Duke of Cambridge: What Now for William? Future Duties, Roles, Responsibilities

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that as well. Wasn't she even moved to another school for it?
Yes it was alleged she was badly bullied and her parents took her out and brought her to a new school. It must make some of the comments on other websites very hard to bear, if she ever reads them. Bullying doesn't end in the playground sadly.

I've been bullied for eight years (both in real life and online) so I'm also pleased to see that William is getting involved with ending bullying. What needs to be sorted out the most is the teacher's attitudes towards bullying - they will always try and turn the situation into something that sounds less harmful, even in front of the parents.

Often the bullies have a hard life outside of school but that is still no excuse to make someone else have a hard life. What's the fun in hurting people?

Please if the bullying is ongoing get help. I do know about going to people who should help and they don't respond as they should but try counselling, as a form of self preservation. Bullying destroys people.

Yes it was alleged she was badly bullied and her parents took her out and brought her to a new school. It must make some of the comments on other websites very hard to bear, if she ever reads them. Bullying doesn't end in the playground sadly.

I agree; bullying is often taken into workplace, which is extremely disturbing. However, I also believe that if a person being bullied has a great support system, it's a little easier to handle the situation. From what I've read, Catherine has a great support system in her family, and now in her husband as well. The fact that her parents transferred her to a better environment tells me that they wanted their daughter to succeed, rather than deal with the bullies, and attempt to keep up her studies. They did her a great service, and I bet that helped Catherine gain confidemce, and feel better about herself. As to the comments on forums, and other media sources, I'm sure Catherine takes them in stride, or simply ignores them. Like I said, it's all about the support system, and Catherine has wonderful people around her. Also, being happy with her life is a big factor, and I'm sure Catherine feels blessed having a loving husband, and two beautiful children, and that probably helps her deal with whatever nastiness comes her way. She's lucky, because not everyone who is a victim of bullying has that. Hopefully, William and Catherine will emphasize the importance of a support system, because without one, a person could easily feel overwhelmed, and alone.

I've been bullied for eight years (both in real life and online) so I'm also pleased to see that William is getting involved with ending bullying. What needs to be sorted out the most is the teacher's attitudes towards bullying - they will always try and turn the situation into something that sounds less harmful, even in front of the parents.

Often the bullies have a hard life outside of school but that is still no excuse to make someone else have a hard life. What's the fun in hurting people?

I've had a teacher at my preschool dismiss my concerns when one of her students bullied one of mine. The little boy in my class had the kindest disposition, and loved to play with other kids, especially if it was basketball, or football/soccer. The only issue, he was losing his vision, and could only play with a bright-colored ball. The kids in my class knew better than to try and make fun of him, but the boy from the other group thought it would be fun to take the colored ball, and make my student try and get it from him. The boy kept laughing, and taunting my student, and when I came over, and stopped him, his teacher told me that her kid wasn't being a bully. I'm sorry, but yes he was. My student thought he was involved in a game, while the bully was trying to make fun of his visual impairment. I wasn't having it, so I stopped doing activities with that classroom. I don't care if the other boy was dealing with his parents' divorce, it didn't give him the right to be a little you-know-what to anyone else. Teachers need to stop worrying about 'building character', and focus on modeling tolerance, acceptance, compassion, and kindness. A little training in spotting bullying won't hurt either.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I agree; bullying is often taken into workplace, which is extremely disturbing. However, I also believe that if a person being bullied has a great support system, it's a little easier to handle the situation. From what I've read, Catherine has a great support system in her family, and now in her husband as well. The fact that her parents transferred her to a better environment tells me that they wanted their daughter to succeed, rather than deal with the bullies, and attempt to keep up her studies. They did her a great service, and I bet that helped Catherine gain confidemce, and feel better about herself. As to the comments on forums, and other media sources, I'm sure Catherine takes them in stride, or simply ignores them. Like I said, it's all about the support system, and Catherine has wonderful people around her. Also, being happy with her life is a big factor, and I'm sure Catherine feels blessed having a loving husband, and two beautiful children, and that probably helps her deal with whatever nastiness comes her way. She's lucky, because not everyone who is a victim of bullying has that. Hopefully, William and Catherine will emphasize the importance of a support system, because without one, a person could easily feel overwhelmed, and alone.

