The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-07-2017, 01:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

That picture really is adorable. William and George posing in the same manner and his happy smile are worth listing in a frame at their home.

Old 09-07-2017, 01:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
He surely does not seem to like cameras. I remember hearing once that when
William was a little boy he told his mother that "I hate camera (or photographers) " and she told him to get used to them because they would be around him the rest of his life George always looks perplexed when he sees cameras and I have often wondered what is going through his mind.
I think William called them 'tographers' ..'don't like tographers!'

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
That picture really is adorable. William and George posing in the same manner and his happy smile are worth listing in a frame at their home.
I agree...that is a lovely pic.

LaRae

Old 09-07-2017, 01:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to share a photograph of The Duke and Prince George at Kensington Palace this morning. The image was taken shortly before Prince George left for his first day of school at Thomas's Battersea.
Their Royal Highnesses are delighted to share this lovely picture as Prince George starts school, and would like to thank everyone for all of the kind messages they have received."

Sweet ,cute George!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYvtTarA...ensingtonroyal
What a nice photo! Makes me think it wasn't the photographer at school as much as just the unfamiliar surroundings making George a bit less confident. Totally understandable.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:46 PM
Majesty

I think its a combination. Not the first time we have seen George uncomfortable with photographers. But the difference with this photo is that he was at home and was likely well prepared for the photo by dad. And likely just one or two quick photos, photo shoot style. Very different then what he faced at school. Its hard enough going through the nerves of first day at new school, without the click of a camera and video camera.

Adorable photo with dad.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:15 PM
Majesty

His backpack with his name on it
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJHavrXXgAAxk3a.jpg

Giving dad a look like saying "Do I have to go".
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...4800212929.jpg

Wishing him a great school year.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to share a photograph of The Duke and Prince George at Kensington Palace this morning. The image was taken shortly before Prince George left for his first day of school at Thomas's Battersea.
Their Royal Highnesses are delighted to share this lovely picture as Prince George starts school, and would like to thank everyone for all of the kind messages they have received."

Sweet ,cute George!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYvtTarA...ensingtonroyal
What an adorable photo. George looks pretty happy to be off on a new adventure. I think, when he got to school, the crowds and clicking of the cameras threw him off a bit. It's understandable.

As for little Maud . . . I'm sure she and George are already pals and will be happy together at school. And I really hope we DON'T see a photo of them together. The media should agree to leave George alone at his school and I think they will. There were no photos of George at his pre-school after that first day.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Mae View Post
As for little Maud . . . I'm sure she and George are already pals and will be happy together at school. And I really hope we DON'T see a photo of them together. The media should agree to leave George alone at his school and I think they will. There were no photos of George at his pre-school after that first day.

I wonder who chose that particular school first, the Cambridges, or Frederick and his wife?
It would be quite a coincidence if neither set of parents knew about the others.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
My first day involved a lot of vomiting on the classroom floor, but I got used to being there.
Vomiting in classrooms . I did that too but years later in 8th grade . I was sick and the class was over but my stupid idiot of a teacher wouldn't let me leave for the bathroom and told me to wait for the bell Well , the sink in the classroom became my target . Your fault , I wasn't bluffing
Old 09-07-2017, 04:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by akina21 View Post
Vomiting in classrooms . I did that too but years later in 8th grade . I was sick and the class was over but my stupid idiot of a teacher wouldn't let me leave for the bathroom and told me to wait for the bell Well , the sink in the classroom became my target . Your fault , I wasn't bluffing
Lol, the things we've been through.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-07-2017, 05:39 PM
Majesty

Prince Charles on grandson George's first day at school - ITV News

Prince Charles comments on George's first day of school.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Prince Charles on grandson George's first day at school - ITV News

Prince Charles comments on George's first day of school.
I like William's comment in the article about how one of George's classmates had a bit more first day jitters and he, (William), was relieved George hadn't wound up being that kid. There should be a word for the combined feeling of sympathy and relief all the other parents in a group feel when their kid is not the one crying/flailing on the floor/biting/throwing sand/refusing to share or whatever, (until next time).
Old 09-08-2017, 11:52 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts discussing Charles's relationship with his grandchildren have been moved to the Relationships between Members of the British Royal Family thread.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:27 AM
Courtier

He did look nervous, I'm sure the media presence didn't help but it was quite low key, so probably more so the fact that Daddy was just dropping him off and not staying(!) like all four and five year olds this week!

But he attended pre-school, so that will have taken the first time away from home alone experience edge off a bit.

Maud, I have to say looked extremely perky, no problems smiling at the camera there! I have a feeling Charlotte will be something similiar!
Old 09-09-2017, 08:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Prince George won’t be brown-bagging it to school this year!

The menu at the 4-year-old royal’s new school, Thomas’s Battersea, reads more like a five-star restaurant, with options like lamb ragout with garlic and fresh herbs and freshly prepared salmon fillet with salsa verde.
Read more: Prince George Has a Fancy School Lunch Menu | Time.com
Old 09-09-2017, 10:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

The kind of lunches I would've preferred in school. Instead we got pizza, hotdogs, mashed potatoes, potato wedges/fries, the odd baked chicken and burgers.

It's nice and refreshing to know George and all the other students are getting much more healthier palate pleasing meals.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-09-2017, 11:42 AM
Majesty

When you pay £20.000 a year in school fees, expect nothing but the best.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
When you pay £20.000 a year in school fees, expect nothing but the best.
I know that's the truth! These kind of well balanced and nutritious meals should be in every school though.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-09-2017, 12:32 PM
Majesty

Balanced healthy meals like that cost a lot of money. Unfortunately many schools cant afford such menus. Unless they charge students huge prices. Private schools have the benefit of the funds.

I never went to an elementary school that offered hot meals. We had pizza day or hot dog day a few times a year when the food was ordered in. It was actually only in grade 11-12 I went to a school with a cafeteria. And it was because my school had a culinary arts program and it was part of the class. We had a mix. There were things like salads and sandwiches, and a fast food option every day depended on day (pizza, hamburger), and poutine. But then the culinary arts class project which was anything from full roast beef lunch to some kind of pasta. Depended on what they were studying at the time.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:41 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Hot dog days. Now that brings back memories. Once in a while, at school, we'd have hot dog day where you'd get a hot dog, a bag of chips and a carton of milk for 50 cents. Other than that, living just 4 houses down the block from the school, I went home for lunch every day. All my kids did the same until junior high.

I think its something important, in all schools, to have meals for the kids that are well balanced and healthy rather than foods that cater to kid's taste and are just tummy fillers. It looks like George is going to be eating well. Its also a good environment to go and sit and have lunch with his classmates. Just hope there aren't any really severe food fights.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:50 PM
Majesty

I think there has to be a happy medium. If you take kids who eat very differently at home and try to feed them hummus and raw veggies you are likely to have a lot of food waste. Better to feed them some of the things they do like in a healthier form perhaps.

LaRae