The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-13-2017, 12:43 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I wouldn't say never. Both his parents ski and they've already been on a ski vacation as a family. The RPOs are something that isn't a big detractor from going either. No matter where George goes whether its to school or on an African safari, he'll always have his RPOs assigned to him.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:15 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I wouldn't say never. Both his parents ski and they've already been on a ski vacation as a family. The RPOs are something that isn't a big detractor from going either. No matter where George goes whether its to school or on an African safari, he'll always have his RPOs assigned to him.
Of course George will go skiing. That's not my point. I meant that the chalet owned by the school looks to be small and not as secure as it should be for a royal child. Everywhere he goes he has protection and everywhere he goes has been totally secured by his protection officers. I don't think that chalet can be properly secured to their satisfaction.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Mae View Post
Of course George will go skiing. That's not my point. I meant that the chalet owned by the school looks to be small and not as secure as it should be for a royal child. Everywhere he goes he has protection and everywhere he goes has been totally secured by his protection officers. I don't think that chalet can be properly secured to their satisfaction.

I think it's completely impossible to look at an aerial photo of a building and understand from that what potential security challenges are, unless you are an expert in security and know precisely what George's protection needs are.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Breaking News:
A 40 year old woman has been arrested for breaking into Prince George's School-
Woman arrested breaking into Prince George's school* | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-13-2017, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

As Prince George begins academic life at his new school, Thomas’s Battersea, a royal source told PEOPLE that his parents, Prince William and Princess Kate remain committed to dropping George off and picking him up from school.
Though their royal duties may not always allow it,

William and Kate have promised to take George to and from school “as often as they possibly can,” a royal source previously told PEOPLE and reiterated again on Wednesday.

Security concerns at George’s school arose today after an arrest took place outside of Thomas’s Battersea. At 2:15 p.m. on Wednesday, a 40-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of attempted burglary at the school, where George began classes last week. The alleged incident occurred on Tuesday, according to the Metropolitan Police.

Read more: Prince William and Kate Middleton Committed to Taking Prince George to School
Old 09-13-2017, 04:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think William called them 'tographers' ..'don't like tographers!'

LaRae
Yes, thanks. I remember now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post

Giving dad a look like saying "Do I have to go".
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...4800212929.jpg

Wishing him a great school year.
I saw that picture somewhere else and I got the same impression. George has the most expressive face.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

So bad that someone could just walk in other parents will be worried too
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-s-school.html
Old 09-13-2017, 10:42 PM
Heir Apparent

As another parent put it, the school would be safer with George there. Yes, the school likely could use better security, for all kids, not just with George. But the royal protection isn't going to be there 24/7. They are there when George is at school. The chances of such an incident happening when George is at school, with his security in tow, is almost none. That is what they practiced. They know where and what to cover when he is in school to make it safe for him.

But part of me can understand the parents who could be concerned about their kids being in the same school as George.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

He hasn't even been there a week and there is problem with the security
Old 09-16-2017, 06:55 AM
Courtier

It must be a bit of a school fun factor for George, eating out rather than at home. A taste so to speak of things to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
He hasn't even been there a week and there is problem with the security
How does George's security work? He/She is hardly in the schoolroom. Sitting outside in a car, you can't cover all bases. Given the current climate, it's a worry.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
How does George's security work? He/She is hardly in the schoolroom. Sitting outside in a car, you can't cover all bases. Given the current climate, it's a worry.
Actually, in the past the policeman WAS in the classroom where the royal child was, sitting in an out-of-the-way place where they always had eyes on their charge. Given today's security climate, I don't see that changing.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:20 PM
Royal Highness

I heard that they had cameras in the classroom but stayed in a room nearby. Who knows. They would not release that information to us, nor should they.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:23 PM
Nobility

It's 2017 -- technology allows us to have better than "an officer in the classroom". An officer can be steps from the classrom, watching multiple points of view (classroom, windows outside the classroom, main entrance, hallway outside the classroom) on CCTV, which reduces even further the distraction while providing a wider range of coverage.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:06 PM
Gentry

I don’t envy William and Catherine having to worry about this, in addition to all the “normal” worries surrounding educating your child.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

No kidding...that would be extremely hard to deal with. Letting your child go into that setting and knowing someone has broken in.

LaRae