The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #281  
Old 09-09-2017, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,692
I'm guessing Prince George already has a refined palate.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 09-09-2017, 12:29 PM
SLV's Avatar
SLV SLV is offline
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 1,018
Interesting. Nobody brought food from home then, like we do here in the Netherlands.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 09-09-2017, 12:43 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 8,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I'm guessing Prince George already has a refined palate.
I think he does. According to one report I've read, George's palate tends to favor Italian as in pizza and pasta (though I swear I've read somewhere it was termed as spaghetti).

Kate Middleton reveals Prince George's favourite food
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 09-09-2017, 12:51 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
Interesting. Nobody brought food from home then, like we do here in the Netherlands.
That still happens here in the U.S. however less now than years ago. Depending on where you live many kids qualify for free or reduced cost lunches from the school.



LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 09-09-2017, 12:55 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I'm guessing Prince George already has a refined palate.
Why would you think that? William and Kate evidently cook most of their own food...not like they have a French Chef serving Foie Gras and Escargot ....my bet is he is a typical kid eating at least some typical kid food.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 09-09-2017, 01:07 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Why would you think that? William and Kate evidently cook most of their own food...not like they have a French Chef serving Foie Gras and Escargot ....my bet is he is a typical kid eating at least some typical kid food.


LaRae
Exactly. Even the queen eats quite simply except for big occasions. The royals don't live on lobster and caviar. I believe the queen even has Tupperware. Kids are kids. Pizza, chicken fingers and spaghetti are likely top of his list (well for western kids).
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 09-09-2017, 01:36 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Balanced healthy meals like that cost a lot of money. Unfortunately many schools cant afford such menus. Unless they charge students huge prices. Private schools have the benefit of the funds.

I never went to an elementary school that offered hot meals. We had pizza day or hot dog day a few times a year when the food was ordered in. It was actually only in grade 11-12 I went to a school with a cafeteria. And it was because my school had a culinary arts program and it was part of the class. We had a mix. There were things like salads and sandwiches, and a fast food option every day depended on day (pizza, hamburger), and poutine. But then the culinary arts class project which was anything from full roast beef lunch to some kind of pasta. Depended on what they were studying at the time.
It takes the country investing in the education system again. Kids learn better when they are eating more nutritional meals at home and in school.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 09-09-2017, 02:17 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It takes the country investing in the education system again. Kids learn better when they are eating more nutritional meals at home and in school.
There's been millions and millions of dollars thrown into the public school systems the past 2 or 3 decades...still not solving the problem.

As far as lunch meals specifically...Jamie Oliver did that series where he tried to help schools improve their lunch menus...interesting watching if you haven't seen it.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 09-09-2017, 02:23 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
There's been millions and millions of dollars thrown into the public school systems the past 2 or 3 decades...still not solving the problem.

As far as lunch meals specifically...Jamie Oliver did that series where he tried to help schools improve their lunch menus...interesting watching if you haven't seen it.


LaRae
I'm not sure about that. Investment in education in this country is lacking tremendously.

I have seen the series. What Jamie has done to some schools lunch menus is beyond brilliant.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 09-09-2017, 02:33 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'm not sure about that. Investment in education in this country is lacking tremendously.

I have seen the series. What Jamie has done to some schools lunch menus is beyond brilliant.
I'm pretty sure about it..anyone can research that out. See where the millions and millions of dollars are being spent/have been spent. More money is not the answer.

Until it's sorted out, any parent that can should look at alternative options to public schools IMO (private, charter, homeschool etc).

IIRC I think the schools Jamie Oliver helped have gone back to the older program at least partly if not completely.



LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 09-09-2017, 02:44 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Balanced healthy meals like that cost a lot of money. Unfortunately many schools cant afford such menus. Unless they charge students huge prices. Private schools have the benefit of the funds.

I never went to an elementary school that offered hot meals. We had pizza day or hot dog day a few times a year when the food was ordered in. It was actually only in grade 11-12 I went to a school with a cafeteria. And it was because my school had a culinary arts program and it was part of the class. We had a mix. There were things like salads and sandwiches, and a fast food option every day depended on day (pizza, hamburger), and poutine. But then the culinary arts class project which was anything from full roast beef lunch to some kind of pasta. Depended on what they were studying at the time.
My elementary school didn't offer cafeteria service, either. We all brought lunch from home and for most of us it was stereotypical 80's fare - white bread sandwiches, some sort of pudding or jello concoction, milk or juice. No one blinked an eye if you had chips or pop. Then right after lunch we went outside and ran around the playground like loons for 40 minutes before class started again and most of us walked or rode our bikes home after school. So we were a pretty fit, healthy bunch in spite of our un-policed dietary choices.
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 09-09-2017, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I know that's the truth! These kind of well balanced and nutritious meals should be in every school though.
I'm not so sure.

A local (very expensive private) school offered a full range of hot and cold meals, complete with a well-stocked salad bar.

There was quite a bit of food wasted.
(But the Krispy Kreme doughnut shop on the corner did a rip-roaring business every afternoon!)
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 09-09-2017, 02:57 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I'm not so sure.

A local (very expensive private) school offered a full range of hot and cold meals, complete with a well-stocked salad bar.

There was quite a bit of food wasted.
(But the Krispy Kreme doughnut shop on the corner did a rip-roaring business every afternoon!)
Yep exactly. Food choices start at home, if they don't eat like that at home, not likely they will eat like that anywhere else.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 09-09-2017, 03:53 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by akina21 View Post
What's next? He's going to eat in style , see the school lunch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I just had to quote myself
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 09-09-2017, 06:33 PM
duchessrachel's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, United States
Posts: 279
Check out this blog post for a sample menu from Thomas's Battersea. It is toward the end of the post:
Duchess Kate: Prince George Arrives Hand in Hand with Prince William for First Day of School!
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 09-09-2017, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Hot dog days. Now that brings back memories. Once in a while, at school, we'd have hot dog day where you'd get a hot dog, a bag of chips and a carton of milk for 50 cents. Other than that, living just 4 houses down the block from the school, I went home for lunch every day. All my kids did the same until junior high.

I think its something important, in all schools, to have meals for the kids that are well balanced and healthy rather than foods that cater to kid's taste and are just tummy fillers. It looks like George is going to be eating well. Its also a good environment to go and sit and have lunch with his classmates. Just hope there aren't any really severe food fights.
LOL I was just discussing our hot dog days with my elementary school classmates recently. On Tuesdays the mothers at my Catholic school sold hot dogs and bean and cheese burritos. We could add chips and ice cream too. Milk was brought in every day. Only the public schools offered hot lunch every day.
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 09-10-2017, 02:02 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
LOL I was just discussing our hot dog days with my elementary school classmates recently. On Tuesdays the mothers at my Catholic school sold hot dogs and bean and cheese burritos. We could add chips and ice cream too. Milk was brought in every day. Only the public schools offered hot lunch every day.
Yeah we had little milk fridges in utility rooms between classes. Could get milk or there was a juice option. My mom only let me have chocolate milk once a week. In grade eight we introduced sub sandwich day, instead of pizza or hot dogs. I think we got them every second month or so.

Hot lunch cafeterias more a private school thing here it seems. At least back in the day.
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 09-10-2017, 10:41 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 8,950
Yeps... it was the same at my Catholic school. My high school had extra wide parking spaces so the teachers could park their dinosaurs.

From all the conversation, it does seem that everything at Thomas's Battersea is run on a top notch level. I think the main problem the William and Kate are probably having right now is a Charlotte that is adamant that she wants to go with George to school. Right now! That happens a lot when the oldest sibling starts school. The younger one feels excluded and wants to do everything her big brother is doing.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 09-12-2017, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,692
Revealed: The ski chalet owned by Prince George’s school in Austria


Prince George’s new school’s ski chalet in Austria revealed
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 09-12-2017, 08:42 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: St. Charles, United States
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Revealed: The ski chalet owned by Prince George’s school in Austria


Prince George’s new school’s ski chalet in Austria revealed
I doubt George will be going to the ski chalet. He would have to have at least two protectors (probably more for round the clock care) with him and the place doesn't look all that big.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royal Education Lyonnaise Royal Life and Lifestyle 304 03-10-2016 02:52 PM
Education of the children of Pavlos and Marie-Chantal kate bromley Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family 86 02-26-2014 03:23 PM
The education of Stephanie's children CasiraghiTrio Princess Stephanie and Family 20 07-05-2011 11:47 AM
The Royal Education Monalisa Royal Family of Morocco 27 08-22-2004 07:50 AM




Popular Tags
albania best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess victoria current events denmark fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe letizia monarchy news november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince charles prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince nicholas prince oscar princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia state visit stephanie succession sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats victoria


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:58 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises