The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Given Sarah's track record of never saying anything inappropriate about the BRF, I don't think they'd really mind if she did the commentary. She'd be getting back on her feet again and reporting things correctly rather than saying that the Queen is Victoria's grand daughter kind of thing.

I see the problem with her attending the wedding as a problem as to how do we seat her? Do we put her with Andrew and her daughters? Do we put her furthur back? Do we seat her as family or a guest? I think the tabloids would have a field day with this one too.
Yes, but there are many people that are well qualified to be Royal commentators that are not connected so intimately as an ex-wife and mother to members of the Royal family. Not that anyone is offering her that opportunity, but if they did I would cringe in fear of her accepting.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Serene Highness

I don't know...She attended the Queen Mum's Funeral and they were able to figure it out. I think the same thing will be followed if Sarah's invited to the Wedding.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:16 AM
Commoner

I'm very happy for both Prince William and Kate and I wish them all the best luck .

Prince Harry
Old 11-23-2010, 12:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Prince Khalid View Post
I'm very happy for both Prince William and Kate and I wish them all the best luck .
Welcome to TRF! I absolutely love your avatar with Harry and the puppy! They're both gingers.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I was watching ET Canada and they interview a friend of Kate's and she said Kate and William want a summer wedding so idk..maybe all the reports of an April wedding are false? Guess we'll have to wait and see!
Old 11-23-2010, 05:16 AM
Administrator

Did I miss this interview...I don't exactly watch Extra but apparently William and Kate told no one they were engaged until the day of the announcement:

"Kate's brother and sister were told that she got engaged just three hours before it was announced publicly," Bashir said, despite the fact the pair has reportedly been engaged since October. "They told virtually nobody."

Read more: Kate Middleton's Siblings Didn't Know She Was Engaged | Extra
Kate Middleton's Siblings Didn't Know She Was Engaged | Extra

Old 11-23-2010, 06:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince William and Kate Middleton will marry next April | Mail Online

There we have it folks... :)

I stilll think it'll be the 28th... I do love how Wills and Kate are taking command of their own day.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:53 AM
Aristocracy

I liked to read the part on how many people were consulted...!

Old 11-23-2010, 06:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphoenyx View Post
I liked to read the part on how many people were consulted...!
To be honest, I really don't think either William or Kate would really feel slighted in the least if some of the bigwigs such as the Obamas couldn't make it for that day.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:15 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

April 29th is the name day for Saint Catherine of Siena.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Courtier

It's Friday April 29th !

Kate Middleton and Prince William fix Royal wedding date for April 29 | Mail Online

And the ceremony will be at Westminster Abbey.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...ate_And_Venue_

Old 11-23-2010, 07:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
April 29th is the name day for Saint Catherine of Siena.
Hmm, coincidence?
Old 11-23-2010, 07:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The Royal Family will pay for the wedding, following the precedence set by the marriages of The Prince and Princess of Wales in 1981 and Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip in 1947.
Welcome to Facebook
Old 11-23-2010, 08:25 AM
Heir Apparent

A fair few bank holidays in April and May next year: 2 for Easter, 1 for the wedding, 2 of the usual May bank holidays.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:56 AM
Serene Highness

Weeeeee, I have told my teamleader that I have to have free on the 29th April 2011 and she said: "Yes, of course, otherwise youŽll be a pain in the b***"
Old 11-23-2010, 09:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Hmm, coincidence?
Maybe they did know, and choose that date
Old 11-23-2010, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Weeeeee, I have told my teamleader that I have to have free on the 29th April 2011 and she said: "Yes, of course, otherwise youŽll be a pain in the b***"
You're lucky Benedikte, I'm free from April 30 till May 9.. But maybe I'll find a way.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Was just about to turn off my computer but checking links to find details of N. and S. Korea firing at each other, the news scrolled that the date is set for April 29th. Its a Friday and with a bank holiday, that makes for a long weekend!

Anyone out there want a free husband that does dishes and laundry for a few days? Must warn you though he's addicted to a remote.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Aristocracy

I thought right from the beginning that a spring wedding would be great And we don`t have to wait so long. I`m glad that the royal family and the Middletons will pay for the wedding. It might prevent at least a bit malicious comments about wasting taxpayers money.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monna View Post
I thought right from the beginning that a spring wedding would be great And we don`t have to wait so long. I`m glad that the royal family and the Middletons will pay for the wedding. It might prevent at least a bit malicious comments about wasting taxpayers money.
The royal family were always going to pay for the wedding, so I think this was a moot point.