Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has a preference but I find Kate far prettier than Mary. She appeals to me more for some reason.

Mary is certainly a fitting crown princess and has a lovely family.

How is the weather in London in April??? To me it sounds like an extremly rainy month..... or to ask the question differently: which month in Britain has the least rain :lol:????
Rain at the wedding would mean to "somehow destroy" parts of the wedding and less visitors, which would be a shame of course (see Felipe/Letizia, whereas it was just raining, when the bride entered the church and stopped afterwards)
BYe Bine

That is one thing that no one can predict. However I would say there best bet is for the summer months. June-August.

Prince William reportedly wants April 28 wedding date

They wanted to get marry on April 28th Thursday not weekend..

It says that the government would prefer mid-May because on 1st May there is a referendum about voting reform. Personally, I should have thought that April 28th would put people in a more positive frame of mind just before a referendum! My alternative comment is that William should tell the government where it can put it's preferences - particularly on a cloudy day.:whistling:

Claridges has boosted the room only charge to BPS610 per night (room only) beginning the week before the April 28 date. Generally, this hotel runs around BPS299-310 per night. Hummmmmmmmmm...

How is the weather in London in April??? To me it sounds like an extremly rainy month..... or to ask the question differently: which month in Britain has the least rain :lol:????
Rain at the wedding would mean to "somehow destroy" parts of the wedding and less visitors, which would be a shame of course (see Felipe/Letizia, whereas it was just raining, when the bride entered the church and stopped afterwards)
BYe Bine

The end of April can be absolutely beautiful parts of Britain - the leaves are coming out, spring flowers everywhere, warm but not hot sunshine. It's no ore likely to rain in April than June, July or August if the last few years are to go by.

Anyway, it's good luck for the bride if it rains on her wedding day.

I'll be bad luck for Kate if it rains and she's in an open carriage!

It rained on the Queen and Prince Phillip on their Wedding Day and the Coronation IIRC, so...Who's to say if it's lucky or unlucky to get married on a rainy day. What matters is the couple who is getting married and their relationship, not the weather.

Although in this case, that helps w/the tourist dollars, so... ;)

:previous:Actually, rain on your wedding day is thought to be a lucky omen! Maybe William and Catherine wouldn't mind a few raindrops.

I second that and I am selfish enough to say that I want to see as much as possible, I don't like umbrellas obstructing my view.

Why Skippy it sounds like you are planning a trip to England?!

I know I am and hope they pick a day, although as KittyAltanta has mentioned. Possible dates have already seen an increase in prices. Darn it...

I was talking about them blocking the TV camreas... but I wish i could go to England.

Why Skippy it sounds like you are planning a trip to England?!

I know I am and hope they pick a day, although as KittyAltanta has mentioned. Possible dates have already seen an increase in prices. Darn it...

Well, no, I am not planning a trip at all. I'll watch it on television.

I was talking about them blocking the TV camreas... but I wish i could go to England.

That's what I meant as well, blocking the view.

Last edited:
Goodness....we are already on page 51 and we don't have a date yet.

I feel like getting a Tshirt... My parents went to England...and all I got was 51 pages in a thread and a bunch of lousy articles!

This is nothing -- the threads about if they'd get married at all ran into the hundreds of pages!

Yea, I couldn't keep up with reading all... As soon as I received a notification, and clicked on the link, there were already several pages written :bang::D

I like how Kate&William really do things their own way! In stead of buying a new ring, Wills re-used Diana's because that's what he felt was right. In stead of making this a wedding for world's head of states and royalty, they want to make it more personal and with more "brits", chairmans of William's patronages, and I also like the idea that they didn't necessarily want to get married in summer, but asap (March, April).

Anyone think the announcement will be tomorrow for the venue and date? The Queen leaves on Wednesday, so if it isn't announced it will probably have to wait until next week. :(

Anyone think the announcement will be tomorrow for the venue and date? The Queen leaves on Wednesday, so if it isn't announced it will probably have to wait until next week. :(

My bet is on April 28th at the Abbey.

I would imagine too that if it is that Thursday and a bank holiday, there will be a lot of folks that will be applying for the next day off too and really have a long weekend! I know I would.

As far as Sarah attending the wedding... I could see her being invited to the ceremony but excluded from the goings on at Buck House after the ceremony. With that being said, I also think that as this wedding most likely will be covered by US television channels, having Sarah, Duchess of York as a commentator and filling in on little details would be a very lucrative money making opportunity for Sarah. I would be willing to be she'd take the commentary job over just being at the ceremony as a guest any day.

You know... it could be April 26th. It's the day George VI and QEQM were married back in 1923.
We'll have a date sometime this week...I hope.

As far as Sarah attending the wedding... I could see her being invited to the ceremony but excluded from the goings on at Buck House after the ceremony. With that being said, I also think that as this wedding most likely will be covered by US television channels, having Sarah, Duchess of York as a commentator and filling in on little details would be a very lucrative money making opportunity for Sarah. I would be willing to be she'd take the commentary job over just being at the ceremony as a guest any day.

1) I think Sarah would take being invited to the wedding over being a commentator any day
2) I think no one in the royal family would want Sarah as a commentator, and this may play a role in their decision of whether to invite her

On another note, I think it would be lovely if William and Kate were married on George VI and the Queen Mother's anniversary!

1) I think Sarah would take being invited to the wedding over being a commentator any day
2) I think no one in the royal family would want Sarah as a commentator, and this may play a role in their decision of whether to invite her

On another note, I think it would be lovely if William and Kate were married on George VI and the Queen Mother's anniversary!

Sarah Ferguson as a commentator at her Nephew's wedding? Ummmm NO. This would be tacky, inappropriate, completely disrespectful and outrageously stupid....which is why she would probably do it if given the opportunity. :bang:

Sarah Ferguson as a commentator at her Nephew's wedding? Ummmm NO. This would be tacky, inappropriate, completely disrespectful and outrageously stupid....which is why she would probably do it if given the opportunity. :bang:

Given Sarah's track record of never saying anything inappropriate about the BRF, I don't think they'd really mind if she did the commentary. She'd be getting back on her feet again and reporting things correctly rather than saying that the Queen is Victoria's grand daughter kind of thing.

I see the problem with her attending the wedding as a problem as to how do we seat her? Do we put her with Andrew and her daughters? Do we put her furthur back? Do we seat her as family or a guest? I think the tabloids would have a field day with this one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom