The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I'll be bad luck for Kate if it rains and she's in an open carriage!
Me thinks if it rains there will be back up plan with a closed carriage and/or the Rolls.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Serene Highness

It rained on the Queen and Prince Phillip on their Wedding Day and the Coronation IIRC, so...Who's to say if it's lucky or unlucky to get married on a rainy day. What matters is the couple who is getting married and their relationship, not the weather.

Although in this case, that helps w/the tourist dollars, so...

Old 11-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Nobility

Actually, rain on your wedding day is thought to be a lucky omen! Maybe William and Catherine wouldn't mind a few raindrops.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
bad luck for us because with all the covers and umbrellas we wont be able to see a thing...........

Old 11-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Courtier

I second that and I am selfish enough to say that I want to see as much as possible, I don't like umbrellas obstructing my view.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Why Skippy it sounds like you are planning a trip to England?!

I know I am and hope they pick a day, although as KittyAltanta has mentioned. Possible dates have already seen an increase in prices. Darn it...

Old 11-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Courtier

I was talking about them blocking the TV camreas... but I wish i could go to England.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Why Skippy it sounds like you are planning a trip to England?!

I know I am and hope they pick a day, although as KittyAltanta has mentioned. Possible dates have already seen an increase in prices. Darn it...
Well, no, I am not planning a trip at all. I'll watch it on television.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
I was talking about them blocking the TV camreas... but I wish i could go to England.
That's what I meant as well, blocking the view.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate and William's wedding date fever mounts | The Sun |News
Old 11-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Goodness....we are already on page 51 and we don't have a date yet.

I feel like getting a Tshirt... My parents went to England...and all I got was 51 pages in a thread and a bunch of lousy articles!

Old 11-22-2010, 05:30 PM
Serene Highness

Old 11-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is nothing -- the threads about if they'd get married at all ran into the hundreds of pages!
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 11-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Aristocracy

Yea, I couldn't keep up with reading all... As soon as I received a notification, and clicked on the link, there were already several pages written

Old 11-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Courtier

I like how Kate&William really do things their own way! In stead of buying a new ring, Wills re-used Diana's because that's what he felt was right. In stead of making this a wedding for world's head of states and royalty, they want to make it more personal and with more "brits", chairmans of William's patronages, and I also like the idea that they didn't necessarily want to get married in summer, but asap (March, April).
Old 11-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Courtier

Anyone think the announcement will be tomorrow for the venue and date? The Queen leaves on Wednesday, so if it isn't announced it will probably have to wait until next week. :(
Old 11-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Anyone think the announcement will be tomorrow for the venue and date? The Queen leaves on Wednesday, so if it isn't announced it will probably have to wait until next week. :(
My bet is on April 28th at the Abbey.

I would imagine too that if it is that Thursday and a bank holiday, there will be a lot of folks that will be applying for the next day off too and really have a long weekend! I know I would.

As far as Sarah attending the wedding... I could see her being invited to the ceremony but excluded from the goings on at Buck House after the ceremony. With that being said, I also think that as this wedding most likely will be covered by US television channels, having Sarah, Duchess of York as a commentator and filling in on little details would be a very lucrative money making opportunity for Sarah. I would be willing to be she'd take the commentary job over just being at the ceremony as a guest any day.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Commoner

You know... it could be April 26th. It's the day George VI and QEQM were married back in 1923.
We'll have a date sometime this week...I hope.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
As far as Sarah attending the wedding... I could see her being invited to the ceremony but excluded from the goings on at Buck House after the ceremony. With that being said, I also think that as this wedding most likely will be covered by US television channels, having Sarah, Duchess of York as a commentator and filling in on little details would be a very lucrative money making opportunity for Sarah. I would be willing to be she'd take the commentary job over just being at the ceremony as a guest any day.
1) I think Sarah would take being invited to the wedding over being a commentator any day
2) I think no one in the royal family would want Sarah as a commentator, and this may play a role in their decision of whether to invite her

On another note, I think it would be lovely if William and Kate were married on George VI and the Queen Mother's anniversary!
Old 11-22-2010, 10:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
1) I think Sarah would take being invited to the wedding over being a commentator any day
2) I think no one in the royal family would want Sarah as a commentator, and this may play a role in their decision of whether to invite her

On another note, I think it would be lovely if William and Kate were married on George VI and the Queen Mother's anniversary!
Sarah Ferguson as a commentator at her Nephew's wedding? Ummmm NO. This would be tacky, inappropriate, completely disrespectful and outrageously stupid....which is why she would probably do it if given the opportunity.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Sarah Ferguson as a commentator at her Nephew's wedding? Ummmm NO. This would be tacky, inappropriate, completely disrespectful and outrageously stupid....which is why she would probably do it if given the opportunity.
Given Sarah's track record of never saying anything inappropriate about the BRF, I don't think they'd really mind if she did the commentary. She'd be getting back on her feet again and reporting things correctly rather than saying that the Queen is Victoria's grand daughter kind of thing.

I see the problem with her attending the wedding as a problem as to how do we seat her? Do we put her with Andrew and her daughters? Do we put her furthur back? Do we seat her as family or a guest? I think the tabloids would have a field day with this one too.