Education of the Cambridge Children, Part 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it might be an idea to get George thru reception class before we decide on his secondary education.

Yeah I think Kate and William are going to go the next step past where Diana & Charles went.

LaRae

I had thought that but a couple of things make me wonder if that will be the case. I might have to wait for Harry and Meghan and little Harry junior to that.

I had thought that but a couple of things make me wonder if that will be the case. I might have to wait for Harry and Meghan and little Harry junior to that.

I think W&K are going to send their kids to as 'normal' a school (upper class Brit) as they can..co-ed all the way or as much as possible, I'm not sure if the upper levels have the co-ed schools.

LaRae

One thing we can pretty much guarantee is that W&K will not go with a method that is gaining popularity as time passes. Home schooling. The BRF had been there for a long while, done that and have ditched it. :D

Last edited:
Education of the Cambridge Children

I think it might be an idea to get George thru reception class before we decide on his secondary education.

Exactly people need to relax. George is 4 and Charlotte is 2. They need to be able to become their own person. Once their parents knows about their strengths and weaknesses they can pick a school best for each child.

Everyone had George following William's educational path then the Cambridges picked a totally different primary school for George. Eton could be an excellent fit for George or it may not. I have full trust that the Cambridges will do the best for each of their children when the time comes.

But secondary education is the most important to be co-ed. What a great statement they could make co-ed and no boarding school.

Perhaps I should clarify. Most secondary schools in the UK, boarding or not, are single sex schools. In that case, how would you like them to make the "great statement", assuming they agree with your view?

'Statements' are NOT to be made with things as important as ones Children's education..

Reactions: hel
The thing is that right now, with the choice that William and Kate have made, they know George (and eventually Charlotte) will be attending a school with a reputation for excellence and trust that the educators will get to know their children, what their needs are and will be able to advise the parents of what will be the best route to go into further education based on the child's skill set and aptitudes.

One thing I can be pretty sure of is that with Will & Kate being so hands on with their parenting, they are also going to be very involved in their children's education.

I do have to giggle though at the thought of Kate being so very hands on that she volunteers for duty as a lunch lady. Then again, she just might do that. :D

Catherine would fit in beautifully, Osipi...

Exactly people need to relax. George is 4 and Charlotte is 2. They need to be able to become their own person. Once their parents knows about their strengths and weaknesses they can pick a school best for each child.

Everyone had George following William's educational path then the Cambridges picked a totally different primary school for George. Eton could be an excellent fit for George or it may not. I have full trust that the Cambridges will do the best for each of their children when the time comes.

Completely different? Yes technically different school. But you make it sound like they chose drastically different education route. They chose the same kind of upscale pre prep school William went to not a real change. And if charlotte had been a boy, they quite likely would have gone to Williams old school.

I would be shoved, unless something like a learning disability like Bea comes up, if they don't follow tradition. For all the talk of the couple bring so modern, they having really bucked much tradition. Parents tend to choose to follow certain things they enjoyed in their own childhood. Both Kate she Will enjoyed boarding school, it's not a far stretch to think they will send their kids.

Honestly when you are a royal it makes sense. Especially for British royals. William when he is Prince of Wales will be on road a lot more then he is now and his wife. When the kids are in school they can't accompany their parents, and would be home with nannies long stretches. Boarding schools offer a more stable situation.

I do think

1 will be older when start boarding school then William. Likely Eton age,

2 will spend more weekends at home. Or parent visits.

Education of the Cambridge Children

Completely different? Yes technically different school. But you make it sound like they chose drastically different education route. They chose the same kind of upscale pre prep school William went to not a real change. And if charlotte had been a boy, they quite likely would have gone to Williams old school.

I would be shoved, unless something like a learning disability like Bea comes up, if they don't follow tradition. For all the talk of the couple bring so modern, they having really bucked much tradition. Parents tend to choose to follow certain things they enjoyed in their own childhood. Both Kate she Will enjoyed boarding school, it's not a far stretch to think they will send their kids.

Honestly when you are a royal it makes sense. Especially for British royals. William when he is Prince of Wales will be on road a lot more then he is now and his wife. When the kids are in school they can't accompany their parents, and would be home with nannies long stretches. Boarding schools offer a more stable situation.

I do think

I was only commenting on prior to actual announcement of what school George was going to no one was saying Thomas. Most everyone was thinking Wetherby.

The Daily Mail was last December-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...Prince-George-s-6-500-term-London-school.html

No mention of Thomas.

I don't think that anyone thinks that George or Charlotte were going to be sent to some state funded school in some underprivileged area of London.

As for Coed vs same sex, George is going to be growing up with a little sister unlike his father and uncle Harry. He going to be exposed to girls with his sister, his sister's friends plus he has a bunch of girl cousins in Mia, Savannah, Isla. William basically only had Zara.

Last edited:
The thing is that right now, with the choice that William and Kate have made, they know George (and eventually Charlotte) will be attending a school with a reputation for excellence and trust that the educators will get to know their children, what their needs are and will be able to advise the parents of what will be the best route to go into further education based on the child's skill set and aptitudes.

One thing I can be pretty sure of is that with Will & Kate being so hands on with their parenting, they are also going to be very involved in their children's education.

I do have to giggle though at the thought of Kate being so very hands on that she volunteers for duty as a lunch lady. Then again, she just might do that. :D

I can see her being very involved, she always seems quite eager to join in with the kids when she attends various engagements.

Lunch lady duty...do parents volunteer for that sort of thing now days?

LaRae

I was only commenting on prior to actual announcement of what school George was going to no one was saying Thomas. Most everyone was thinking Wetherby.

The Daily Mail was last December-
Prince William and Kate Middleton put Prince George's 'name down' at London school | Daily Mail Online

No mention of Thomas.

I don't think that anyone thinks that George or Charlotte were going to be sent to some state funded school in some underprivileged area of London.

As for Coed vs same sex, George is going to be growing up with a little sister unlike his father and uncle Harry. He going to be exposed to girls with his sister, his sister's friends plus he has a bunch of girl cousins in Mia, Savannah, Isla. William basically only had Zara.

I thought Peter was around (for William/Harry) quite a bit too..?

LaRae

I can see her being very involved, she always seems quite eager to join in with the kids when she attends various engagements.

Lunch lady duty...do parents volunteer for that sort of thing now days?

LaRae

I don't know about upscale British schools, but some private schools in the US require volunteer hours from parents. A couple of my co-workers had to put in volunteer time.

No kidding?

LaRae

regarding Peter being male--
The original poster was talking about George having more females around in his family than William and Harry had--Zara was the only (Windsor) family cousin close to their age who was female. George has lots of female cousins close to his age.

I don't know about upscale British schools, but some private schools in the US require volunteer hours from parents. A couple of my co-workers had to put in volunteer time.

Interesting...well I'm sure the media will be on their heels anytime they go near the school.

LaRae

The original poster was talking about George having more females around in his family than William and Harry had--Zara was the only (Windsor) family cousin close to their age who was female. George has lots of female cousins close to his age.

I read it to quickly...was just thinking cousins in his age range.

LaRae

While Zara was the only Windsor female first cousin, William and Harry had four close to them in age on the Spencer side: Emily and Celia McCorquodale and Eleanor and Laura Fellowes - the latter is Princess Charlotte's godmother. The cousins spent holidays together and were pictured once on the beach with their mothers and grandmother Frances.

Quote from Countessmeout

I agree with this - I can easily see Cambridge children attending boarding school from 13 onwards. But British boarding schools generally have a strict regime re weekends out of school (exeats) they are usually limited to 1 or 2 a term. This helps with establishing routine, weekend school trips and events and sports. I don't think that they would be weekday boarders only.

William going to see Granny in Windsor on Sundays was unusual.

But I shall follow my own advice and wait until the time comes!

Interesting...well I'm sure the media will be on their heels anytime they go near the school.

LaRae

I hope not. I think a photo snapped every once in awhile is fine, and realistically the family can't expect 100% privacy in London, but there's no need to see Kate and William every time they show up for a Christmas concert or school play or whatever. They seem to have done a pretty good job so far negotiating solutions with the press that are workable for everyone. Hopefully they'll be able to continue that process as the children get older.

I hope not. I think a photo snapped every once in awhile is fine, and realistically the family can't expect 100% privacy in London, but there's no need to see Kate and William every time they show up for a Christmas concert or school play or whatever. They seem to have done a pretty good job so far negotiating solutions with the press that are workable for everyone. Hopefully they'll be able to continue that process as the children get older.

ITA but you know past behavior indicates future...I don't trust those folks for a second.

LaRae

The Royal Family were able to negotiate for William and Harry to have largely hassle free years at school, even at Eton which is a school in a town and not on a solo campus so the students can be seen quite easily.

I am sure the same thing will be in place for George and Charlotte. If not then maybe they will have to consider a school like Gordonstoun which is much harder for the press to reach.

The first few days will be harrowing as the press will camp out near the school until they all have a picture or three and then they will move onto new stories.

The Royal Family were able to negotiate for William and Harry to have largely hassle free years at school, even at Eton which is a school in a town and not on a solo campus so the students can be seen quite easily.

I am sure the same thing will be in place for George and Charlotte. If not then maybe they will have to consider a school like Gordonstoun which is much harder for the press to reach.

The first few days will be harrowing as the press will camp out near the school until they all have a picture or three and then they will move onto new stories.

Did W and H have hassle free years at school before Diana's death, especially when they were still in London? I remember after Diana died there was some sort of pact which allowed both boys to live pretty private lives all the way through university. My impression has always been that for once the press was well and truly cowed as a result of the massive amount of anger directed towards the media/paparazzi right after the Paris crash and as a result the royals got concessions re: the boys they otherwise wouldn't have. Is that accurate at all?

It started when William started at Eton due to the open nature of the campus where the boys literally walk through the streets to get from one building of the school to another. That was before Diana died. It wasn't necessary when they were at Ludgrave as it is a closed campus but was for William, and later Harry, at Eton and William at St Andrews.

Traditionally placement to the most sought after (for whatever reason) schools are booked years in advance. While this shouldn't be a problem for George or Charlotte, so no panic(!) I'm sure it has been at least seriously discussed if not actually settled. I'm thing E for George and M for Charlotte.

I'm thing E for George and M for Charlotte.

That would be my guess as well.

Unless William and Kate want to send both children to the same school.
But I can't think why they'd do that once the children are older.

I also agree with the guesses of Eton for George and Marlborough for Charlotte, although I also doubt that the Cambridges have thought this far ahead since they haven't even started primary school yet. However; Eton and Marlborough seem like the most likely/natural choices for royal children of their position on their respective sexes. When the time comes though, it will be interesting to see whether George and or Charlotte will carry on the tradition of royal children in the immediate family and boarding schools or if they will be sent to a day school somewhere local instead.

That would be my guess as well.

Unless William and Kate want to send both children to the same school.
But I can't think why they'd do that once the children are older.

It is what 'normal' families do.

I don't even think they will go the boarding school route unless William is King as there are many fine day schools in London and co-ed ones at that.

Kate said some years ago now that she didn't want to send her children to boarding school and I suspect that William would prefer to have them at home as well - a great excuse to not do overseas visits etc during term time limiting any overseas trips to the height of summer when no one really wants to be making overseas official visits - either the Brits sending or countries being visited.

If they did decide on a boarding school my bet would be Marlborough for both as it is co-ed so both could go to the one school rather than two and thus one set of holidays, same culture, shared friends etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom