The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-07-2017, 07:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

William always looks such a loving Dad. Beautiful video.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:48 AM
Heir Apparent

We know he goes by George Cambridge at school

Old 09-07-2017, 08:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

My first day involved a lot of vomiting on the classroom floor, but I got used to being there.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-07-2017, 08:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh Dman, was it that bad? I actually can't remember my first day, must have blacked it out!
Old 09-07-2017, 08:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Oh Dman, was it that bad? I actually can't remember my first day, must have blacked it out!
Yeah, I just couldn't handle my mother leaving me there alone. She stayed with me for a while, but when she left, I cried and cried until I messed up the floor. I felt embarrassed in the end though. The next day was much better.

George did very well today...from what we saw from outside.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-07-2017, 09:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hated my children starting school hated them going back after holidays. Other mums would be at the gate saying yippee their back at school and I'd be the one crying.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

My son was more upset than my daughters who were much more matter of fact about everything. Because our holidays were always spent dashing about I was exhausted by the end of them!
Old 09-07-2017, 09:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
We know he goes by George Cambridge at school
This makes me happy solely because awhile ago I speculated that George would use Cambridge as a surname and someone corrected me and said he would use Wales because of William's uniform during his helicopter days .
Old 09-07-2017, 09:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
This makes me happy solely because awhile ago I speculated that George would use Cambridge as a surname and someone corrected me and said he would use Wales because of William's uniform during his helicopter days .

Nice to have a win sometimes isn't it
Old 09-07-2017, 09:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder will Prince George and Maud Windsor be in the same class. She started at Thomas's Today.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Why would George use Wales as a surname anyway? He's not Charles's son. George and Maud might be classmates. It might leak out later if they are.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Nice to have a win sometimes isn't it
haha. Yes. So much of our speculation deals with things behind closed doors, that we'll never get a real answer for. Or we speculate about things that might happen decades from now, and by then who remembers or cares. So when little black-and-white answers appear every so often, you go -> .

Anyways, I hope this was a one-off today and the cameras will give George his distance. Even looking at todays pictures made me feel bad for him.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Poor guy, he did seem a bit uncertain and shy about it all. He's very wary of the cameras , not that I blame him.

LaRae
Old 09-07-2017, 10:38 AM
Nobility

I didn't have the impression they allowed a lot of camera's. His arrival was captured on video and on camera, but seemed rather sheltered apart from that and no attention-seeking nor interaction either. So, to me that seems quite appropriate for the little prince. Would have been nice to see him arrive with Maud Windsor though (not realistic, but still nice).
Old 09-07-2017, 11:04 AM
Aristocracy

I'd be surprised if George even knows who Maud is
Old 09-07-2017, 11:06 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Maybe he'll get to know her though at school. Will make those times all the extended families get together more fun for the two of them if they already know each other.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:07 PM
Royal Highness

Aww, he did look a bit uncertain of things. A bummer Kate didn't feel well enough to see him off for his first day too. First day of school is something you wouldn't want to miss as a mother, poor thing. I have a feeling Charlotte will probably march through those gates like a little boss.

I remember at my first time at school, I wanted to be back with my mom. And she took me straight back home haha. Just wanted to continue playing at home for a little while more.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyT View Post
I'd be surprised if George even knows who Maud is
Id be confused if he didn't. The family gets together, kids included, certain events every year. Like trooping and of course the big Christmas party. Fred and his wife attend both. Considering Maude and George are the same age, they probably end up playing together as naturally children do when in family events with kids of similar age.

Great to see him start school. A bit nervous but sure that will change. Will likely do better now he knows a few students. Hopefully things with media can die down after first day and he can arrive like any other student. It cant help the nerves when he is held apart as different. School is where he gets to be a normal kid for now.

I am sure Kate is sad but she will be happy to hear his stories when he comes home from school. She did get to take him to his first day of school before when in preschool. It should be easier this time even with nerves. Kids seem to deal better with school when they are used to being away from home. I know my mom said I barely said bye to her at the door as I not only attended preschool for two years before kindergarten but had experience with things like babysitters and activities. I knew mommy and daddy could leave and they would come back. And often had more fun when gone.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Poor guy, he did seem a bit uncertain and shy about it all. He's very wary of the cameras , not that I blame him.

LaRae
He surely does not seem to like cameras. I remember hearing once that when
William was a little boy he told his mother that "I hate camera (or photographers) " and she told him to get used to them because they would be around him the rest of his life George always looks perplexed when he sees cameras and I have often wondered what is going through his mind.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:54 PM
Majesty

"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to share a photograph of The Duke and Prince George at Kensington Palace this morning. The image was taken shortly before Prince George left for his first day of school at Thomas's Battersea.
Their Royal Highnesses are delighted to share this lovely picture as Prince George starts school, and would like to thank everyone for all of the kind messages they have received."

Sweet ,cute George!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYvtTarA...ensingtonroyal