Education of the Cambridge Children, Part 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first day involved a lot of vomiting on the classroom floor, but I got used to being there.

Oh Dman, was it that bad? I actually can't remember my first day, must have blacked it out!

Oh Dman, was it that bad? I actually can't remember my first day, must have blacked it out!

Yeah, I just couldn't handle my mother leaving me there alone. She stayed with me for a while, but when she left, I cried and cried until I messed up the floor. I felt embarrassed in the end though. The next day was much better.

George did very well today...from what we saw from outside.

I hated my children starting school hated them going back after holidays. Other mums would be at the gate saying yippee their back at school and I'd be the one crying.

My son was more upset than my daughters who were much more matter of fact about everything. Because our holidays were always spent dashing about I was exhausted by the end of them!

We know he goes by George Cambridge at school

This makes me happy solely because awhile ago I speculated that George would use Cambridge as a surname and someone corrected me and said he would use Wales because of William's uniform during his helicopter days . ?

This makes me happy solely because awhile ago I speculated that George would use Cambridge as a surname and someone corrected me and said he would use Wales because of William's uniform during his helicopter days . ?

Nice to have a win sometimes isn't it [emoji253]

I wonder will Prince George and Maud Windsor be in the same class. She started at Thomas's Today.

Why would George use Wales as a surname anyway? He's not Charles's son. George and Maud might be classmates. It might leak out later if they are.

Nice to have a win sometimes isn't it [emoji253]

haha. Yes. So much of our speculation deals with things behind closed doors, that we'll never get a real answer for. Or we speculate about things that might happen decades from now, and by then who remembers or cares. So when little black-and-white answers appear every so often, you go -> :cool:.

Anyways, I hope this was a one-off today and the cameras will give George his distance. Even looking at todays pictures made me feel bad for him.

Poor guy, he did seem a bit uncertain and shy about it all. He's very wary of the cameras , not that I blame him.

LaRae

I didn't have the impression they allowed a lot of camera's. His arrival was captured on video and on camera, but seemed rather sheltered apart from that and no attention-seeking nor interaction either. So, to me that seems quite appropriate for the little prince. Would have been nice to see him arrive with Maud Windsor though (not realistic, but still nice).

I'd be surprised if George even knows who Maud is

Maybe he'll get to know her though at school. Will make those times all the extended families get together more fun for the two of them if they already know each other. :D

Aww, he did look a bit uncertain of things. A bummer Kate didn't feel well enough to see him off for his first day too. First day of school is something you wouldn't want to miss as a mother, poor thing. I have a feeling Charlotte will probably march through those gates like a little boss.

I remember at my first time at school, I wanted to be back with my mom. And she took me straight back home haha. Just wanted to continue playing at home for a little while more.

I'd be surprised if George even knows who Maud is

Id be confused if he didn't. The family gets together, kids included, certain events every year. Like trooping and of course the big Christmas party. Fred and his wife attend both. Considering Maude and George are the same age, they probably end up playing together as naturally children do when in family events with kids of similar age.

Great to see him start school. A bit nervous but sure that will change. Will likely do better now he knows a few students. Hopefully things with media can die down after first day and he can arrive like any other student. It cant help the nerves when he is held apart as different. School is where he gets to be a normal kid for now.

I am sure Kate is sad but she will be happy to hear his stories when he comes home from school. She did get to take him to his first day of school before when in preschool. It should be easier this time even with nerves. Kids seem to deal better with school when they are used to being away from home. I know my mom said I barely said bye to her at the door as I not only attended preschool for two years before kindergarten but had experience with things like babysitters and activities. I knew mommy and daddy could leave and they would come back. And often had more fun when gone.

Poor guy, he did seem a bit uncertain and shy about it all. He's very wary of the cameras , not that I blame him.

LaRae

He surely does not seem to like cameras. I remember hearing once that when
William was a little boy he told his mother that "I hate camera (or photographers) " and she told him to get used to them because they would be around him the rest of his life :lol: George always looks perplexed when he sees cameras and I have often wondered what is going through his mind.

That picture really is adorable. William and George posing in the same manner and his happy smile are worth listing in a frame at their home.

He surely does not seem to like cameras. I remember hearing once that when
William was a little boy he told his mother that "I hate camera (or photographers) " and she told him to get used to them because they would be around him the rest of his life :lol: George always looks perplexed when he sees cameras and I have often wondered what is going through his mind.

I think William called them 'tographers' ..'don't like tographers!'

LaRae

That picture really is adorable. William and George posing in the same manner and his happy smile are worth listing in a frame at their home.

I agree...that is a lovely pic.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to share a photograph of The Duke and Prince George at Kensington Palace this morning. The image was taken shortly before Prince George left for his first day of school at Thomas's Battersea.
Their Royal Highnesses are delighted to share this lovely picture as Prince George starts school, and would like to thank everyone for all of the kind messages they have received."

Sweet ,cute George!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYvtTarABuP/?taken-by=kensingtonroyal

What a nice photo! Makes me think it wasn't the photographer at school as much as just the unfamiliar surroundings making George a bit less confident. Totally understandable.

I think its a combination. Not the first time we have seen George uncomfortable with photographers. But the difference with this photo is that he was at home and was likely well prepared for the photo by dad. And likely just one or two quick photos, photo shoot style. Very different then what he faced at school. Its hard enough going through the nerves of first day at new school, without the click of a camera and video camera.

Adorable photo with dad. :flowers:

"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to share a photograph of The Duke and Prince George at Kensington Palace this morning. The image was taken shortly before Prince George left for his first day of school at Thomas's Battersea.
Their Royal Highnesses are delighted to share this lovely picture as Prince George starts school, and would like to thank everyone for all of the kind messages they have received."

Sweet ,cute George!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYvtTarABuP/?taken-by=kensingtonroyal

What an adorable photo. George looks pretty happy to be off on a new adventure. I think, when he got to school, the crowds and clicking of the cameras threw him off a bit. It's understandable.

As for little Maud . . . I'm sure she and George are already pals and will be happy together at school. And I really hope we DON'T see a photo of them together. The media should agree to leave George alone at his school and I think they will. There were no photos of George at his pre-school after that first day.

As for little Maud . . . I'm sure she and George are already pals and will be happy together at school. And I really hope we DON'T see a photo of them together. The media should agree to leave George alone at his school and I think they will. There were no photos of George at his pre-school after that first day.

I wonder who chose that particular school first, the Cambridges, or Frederick and his wife?
It would be quite a coincidence if neither set of parents knew about the others.

My first day involved a lot of vomiting on the classroom floor, but I got used to being there.

Vomiting in classrooms . I did that too but years later in 8th grade . I was sick and the class was over but my stupid idiot of a teacher wouldn't let me leave for the bathroom and told me to wait for the bell :bang: Well , the sink in the classroom became my target . Your fault , I wasn't bluffing

Vomiting in classrooms . I did that too but years later in 8th grade . I was sick and the class was over but my stupid idiot of a teacher wouldn't let me leave for the bathroom and told me to wait for the bell :bang: Well , the sink in the classroom became my target . Your fault , I wasn't bluffing

Lol, the things we've been through.

Prince Charles on grandson George's first day at school - ITV News

Prince Charles comments on George's first day of school.

I like William's comment in the article about how one of George's classmates had a bit more first day jitters and he, (William), was relieved George hadn't wound up being that kid. There should be a word for the combined feeling of sympathy and relief all the other parents in a group feel when their kid is not the one crying/flailing on the floor/biting/throwing sand/refusing to share or whatever, (until next time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom