Education of the Cambridge Children, Part 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just from what I've learned about the Cambridge's parenting over the years, I am of the mind that they will send their children to day school until they're older and also, try and work their evening schedules of duties/appearances where one would always be home with the children. I believe they've stated that when George was really small that this is how they worked it.

There will be nights that both William and Kate have to be out together but I think they will try to limit that as much as possible. I can imagine a kitchen scene with either William and Kate there helping the kids with homework with Lupo resting under the table. These are very hands on parents and they will most likely do whatever they can to ensure that but they have a nice backup crew with a nanny the kids have known since forever. :D

I get the impression, based on what is known, that Kate (and William) are more hands on that even his parents were. Which is great for their family life.

LaRae

Just from what I've learned about the Cambridge's parenting over the years, I am of the mind that they will send their children to day school until they're older and also, try and work their evening schedules of duties/appearances where one would always be home with the children. I believe they've stated that when George was really small that this is how they worked it.

There will be nights that both William and Kate have to be out together but I think they will try to limit that as much as possible. I can imagine a kitchen scene with either William and Kate there helping the kids with homework with Lupo resting under the table. These are very hands on parents and they will most likely do whatever they can to ensure that but they have a nice backup crew with a nanny the kids have known since forever. :D

The reality is that they are able to do it because they aren't the heir and wife right now. Even now they rely on a full time nanny, a housekeeper who babysits at times, and carol. They may be more hands on then Diana and Charles but they have plenty of help. And they have had that luxury.

When William is Prince of Wales that will change. Likely why his grandmother sad fathet allow him such a leisurely calendar now, to enjoy it while he can. He will be expected to be like his father, when Prince of Wales. There will be more travel in the UK and abroad. There will be more events for them both. they wint always be able to do day events when the kids are in school and be home. And when the kids are in school, they won't be able to do tours. Nor be shipped to grandmas as they will not miss school.

Yes I don't think they will start boarding school early. I think it's exactly the reason they chose a school that goes till 13. There is little chance the kids won't go to boarding school at some point. Both patebts grew up where that was the norm. Not only in their family but friends. The kids of their friends will.

W/ Pippa getting married & perhaps starting her own family in the near future, Grandma Carole may not be quite as available as she has been as she'll have additional grandchildren with whom she'll also want to spend time.

W/ Pippa getting married & perhaps starting her own family in the near future, Grandma Carole may not be quite as available as she has been as she'll have additional grandchildren with whom she'll also want to spend time.
Let us not forget that Grandma Carole works full time and has a reasonable sized business to run.

Let us not forget that Grandma Carole works full time and has a reasonable sized business to run.

Agreed. I doubt Mrs. Middleton is the type for sitting and waiting for a visit of her children and grandchildren :whistling:

Prince George will be going to a “busy” and “slightly chaotic” London school where the cosmopolitan capital is reflected in the 19 different languages spoken in pupils’ homes, according to a schools guide.

The four-year-old, who will one day be king, begins full-time education in September when he joins one of three reception classes at private day school Thomas’s Battersea.

The school, where fees cost from £17,604 a year, was reviewed as “A big, busy, slightly chaotic school for cosmopolitan parents who want their children to have the best English education money can buy. That is what they want and, to a large degree, that is what they get”.
Read more: Prince George to start at ‘busy, slightly chaotic’ school - BT

Last edited:
i wonder if the new school follows the Montessori system like george's old nursery...

also, seeing thomas' school has 4 branches, and one is in kensington, i wonder why WK didn't choose that branch instead of the battersea one, as it is closer to their home.

If I remember correctly, the Battersea location has a kindergarten that Kensington didn't have. So the thought was that they picked that location so Charlotte could join her brother there in time. Having the kids in the same school location.

I thought the Tatler entry for the school in one of the threads below was interesting in that the three main secondary schools the boys head to are Eton, Kings Wimbledon and St Paul's. Let's hope George is smart.. ;)

I thought the Tatler entry for the school in one of the threads below was interesting in that the three main secondary schools the boys head to are Eton, Kings Wimbledon and St Paul's. Let's hope George is smart.. ;)

He won't have to be smart.
He'll go to school wherever his parents like!

(I'm wondering if he'll attend Eton or Marlborough when the time comes).

Oh how I wish William and Kate would accept that things have changed and send the children to a co-ed school
This sums up my view

It states the obvious, but the real world is not segregated. In co-educational schools, girls and boys work collaboratively, exchange ideas and debate issues. Importantly the presence of both genders adds to the richness and diversity of thinking and learning that fills all classrooms in all schools.
Outside the classroom, girls and boys stand side-by-side in leadership positions, play sport, attend outdoor education camps, combine in music groups, perform in plays and musicals and share recreational space.

In short, girls and boys interact with each other as equals in all aspects of everyday life. In doing so, they build a sound platform for personal growth, peer connectedness, relationships with other people and the development of appropriate value systems.

Thomas's Battersea is co ed. So William and Kate are sending George to a coeducational school. We don't know where he is going to go after. Since he is just 4 now, that doesn't have to be decided now

I would just hope this Cambridge kids get a chance to meet other kids from different walks of life. There's nothing like being exposed to diversity from an early age.

I would just hope this Cambridge kids get a chance to meet other kids from different walks of life. There's nothing like being exposed to diversity from an early age.

Clearly Thomas's Battersea fits the bill. According to the schools guide, students speak 19 different languages.

Oh how I wish William and Kate would accept that things have changed and send the children to a co-ed school
This sums up my view

It states the obvious, but the real world is not segregated. In co-educational schools, girls and boys work collaboratively, exchange ideas and debate issues. Importantly the presence of both genders adds to the richness and diversity of thinking and learning that fills all classrooms in all schools.
Outside the classroom, girls and boys stand side-by-side in leadership positions, play sport, attend outdoor education camps, combine in music groups, perform in plays and musicals and share recreational space.

In short, girls and boys interact with each other as equals in all aspects of everyday life. In doing so, they build a sound platform for personal growth, peer connectedness, relationships with other people and the development of appropriate value systems.

They have chosen a co-ed school where they will send both their childrn for a primary education.

As regards secondary schools in the UK, most good schools are single sex. There choice for a co-ed secondary school education in the south of england will be limited at best.

Considering the school fees, which are quite high, I doubt there'll really be many children from all walks of life.
They will mostly be from wealthy families, although I suppose there may be a few scholarship students.

Considering the school fees, which are quite high, I doubt there'll really be many children from all walks of life.
They will mostly be from wealthy families, although I suppose there may be a few scholarship students.

There is wealthy, and there is very wealthy.

If you live in central London, there is a real paucity of quality state schools, and many parents end up having to send their children to private schools. This means that you could, at one end of the spectrum, have professional parents (say Doctors, Accountants, Lawyers) paying out substantial parts of their income to privately educate their children, and at the other end of the spectrum, have the children of the uber-wealthy. That is the diversity that George and Charlotte are likely to see.

Funnily, most London private schools tend to charge very similar fees, so there aren't that many posher private schools to less posh private schools.

It's not just fees. There are many more children trying to get in than there are places. So like most private schools, there is a selection process even for kids.

Although George is 99% likely to attend Eton, Marlborough has admitted girls for decades.

George and Charlotte could attend together.

Last edited:

This was discussed several weeks ago when everyone found out where he'd be attending, yes the school has scholarship students.

LaRae

They have chosen a co-ed school where they will send both their childrn for a primary education.

As regards secondary schools in the UK, most good schools are single sex. There choice for a co-ed secondary school education in the south of england will be limited at best.

But secondary education is the most important to be co-ed. What a great statement they could make co-ed and no boarding school.

:previous:

Marlborough is a co-ed school, as is Stowe

He won't have to be smart.
He'll go to school wherever his parents like!

(I'm wondering if he'll attend Eton or Marlborough when the time comes).

Well, my comment was a little tongue in cheek - I doubt William and Kate were too stressed out about getting George into primary school - but I do think times are changing and it would be difficult for him to head off to a place like, for example, St. Paul's if he didn't have the academic chops that would allow him to be there on merit alone.

Eton is different and that's where I think George will go even if he doesn't quite hit their usual academic standards. They took Harry and did the best they could with him, but that was decades ago and, again, times have changed, and probably will have changed even more by the time George is ready for secondary school.

All this is hypothetical, of course.. George could well be extremely bright.

I think they'll do boarding for both kids at secondary, just to get them out of London while they're teenagers. Both Kate and Pippa seem to have thrived at Marlborough, so that's probably a reasonable bet for Charlotte.

I think that Eton is the most likely for George too. Its not only getting him out of London but its putting him into a school with his peers where there is a structured daily routine and the focus is on education. With the dress code and with it being all boys, it kind of buffers the student from teenage peer pressure of clothing, relationships with the opposite sex on a daily basis which could detract from studies and gives structure to the student's life.

Who knows? Maybe George will follow William's example and walk across the river over to Windsor Castle for king lessons and tea from his grandfather? I think that practice served William well. :D

:previous:

Marlborough is a co-ed school, as is Stowe

I think Stowe is out of the running, since Kate hated it.

(Same as Gordonstoun was out of the running for William and Harry, since Charles hated it so much).

I think Stowe is out of the running, since Kate hated it.

(Same as Gordonstoun was out of the running for William and Harry, since Charles hated it so much).

She never went to Stowe - she hated Downe House.

I think it was Cressida Bonas who went briefly to Stowe and disliked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom