The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Aristocracy

Talking

When I first heard this news last week I'll have to admit my first thought was "Squeeee! I can't believe it, finally!" I'm ready for all the speculation, planning, and hoopla surrounding the wedding. As it's now officially on a Friday and I'll be at work I'll have to see if any TV channels in the US are showing the wedding and setting up the DVR to catch all the fun.

I also think it's great that William used his mother's ring. I sure wouldn't have turned that gorgeous sapphire down! I also remember reading somewhere that the brothers had agreed to whomever married first would get the ring but I'm sure that's speculation.

I'm sure they will be happy as they are closer in age with similar interests and will make a great team. Catherine is also more mature than Diana at this stage and I'm sure she will not hesitate to ask for assistance if needed dealing with others. Not casting aspersions on Diana or Charles but this a different situation with maturity levels and life experience and they are more realistically facing challenges they may have in this marriage.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima View Post
Great suggestions! Or the royals could foot the bill for security too. Why not? They are cushioned from the harsh economic realities that the public have to suffer, through no fault of our own. And since most people in Britain are struggling to maintain their standard of living these days and fearing job losses and social welfare cutbacks, they are for the most part not actually very interested in this wedding. For the most part it seems like an awful waste of money.
So you're effectively saying you want this wedding to be private and not seen by anyone except the royals and relatives?
Can you imagine the outcry at that? The Public, and not just the british would be outraged if the royals decided to ban the public from seeing the wedding.
I don't see why William and Kate should be affected by what the government are doing, they don't tell parliament to slash millions of jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima View Post
Why should it be any different for the Royals? Think about how popular they would be if the Queen agreed to pay the security bill.
Think how unpopular they would be if they choose to not allow the public anywhere near the wedding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I, for one am thinking about how I can get to London. And I will need a hotel to stay and places to eat. So somebody is making some money.
Feel free to stay with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
how much will the Middletons contribute? Surely they cant afford to pay nearly as much as the royals? perhaps they will pay for their guests only?
It has been said, they will pay for the honeymoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
I like the date, Does anyone know if Catherine will have any event before wedding?
She will hopefully decide to take on some royal duties, to practice. However, there's no big royal event should could participate in.

Quote:
I have a question: before the engagement, when they used to vacation together, who would pay for Kate? Prince William?
That information will never be known.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Quote:
I have a question: before the engagement, when they used to vacation together, who would pay for Kate? Prince William?
That information will never be known.
And isn´t it irrelevant? I think they were like any other couple sharing the bill :) :) :)
Old 11-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Courtier

^yes well thank you for answering:)
Old 11-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Courtier

I have just realised I am gonna witness for the first time the wedding of a child of an heir to the throne. All other royal weddings I saw involved a crown prince/princess who married. So at least for me it going to be a historic wedding. The wedding of Charles and Diana was the first I saw and now I will hopefully see their son getting married. Very touching.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince William And Kate Middleton Will Wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey - AisleDash
Old 11-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if CBC or CTV or something like that will show the wedding live over here or will we have to wait and get a delayed broadcast like we did with Charles and Camilla

Oh and Kate is on every single weekly tabloid magazine this week

You know it's always upset me that we never got any footage or even a picture from Diana and Charles' wedding reception. I know Autumn and Peter released pictures from the reception but I doubt William will do that he'll prob keep with tradition. It's a shame I really like seeing the receptions from the crown prince/princess of europe.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I wonder if CBC or CTV or something like that will show the wedding live over here or will we have to wait and get a delayed broadcast like we did with Charles and Camilla

Oh and Kate is on every single weekly tabloid magazine this week

You know it's always upset me that we never got any footage or even a picture from Diana and Charles' wedding reception. I know Autumn and Peter released pictures from the reception but I doubt William will do that he'll prob keep with tradition. It's a shame I really like seeing the receptions from the crown prince/princess of europe.

The British don't include the public in the wedding breakfast believing that that is a private occasion. The tradition has been that we see the carriages arrive back at the palace and then some hours later see the balcony scene but nothing of what happens in between - and rightly so in my opinion.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Awesome its set in stone! April 29th a spring wedding will be wonderful. I shall set my clock to 5:00am to watch this ceremony it will be beautiful.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Awesome its set in stone! April 29th a spring wedding will be wonderful. I shall set my clock to 5:00am to watch this ceremony it will be beautiful.
Me and you both, although I might wake up even earlier to watch people arriving at the abbey lol! Well that will be a good excuse to explain to my teachers why I'm not in school...
Old 11-23-2010, 09:06 PM
Majesty

Fortunately it will be Friday night here and there are some good football games on that night - Swans are playing at the SCG for one thing. I know what I will be doing and it won't be watching a wedding on the other side of the world between the most boring couple I can remember for years. Maybe if they had married 5 years ago but now after they have been living together for years it is over the top. They should be having a quiet wedding not this as it isn't the start of anything but after they have been together for years - as Charles said 'they have been practising for long enough'. I also hope she doesn't have the gall to wear white.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

JonC93 it's the wedding many people have been waiting for!

If you miss school I'm sure your teachers will understand
Old 11-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Fortunately it will be Friday night here and there are some good football games on that night - Swans are playing at the SCG for one thing. I know what I will be doing and it won't be watching a wedding on the other side of the world between the most boring couple I can remember for years. Maybe if they had married 5 years ago but now after they have been living together for years it is over the top. They should be having a quiet wedding not this as it isn't the start of anything but after they have been together for years - as Charles said 'they have been practising for long enough'. I also hope she doesn't have the gall to wear white.
Well what color is she suppose to wear if she shouldn't "have the gall to wear white?"
Old 11-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Majesty

A rather expensive wedding if this estimate is correct

Royal wedding: marriage will cost economy £5bn - Telegraph

For a country in the economic mess of Britain can they really afford this cost to business?
Old 11-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Well what color is she suppose to wear if she shouldn't "have the gall to wear white?"

Cream, Light lemon, off white etc.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
WOW....just wow. Well enjoy your football so the rest of us can enjoy the wedding without being subjected to your disgust.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Cream, Light lemon, off white etc.
What century are we in again?
Old 11-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Ivory and cream are lovely options.

But light lemon? Good grief no. She isn't a circa. 1960's lavatory roll doll.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

The days of only virgin brides being allowed to wear white are thankfully behind us now. If Kate wants to wear white, she'll wear white and won't be because of "gall".

Allow me to echo Madame Royale's "good grief".
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 11-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
The days of only virgin brides being allowed to wear white are thankfully behind us now. If Kate wants to wear white, she'll wear white and won't be because of "gall".

Allow me to echo Madame Royale's "good grief".
I so agree with you! and boring couple oh yes truly boring yet if they were over the top scandalous we'd be here criticizing them again! They can't win and quiet wedding? You honestly believed Prince William's wedding wasn't going to be a spectacle and a celebration? btw Sister Morphine this wasn't directed at you but do another member but I am agreeing with you with your comments