails done.She is sporty and more earthy. Not that she is not a looker as well.
So Kate had her nails done, big deal.. Her offical pictures will be shown for years..every detail will be looked at time and again.

People who work for family always have to work harder there is more then a pay check involed it is her families life. What makes you think that Kate dont clean her home or do her own things?? we have seen pictures of her at the food store, taking out the trash, and we have heard William say frist had that she does the cooking.

You don't have to like Kate and realisticly it will never matter! she seems to make William happy and that is all that does matter. These are my opinions may you keep your own..
Very well put it!

Remember that when we point one finger at a person, the other four fingers are pointing at ourselves .....
__________________

__________________
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince William and Catherine Middleton current events 8: November 2009-29 April 2011 Zonk Current Events Archive 1144 04-28-2011 07:00 PM
Prince William and Kate Middleton current events 7: November 2008 to October 2009 Elspeth Current Events Archive 489 11-01-2009 12:06 AM
Prince William and Kate Middleton current events 6: August-November 2008 kimebear Current Events Archive 491 11-11-2008 08:41 PM
Prince William and Kate Middleton current events 1: October-November 2007 Charlotte1 Current Events Archive 673 12-02-2007 02:56 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman picture of the month pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]