Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an american woman talking on BBC about how the wedding is being talked about more than some big corruption trial.

In the BRF. Due to most European Princess' being much older.

Princess Anne was 23, QE2 was 21. Sarah was 27.
However Sophie was 34 when she married Edward.

Last edited:
Bless them both - bless William for remembering his mother in such a loving way, and bless Catherine for her generosity of heart in not scorning his choice of ring.

Her engagment ring...does it just look like Diana's or is it Diana's?

Ok, just read a comment...I guess it IS Diana's ring. That's sweet!

There's an american woman talking on BBC about how the wedding is being talked about more than some big corruption trial.

I'd rather hear about an engagement than some corruption trial right now. :flowers: Besides it's happy news! Kate and William are finally engaged after 8 years of dating. It's a happy time for the nation and commonwealth and both families.

Her engagment ring...does it just look like Diana's or is it Diana's?

It is Diana's. William said he gave it to her so his mom doesn't miss out on all the excitement.

Not really. If you go to the major news networks/newspapers' websites, the headline and breaking news is about Charles Rangel. He has bumped Wills and Kate to second story.

I watched some of the American news videos this morning and found some mistakes. Good Morning America's George Stephanopoulos said Charles and Diana wed in Westminster Abbey instead of St. Paul (probably just misspoke). But the royal watcher on that show or the Today Show said that we will need to address her as "Lady Catherine" now :eek:. Did Mr. Middleton get a peerage? Any good royal watcher would know ;) her title changes comes after marriage and she will be known as "Princess William of Wales" or more likely "Duchess of ..." when QEII gives Wills a dukedom

We don't need "another Diana", we've already had one and will always have her. Good or bad let her be Kate!

I have to say I was surprised he gave her his Mother's ring as I thought it was left for Harry. But after hearing what he said I think it's a sweet gesture. Since she has the ring though I hope she won't wear the Spencer tiara....that would be too much IMO.

Congratulations to the couple, as well as to their respective families.

This is wonderful news.Best wishes to the couple.
I see that William did give Catherine his mother's ring,a way for Diana to be part of this celebration.
I knew that William asked for his mother's ring right after she died,and suspected that he may give it to his bride-to-be.
I think that Katherine will have a choice of tiaras;the Spencer tiara is property of the Spencers and probably won't be one of the choices.

Last edited:
^ Go back a page to see what we're referring to NotAPretender.

Congratulations to Prince William and Kate!
I am touched he gave her Diana's ring. Much as he defended his mother he will defend and protect Kate.

He is a wonderful young man, a testament to his mother
!

:britflag::king::queen:

Just seen Michael and Carole on the telly, and Michael was reading from a piece of paper with typed words on it.

There's a thing on now about Commoner to Queen and Kate's background.

I check my email before getting out of bed every morning (thank goodness for smartphones) and first thing I saw today was the breaking news alert from CNN. It was very good news to start the day!

I did raise an eyebrow at the news that William gave Kate his mother's engagement, but I can understand his reasons for it. I lost my mother when I was 14, and I wish I had a way of including her when I get married. I also suspect that he used Diana's ring because the rest of Kate's jewelry will be coming from the Queen.

BBC say she is the first commoner that dont comes from aristocracy or monarchy. Was Diana aristocracy?

BBC say she is the first commoner that dont comes from aristocracy or monarchy. Was Diana aristocracy?

Diana was a descendent of two royal british families James and Stuart I believe. She had plenty of british royal blood!

Congratulations to them both. :rose:
Although I have had my reservations about Kate, it's obvious they are very much in love and she is a very beautiful young woman. I'm really not that surprised that he gave her his mother's ring. Whether or not it holds bad memories for what happened to Charles and Diana...it deserves a chance to be associated with a happy marriage and I think that William and Kate will have that.

Thank goodness he didn't utter a "Whatever Love Is" type comment.

Has anyone seen or heard any comments from Prince Harry?

does the queen and the goverment need to aprive the mariige for william and kate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom