The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-09-2010, 05:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
No news on who she has chosen for a wedding dress designer as yet either? **tapping foot** She needs to get on it so we have something else to discuss here.
Well the official engagement photos are due out this month, probably before Christmas. So that should be good for at least 2 pages!

Quote:
No engagements together until after they're married?? I remember Diana and Sarah doing several before their marriage. Has something changed? Or is it because William is a junior royal?No engagements together until after they're married?? I remember Diana and Sarah doing several before their marriage. Has something changed? Or is it because William is a junior royal? Yesterday 07:57 PMNo engagements together until after they're married?? I remember Diana and Sarah doing several before their marriage. Has something changed? Or is it because William is a junior royal? Yesterday 07:57 PM
The time of year that Diana and Sarah got engaged contributed to the few, very few. I think it was 2 or 3 engagements they did. The balcony of Trooping of the Colour, Easter at Windsor. Diana did 2 night time engagements with Charles, the famous black dress one and a red dress engagement, can't remember any for Sarah.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Courtier

Good point on the photos! Okay, at least we have those to look forward to as long as she isn't wearing that darn blue dress. I am sick of seeing it plastered all over the internet and on every magezine.
I imagine we won't see Kate much between now and the wedding, although I think it would be good PR for them to cooperate with us... ummm...I mean the press and throw a bone now and then with a photo op and a brief word or two about the wedding prep.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Serene Highness

I'm glad I'm not the only one getting antsy!
Old 12-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
No engagements together until after they're married?? I remember Diana and Sarah doing several before their marriage. Has something changed? Or is it because William is a junior royal?
Yes, me too. I thought they would appear at least to some events together - maybe some Christmas related events. So sad that we can't see them together.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I hear she sneezed today.
Are you sure? Is there film or a photo? What kind of sneeze? What was she wearing?

(kidding, no offense intended to anyone!)
Old 12-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnEliza View Post
Are you sure? Is there film or a photo? What kind of sneeze? What was she wearing?

Grainy 8mm video footage was uploaded to TMZ's website of Catherine Middleton sneezing. It was a dainty sneeze befitting a future queen, but it wasn't obnoxiously cutesy. She was wearing a black dress with pale blue ribbon trim and a pair of black knee-high boots, with a pea coat and scarf. Very chic. All the girls will want to make it their official "sneezing on video" outfit.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 12-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Aristocracy

You're kidding right? There really is film of Kate sneezing? Well that is for really hard core followers!
Old 12-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Grainy 8mm video footage was uploaded to TMZ's website of Catherine Middleton sneezing. It was a dainty sneeze befitting a future queen, but it wasn't obnoxiously cutesy. She was wearing a black dress with pale blue ribbon trim and a pair of black knee-high boots, with a pea coat and scarf. Very chic. All the girls will want to make it their official "sneezing on video" outfit.
LMAO! I can't believe they actually filmed her sneezing.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Of course I was kidding.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 12-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
It's like that, now that my semester at college has finished and my workflow is slowing, there's not much to talk about. Then as soon as the 'real' news starts to pop, I'll be crazy w/ papers and frelancee jobs.

BTW, @ etonline.com there is a part of their interview, with some little bits not shown before, I believe.
here is the link: WATCH: Prince William & Kate Middleton Get Candid About Their 2007 Split

If someone could help, I could not understand what Catherine and William said between 00:50-00:56.

:)
I'm pretty sure Kate says, "It wasn't all bad," and William feigns relief and remarks, "Phew, dodged a bullet on that one," or something along those lines.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Of course I was kidding.
Well that was just mean. Not that it couldn't happen which made it rather believable.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Courtier

Talking

Quote:
Of course I was kidding.
I was about to go to TMZ and have a look.
The outfit you made up for her sounds cute as well.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post
I'm pretty sure Kate says, "It wasn't all bad," and William feigns relief and remarks, "Phew, dodged a bullet on that one," or something along those lines.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Diana and Sarah both did Royal Ascot as fiancees. Diana did a couple of State banquets, a visit and walkabout in Tetbury with Prince Charles which included a hospital visit, at least three official evening engagements (one where she wore a dark blue spangly dress). There was a military Tattoo in July, a visit to a regiment, Wimbledon, a visit to Cheltenham (where the schoolboy kissed her hand), and a tree planting at Broadlands. There were other occasions as well. I tend to remember the outfits but not necessarily what the events were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
The time of year that Diana and Sarah got engaged contributed to the few, very few. I think it was 2 or 3 engagements they did. The balcony of Trooping of the Colour, Easter at Windsor. Diana did 2 night time engagements with Charles, the famous black dress one and a red dress engagement, can't remember any for Sarah.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:09 AM
Majesty

Of course both Diana and Sarah's engagements were announced as the Royal Family were ending their Christmas vacation and so the royal engagement calendar was picking up for the year. Kate and William have announced their engagement as the royals are slowing down for the Christmas and January holiday period so there will be fewer opportunities before the April wedding.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:21 AM
Serene Highness

I find her so uninteresting.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, you're right. Diana and Sarah were making many appearances at the height of the social season. I'd like to have the opportunity to see Kate and William do a couple of engagements together before their wedding, but we'll just have to wait and see whether that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Of course both Diana and Sarah's engagements were announced as the Royal Family were ending their Christmas vacation and so the royal engagement calendar was picking up for the year.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:

That was a great laugh!!!!!
Phantastic! Extremly creative!!!!!
And showing how absurd some discussions are, if there is NO NEWS around! Arrrrgh, give us some news! We all will commit suicide, if we have nothing new to discuss!!!!
Bye Bine
Old 12-10-2010, 08:54 AM

Regardless of Kate ... Prince William has a sincere heart .. love Kate .. and then proposed to her .... that true love .. which ends in marriage, not deception

Congratulations!
Old 12-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Aristocracy

I agree MERMAID1962, I cannot tell you when or where. But I can remember the outfits.