Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok am happy for both kate and will but has she prove herself worthy of being a future queen also diana did have a job i think kate work for her parent anyway she is the first future queen of england who were not born into aristocracy which is good hope they name of their child diana after the people's princess god bless them both

hope they name of their child diana after the people's princess god bless them both

If they have a daughter I would well imagine she will have Diana as one of her middle names, but I don't see it being her first name.

I wonder where Harry is and what he is tinking or has to say about this?

If they have a daughter I would well imagine she will have Diana as one of her middle names, but I don't see it being her first name.

Yeah that's what I think. I don't think William or Harry would name their daughters Diana because of the comparison that would come with having such a name.

Did anyone else feel very nostalgic when you saw Diana's engagement ring on Kate? And then get a little weepy. I remember his parents' wedding. So long ago.

So happy for them and for us.
A beautiful couple, in love and happy and both are
intelligent.
They will also have lots of time to be together and raise a family.

I am very impressed by Kate from the interview. Although she seemed nervous (understandable), she answered the questions and looked charming doing it. She has such a beautiful voice. I am very happy for William and Kate!!

I wish them a long and happy life together.

Well, slap me silly and call me Millie! :) Hot dang it, they did it! I like Kate's voice a lot. Did she dye her hair? It looks ..... black. I like it.

Did anyone else feel very nostalgic when you saw Diana's engagement ring on Kate? And then get a little weepy. I remember his parents' wedding. So long ago.

No, I didn't feel nostalgic at all. I had hoped she would have had her own ring.:eek:

im so depressed and shocked at the same time.....moreso than when Prince Albert announced his engagement to charlene....

Why are you depressed?

i know.....i was somewhat hoping that he would find someone else....because it kept going and going......and also depressed that i havent found love in my life to keep me occupied..

Congrats to Kate and William!!! I honestly wasn't a fond of Kate but after seeing her speak I really kinda liked her! I thought she was very down to earth and really likable.

wonder how she will manage once she eventually becomes HM Queen Catherine

I don't agree with the part where she said that the only people who matters to her are her close friends and family. I kinda get her point, but I think she definitely should care about what the british people think of her!!!!

But that's just my opinion!!!

Congrats to Kate and William!!! I honestly wasn't a fond of Kate but after seeing her speak I really kinda liked her! I thought she was very down to earth and really likable.

I totally agree. There is sometime really likeable about her and the way the interact with each other is very sweet. This certainly seems to be a couple who knows each other well, is very comfortable together, are good friends and compliment each other well. They both mentioned ways they support and help each other and it sounds like their relationship is a mutually reciprocal one.

I am very surprised that she has Diana's ring, well I guess now her ring. I know it is sentimental but I would have thought she would have wanted a more modern style.

I am very surprised that she has Diana's ring, well I guess now her ring.

Yes, let's hope it eventually becomes known as "Kate's Ring". Kind of awful if she has to wear it the rest of her life and not have it called her own. It would have been a nice compromise if Prince William had had the stones re-cut and mounted on a new ring. The sentiment would have been there still but the ring would be more "theirs". So much news coverage here (USA) is harping on the ring association that the rest of the story and the participants are being overshadowed.

I am very surprised that she has Diana's ring, well I guess now her ring. I know it is sentimental but I would have thought she would have wanted a more modern style.

I still say I think it's very sweet to have his mother's ring. That is what I have, also. My husband's mother died when he was 21, and when he proposed he gave me her ring and I love it.

I think she is very poised and doing very well in front of the media, especially considering this kind of attention is new to her. I thought they both seemed very happy and in love, but keeping some dignity in front of the media, as is appropriate.

I love how honest that interview was...I wasn't expecting that! She held her own very well and I like that they weren't so stiff and serious throughout. Also like that she wasn't happy about that one breakup - very candid moment.

Passing down Diana's ring was a nice idea, very traditional...

I can understand how some people might not like the idea of William giving Kate that ring, but the ring obviously means a lot to him and so does she. He wants a part of who he is (his mother) to be with her. I think it's beautiful, romantic, all those things. I would bet if Diana was alive, she'd still get that ring anyway.

Besides, it's Kate's ring now. It may continue to be passed down through their children and their children's children.....so forth and so on. A new history can be made with that piece of jewelry.

i know.....i was somewhat hoping that he would find someone else....because it kept going and going......and also depressed that i havent found love in my life to keep me occupied..

Awww

ilovemonaco, don't despair because sometimes you find love in the most unexpected places. Maybe you aren't looking in the right direction. It could be behind you and just around the corner?

I really hope they get married @ St. George's. I know there will be people who will say it's too small to have such a wedding, but I stand by this. I always hoped this would be the venue for William's wedding. I really liked the style of Edward and Sophie's wedding. That seems like what William and Kate -- oh, sorry, I mean Catherine:D prefer.

How could they stand to get married at the Abbey?Where Diana's funeral service was? That's so depressing!!!! And no way, they can't get married at St. Paul's. It's too much.

You don't need a man or a love in your life to keep you occupied. I'm single right now, but I'm back in school, I have my friends and family......lots of things for me to do. Pinning your happiness on a relationship is foolhardy and will only lead you to sadness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom