The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 12-30-2016, 02:55 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 8,950
I take it that the information on the school I found in London doesn't apply then?

I know things are different in the UK than in the States but here we do deem parochial schools as private schools with higher tuition and acceptance policies.
__________________

__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-30-2016, 08:39 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NN, Lithuania
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I take it that the information on the school I found in London doesn't apply then?

I know things are different in the UK than in the States but here we do deem parochial schools as private schools with higher tuition and acceptance policies.
From your source:
Pre-Prep Department (aged 4 to 7 years): £4,040.00 per term (not per year)
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-30-2016, 08:41 AM
eya eya is offline
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 8,453
TOM UTLEY: Dear Prince George, as one Wetherby boy to another, at least you won't have to deal with Mrs Russell | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-30-2016, 12:47 PM
Dee Anna's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Here, Ireland
Posts: 587
Very amusing!!

I know many of William and Harry's longterm friends stem from their school days, do any go back as far as Wetherby?

This is a boys school so Charlotte will go elsewhere. What likely facilities are there nearby for her?
__________________
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken ..... Oscar Wilde
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-30-2016, 01:22 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
Very amusing!!

I know many of William and Harry's longterm friends stem from their school days, do any go back as far as Wetherby?

This is a boys school so Charlotte will go elsewhere. What likely facilities are there nearby for her?
Wetherby has a sister school, Pembridge, which would be a good possibility.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pembridge_Hall_School

But I am sure some of their friends and extended family with girls in school in London will have suggestions as well.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-30-2016, 01:23 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,946
Where did the York girls attend?


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-30-2016, 01:41 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Where did the York girls attend?


LaRae
They went to school in Windsor, near the family home.

Started studying at Winkfield Montessori and then went to Upton house.

http://www.winkfieldmontessori.co.uk/
http://www.uptonhouse.org.uk/


Eugenie later attended st George's, Windsor. This is the school lady Louise currently attends. But she finished her schooling at Marlborough, the school Kate went to.

Beatrice attended st George's as well but the ascot location. Unlike Eugenie, she finished her schooling there.


The duke of Gloucester sent his daughters here, which is in notting hill

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kens...aratory_School
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-30-2016, 01:58 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 5,594
In case anyone is interested, we have the following thread to discuss British Royal Education:

Royal Education
__________________
JACK
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-30-2016, 02:27 PM
SLV's Avatar
SLV SLV is offline
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
In case anyone is interested, we have the following thread to discuss British Royal Education:

Royal Education
Thanks Jack.
Could some of the current posts about the topic be moved there? The last post on that thread was made very long ago.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-08-2017, 02:39 AM
eya eya is offline
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 8,453
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/late...it-elitism-row

"Princ's George private school 900 pound outfit sparks elitism row"
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-08-2017, 04:05 AM
Dee Anna's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Here, Ireland
Posts: 587
The school fees alone sets it apart from your average school so not sure why the uniform cost would stir up an elitism debate.
__________________
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken ..... Oscar Wilde
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-14-2017, 09:50 PM
hel hel is online now
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kitchener, Canada
Posts: 333
Camilla T has an article about George in tomorrow's Sunday Express that does purport to have new information:

Prince George school plans: The royal child will attend different school | Royal | News | Daily Express

TL : DR - Rather than enrolling George at Wetherby, they're considering enrolling him at the brand new Wetherby - Kensington satellite location because it's a) closer, b) smaller and c) won't have so many celebrity kids as the Notting Hill Wetherby, thereby cutting down on the number of paps.

With that said, the claim of a five-minute walk from KP don't seem to be borne out by Google Maps, based on the location of the new satellite school given on the Wetherby website.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-14-2017, 10:01 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Camilla T has an article about George in tomorrow's Sunday Express that does purport to have new information:

Prince George school plans: The royal child will attend different school | Royal | News | Daily Express

TL : DR - Rather than enrolling George at Wetherby, they're considering enrolling him at the brand new Wetherby - Kensington satellite location because it's a) closer, b) smaller and c) won't have so many celebrity kids as the Notting Hill Wetherby, thereby cutting down on the number of paps.

With that said, the claim of a five-minute walk from KP don't seem to be borne out by Google Maps, based on the location of the new satellite school given on the Wetherby website.
IF this story is true, sending George there will increase the number of paps.

It's the same school. different location.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-14-2017, 10:01 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 3,227
Thanks for the information hel. Curious to see if this will be the case come fall.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-14-2017, 10:07 PM
hel hel is online now
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kitchener, Canada
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
IF this story is true, sending George there will increase the number of paps.

It's the same school. different location.
I had the same thought myself, Cepe, about the number of paps.

I'm sorry, I thought specifying that it was a satellite school was adequate to express that I knew it was the same school, different location. I apologize for being unclear.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-14-2017, 10:17 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
I had the same thought myself, Cepe, about the number of paps.

I'm sorry, I thought specifying that it was a satellite school was adequate to express that I knew it was the same school, different location. I apologize for being unclear.
No - you were clear, its the article which says different school!

Sunday papers do produce masses of fluff!
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-14-2017, 10:24 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,460
Well if he's mixing with children from celebs or not it seems he won't be mixing with girls !! I am soo against single sex schools so I better not get involved in this topic or I will end up getting a life ban here 😱


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-14-2017, 10:27 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,024
Isn't there laws about photographing underage kids without their parents permission. I can't imagine the police allowing the paps to camp in front of a school every day. There will be pictures on his first day when his parents take him.

We didn't really see a constant stream of photos from William and Harry going to school. George isn't going to be walking to school. His police detail will take him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Well if he's mixing with children from celebs or not it seems he won't be mixing with girls !! I am soo against single sex schools so I better not get involved in this topic or I will end up getting a life ban here 😱


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

He is mixing with a girl everyday in the form of his little sister.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-14-2017, 10:33 PM
hel hel is online now
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kitchener, Canada
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Isn't there laws about photographing underage kids without their parents permission. I can't imagine the police allowing the paps to camp in front of a school every day. There will be pictures on his first day when his parents take him.

We didn't really see a constant stream of photos from William and Harry going to school. George isn't going to be walking to school. His police detail will take him.
The article's claim is that, while the paps are prohibited from taking pictures of the kids of celebs, pick-up and drop-off times become something of a salmon run for pictures of the parents, with paps being the bears waiting eagerly for multitudes of tasty fish to swim by sans spawn.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-14-2017, 10:42 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,024
George's RPOs would have stay with him anyways so more than likely they will be the main people taking him to school.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royal Education Lyonnaise Royal Life and Lifestyle 304 03-10-2016 02:52 PM
Education of the children of Pavlos and Marie-Chantal kate bromley Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family 86 02-26-2014 03:23 PM
The education of Stephanie's children CasiraghiTrio Princess Stephanie and Family 20 07-05-2011 11:47 AM
The Royal Education Monalisa Royal Family of Morocco 27 08-22-2004 07:50 AM




Popular Tags
albania best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess victoria current events denmark fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe letizia monarchy news november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince charles prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince nicholas prince oscar princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia state visit stephanie succession sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats victoria


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:58 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises