The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-28-2019, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm not surprised that the Cambridges have chosen St. Thomas's for Charlotte as well. It will be sweet to see her join her brother at school.
As for secondary schools, I always thought that the Cambridges would do the usual route and choose a school such as Eton for George (and eventually Louis) and Marlborough for Charlotte, though now they'll be at the same prep school together they may wish to continue them attending the same school into their secondary years. It all depends on the different academic abilities of the children and own personal school experiences with secondary education IMO.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-13-2019, 06:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
I went to Wycombe and loved it but is isn't for everyone and to my knowledge no member of the BRF has gone there. It tries to have a lot with Eton (including asking if Eton was going to give an extended break for the Rugby). It is consistently extremely high the league tables.

I think single sex may play a part but private vs state will have been decided.
I lived next to WA for a number of years as I worked in the area. It was considered for Princess Anne but discounted on a security front. Which I can see as part of it backs on to the exit from M40. I would think it's a no. They will be better, if boarding, to go somewhere more rural. Eton seems a bit to exposed too if I am honest but you can obviously spot suspicious sorts there it is so quiet.

Anyhow I actually don't see them boarding till prep, which is 13. William and George went at 8 but Bea and Eug didn't go till, later but occasionally did flexy boarding and Louise and James don't at all. I would think, given the future workload of Kate and William, that they will board eventually though.

Old 04-13-2019, 07:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Beatrice didn't board at secondary level at all. She was a day pupil at St George's as Ascot, which is very close to Royal Lodge, throughout her secondary schooling. Eugenie went to Marlborough.

I remember reading, shortly after it was announced that Catherine was pregnant, that she said she would not be sending her children to boarding schools. There are excellent private schools in London and some not far from KP e.g. Westminster School isn't that far and they could just as easily be day students there as board somewhere where they have little contact with their parents.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm glad they aren't going to send them to boarding schools....frankly I don't understand why it is a good idea to ship your children off and only see them X times a year.

LaRae
Old 04-13-2019, 08:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Beatrice didn't board at secondary level at all. She was a day pupil at St George's as Ascot, which is very close to Royal Lodge, throughout her secondary schooling. Eugenie went to Marlborough.

I remember reading, shortly after it was announced that Catherine was pregnant, that she said she would not be sending her children to boarding schools. There are excellent private schools in London and some not far from KP e.g. Westminster School isn't that far and they could just as easily be day students there as board somewhere where they have little contact with their parents.
Beatrice was a flexible boarder. She stayed there sometimes if everyone was away which I get as I don't see it is a nice experience for children to come home solely for staff so both her and Eugenie sometimes stayed in earlier years...but they were older not 8. Eugenie then obviously boarded for Marlborough at 13. Beatrice may have opted to board then too as she was 15 and with parents away a lot and sister in boarding school it may have been lonely experience to be home.
Old 04-14-2019, 12:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I'm glad they aren't going to send them to boarding schools....frankly I don't understand why it is a good idea to ship your children off and only see them X times a year.

LaRae
That may change with time. Both William and Catherine went to boarding school when they were kids. I don't think they will go before teens, but I would be surprised if the boys didn't go to Eton.

Boarding school makes sense especially for senior royals. When William and Kate are prince and princess of Wales they will be away a lot. When the kids are in school they will not be able to travel with them. If the kids are going to be home for days with nannies, it makes just as much sense for boarding school. If they go to a nearby boarding school, they can often be home on weekends and such. A flex boarding program would also be a good option.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

Was it a direct quite from the Duchess that you read or was it speculation by the Press?

I agree with you that there are excellent secondary day schools in London. If either of the boys is academic enough to make it to Westminster, they will be very lucky and receive a fantastic education. However, my guess is that the Cambridge children will all board from age 13 for the boys and 11 for Charlotte. Depending on how academic the children turn out to be, Malborough may be a strong contender for all three of them. Alternatively, I guess Eton, Harrow and Wycombe Abbey will be contenders.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Little surprise, been confirmed today Charlotte will join her brother at St Thomas in the fall.

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...15802138021888
Old 05-24-2019, 09:58 AM
Majesty

Princess Charlotte will go to the same school as Prince George, when she starts in September. She’ll join Reception Year at Thomas's Battersea, announces @KensingtonRoyal.

Headteacher of Thomas’s Battersea, Simon O’Malley, said: “We are delighted that The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have decided that Princess Charlotte will join her elder brother, Prince George, at Thomas’s Battersea. We greatly look forward to welcoming her”.

Via Chris Ship Twitter
Old 05-24-2019, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Not surprised by the news - I had presumed Charlotte would end up at St. Thomas's like George.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-24-2019, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I could swear this was confirmed a few months ago.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:22 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
I could swear this was confirmed a few months ago.

Not confirmed but speculated by the Daily Mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
From September Princess Charlotte will join her brother to the same school

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...September.html
Old 05-24-2019, 07:20 PM
Serene Highness

Both William and Kate boarded and had mostly happy experiences. Besides it’s the culture and class they are in. Most of children’s future peers in the society Set esp. the boys will board eventually, form life long bonds of friendship and connections that will help them along in life just as W&K have done. I am not seeing why Kate would be against something so ingrained in the set she was raised in and Deny her children all the advantages.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:26 PM
Majesty

Not only did Kate go to private school, her dad went to private school, her grandfather went to private school, her great grandfather went to private school, etc.

I don't think there's any doubt over the children's future education.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:07 PM
Majesty

Apparently Princess Charlotte is very excited to be going to the same school as brother George.

More from the Express

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.exp...te-william/amp
Old 08-28-2019, 01:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
So, what’s big school really going to be like for Charlotte?

Our Schools Guide researchers have previously praised Thomas’s Battersea for its ‘fab music school’ and ‘colourful, inspiring wall displays’ and mentioned that ‘everyone plays an instrument’ as well as sport; ‘cricket in summer, football in winter' with leavers going on to some of the best schools in the country - Eton, Marlborough and Wellington.
Read more: This is what Princess Charlotte is going to learn during her first year at Thomas' Battersea school
Old 08-29-2019, 08:15 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

https://twitter.com/byqueenvic/statu...581259778?s=21

First day of school for Charlotte next week.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:24 AM
Majesty

Its going to be a family affair!
Old 08-29-2019, 08:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Look forward to the pictures of this beautiful family going to school. It feels just like yesterday when little, Charlotte, was charming everyone on the Canadian tour. Now she’s going to school with her big brother.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-05-2019, 03:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Charlotte, with by her father, the Duke of Cambridge, and mother, the Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George, arriving for her first day of school at Thomas's Battersea in London.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDryL6nX...name=4096x4096

https://www.paimages.co.uk/headline/1344984

https://www.gettyimages.com/search/2...this_event_adp

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...chool,_london?

VIDEO

https://twitter.com/i/status/1169522839181041666

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Battersea.html