The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-30-2010, 12:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Because they are Royal, they are not allowed to fall in love and marry someone who doesn't have Royal blood? The practice of arranging marriages within Royal Families is over, thank GOD. You have a seriously archaic way of thinking about Royalty that doesn't fit into the current century.

I did say I have no problem with them marrying commoners.

My problem is that they then still see themselves as somehow special and better than everyone else when in fact they are becoming commoners themselves.

My view of thinking about royalty in the current century very much fits in - the concept of monarchy is what is archaic and past its use by date and as long as they continue to make themselves ordinary and commoners that idea will continue to grow.

I was a rabid monarchist when I joined this board 2 years ago but thanks to the people here have become and ardent republican. I am thankful for the people on here who have shown my how archaic my ideas of two years ago were and how much more I am now intune with the modern world as a result of being here.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:16 AM
Administrator

Lets get back on topic...the engagement of William and Catherine.

There are other thread where people can discuss royals marrying commoners, the role or monarchy, monarchy vs. republic, etc.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Don't know if this has been posted, but here's a video that shows a bit of unseen footage of William and Kate after their interview. It's a cute moment.

It's the first video, and it starts at around the 4:53 mark.
Prince William to marry Kate Middleton - Channel4 News
Old 11-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

That was adorable! Thanks for sharing with us!

Kate was very relieved that it was over
With time I think she'll grow into it and be more confident about it.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for pointing this moment out - a lovely natural gesture from Kate - I think it speaks volumes about their relationship
Old 11-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Gentry

I love it, shows that she was really trying to get everything right during the interview. Also, love how William tells her to "breathe" and puts his hand on her knee, great show of support for his intended.

Annamarie
Old 11-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative The Netherlands

Thanks for the video! It's very nice!! I like the way William tells Kate to breathe and how he encourages her!! They're a beautiful couple!!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I know I'm going to get it...and get it good. I read an article at
Kate Middleton's Engagement Dress Sold Out in One Day | TheCelebrityCafe.com that states that the dress Catherine wore to announce her engagement was US$610 (GPB 391 and Euro 468). Off-the-peg price.

I wonder if there will be a new tartan created for her. Now that would be exciting!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
The church isn't for the "righteous", it's for anyone who wants God's blessing on their marriage and not just the "say so" of the state.
In a way I agree with you. The Church is for sinners, not Saints. Perhaps they will "go and sin no more" after they leave the beautiful religious backdrop.

I wish them all happiness.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Good idea. You never have anything pleasant to say about these two anyway.
And you are very quick to judge those who judge.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Aw super cute! Thank you for posting that clip. I think our nightly news show had a small unseen clip as well though I could not find it anywhere. William is sitting there talking and Kate looks at him and starts brushing off dust and such from his suit I thought it was a cute moment but sadly I can't find it anywhere since.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Nobility

What a nice clip! I really enjoyed seeing that. Thanks for posting it.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Thanks for the video! It's very nice!! I like the way William tells Kate to breathe and how he encourages her!! They're a beautiful couple!!
I agree wholeheartedly with that, lovely how he pats her on her leg and encourages her. What a great couple
Old 11-30-2010, 03:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Aw super cute! Thank you for posting that clip. I think our nightly news show had a small unseen clip as well though I could not find it anywhere. William is sitting there talking and Kate looks at him and starts brushing off dust and such from his suit I thought it was a cute moment but sadly I can't find it anywhere since.
It on the second clip of this page

Old 11-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Really?! omg I did't watch the second clip on the page thank you soo much for letting me know I'll watch it as soon as I get home since im in class and can't watch it right now

ETA: yay it was the clip I had seen so happy I finally found it thank you!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Really?! omg I did't watch the second clip on the page thank you soo much for letting me know I'll watch it as soon as I get home since im in class and can't watch it right now

ETA: yay it was the clip I had seen so happy I finally found it thank you!!!
How lovely, she removed a hair from just behind his ear. Doesn't make it any less charming of course. Those little gestures are what makes things so special
Old 11-30-2010, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
How lovely, she removed a hair from just behind his ear. Doesn't make it any less charming of course. Those little gestures are what makes things so special
Exactly I know it's a small thing but it's such cute little gestures that make me love these two even more.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Don't know if this has been posted, but here's a video that shows a bit of unseen footage of William and Kate after their interview. It's a cute moment.

It's the first video, and it starts at around the 4:53 mark.
What a sweet and totally natural moment. But, while I think it showed a much more animated Kate and William for that matter, I think it stinks!

That clip was after the interview was over and they thought the cameras had stopped rolling and, in continuing to film and deciding to release it to the world, they broke faith with the BRF again.

Just as all those years ago when Charles, William and Harry agreed to give an interview on the slopes in return for being left in peace during their holiday. Some weasle left the microphone on before/after the interview and like most eavesdroppers, heard nothing good about himself.

So, it doesn't matter that the clip gives us a delightful glimpse of the Happy couple, it matters that they neither knew nor consented. Had that happened it would have been not only released on the day but it would have been the headline news of the day!
Old 11-30-2010, 08:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can't help thinking that William knew or at least suspected that some recording equipment might still be running, and that he would have made an issue of it only if Kate had said or done something outrageous. As it is she just did something endearing and it will enhance her image. He knows all their tricks and wouldn't really let his guard down till every one of the press people and their equipment was out the front gate.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Courtier

^lol, well said