I've had a teacher at my preschool dismiss my concerns when one of her students bullied one of mine. The little boy in my class had the kindest disposition, and loved to play with other kids, especially if it was basketball, or football/soccer. The only issue, he was losing his vision, and could only play with a bright-colored ball. The kids in my class knew better than to try and make fun of him, but the boy from the other group thought it would be fun to take the colored ball, and make my student try and get it from him. The boy kept laughing, and taunting my student, and when I came over, and stopped him, his teacher told me that her kid wasn't being a bully. I'm sorry, but yes he was. My student thought he was involved in a game, while the bully was trying to make fun of his visual impairment. I wasn't having it, so I stopped doing activities with that classroom. I don't care if the other boy was dealing with his parents' divorce, it didn't give him the right to be a little you-know-what to anyone else. Teachers need to stop worrying about 'building character', and focus on modeling tolerance, acceptance, compassion, and kindness. A little training in spotting bullying won't hurt either.

I agree. It affects the bullies as well. As you mention, that kid was dealing with his parents divorce but instead of the school accknowledging his behaviour and getting to the bottom of what was causing it he as well continues to go around feeling bad and taking it out on others. It's a really negative spiral that would do alot better being accknowledged than shoved under the rug. So I would be really proud if William and Kate can help better our handling of stuff like that.

A friend told me about this today, and I've been :bounce: for joy ever since!
No one better for the job!
Just when I thought I couldn't love William any more- he proves me wrong!

You're spot on. I sincerely hope that people will listen, and there will be more resources for teachers, parents, and general public in general to help prevent, and spot bullying. I'm tired of seeing schools boasting of having a 'zero tolerance policy' when it comes to bullying, but when time comes to put the policy into action, there are a ton of excuse as to why the incident in question doesn't meet the criteria to be classified as 'bullying'. I've attended a seminar on bullying that goes on in schools, and the so-called 'expert' had no helpful strategies.

Couldn't agree more about the 'zero tolerance policy' is just lip service schools very rarely follow through and usually make excuses for the bully.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

William is not actually doing anything. He is having someone else come up with the idea.

When Charles talks about bullying, he is whining.

If Kate talked about bullying, she would be seen as whining.

William is praised for hiring someone to come up with something about bullying.

Charles and Catherine are better spoke persons against bullying than someone who was known as a bully.

Check out William at preschool and his early years...:D

William is not actually doing anything. He is having someone else come up with the idea.

Charles and Catherine are better spoke persons against bullying than someone who was known as a bully.

I admire His Highness, truly I do, but his preschool behavior reminded me of a little boy I had in my nursery class. However, I'm sure now he understands the effects of bullying, and more than likely, hearing his wife's experience really brought the point home. We'll never know if he came up with the idea, or hired someone to do so, or had the idea suggested to him. The fact that he chose to take it up speaks volumes. I'm sure if he didn't want to bother, he could have refused, and we wouldn't ever know about it. And I can tell you, that to a young child, that is being bullied having someone like William take up the cause is a huge deal. We know how good the man is with children, so if, and when he does an engagement concerning the issue, he will touch many hearts, and then it truly won't matter one bit how the idea came about.

^^^I agree that William as a preschooler demonstrated those bullying behaviors towards his classmates. I've not heard of the problem continuing past those earliest school years. If at some point in his life he began to understand that his Pre-kindergarten classroom behavior was unacceptable and altered, it then kudos to the adult(s) who worked with him to end it.

You're spot on. I sincerely hope that people will listen, and there will be more resources for teachers, parents, and general public in general to help prevent, and spot bullying. I'm tired of seeing schools boasting of having a 'zero tolerance policy' when it comes to bullying, but when time comes to put the policy into action, there are a ton of excuse as to why the incident in question doesn't meet the criteria to be classified as 'bullying'. I've attended a seminar on bullying that goes on in schools, and the so-called 'expert' had no helpful strategies.

Agreed. Too often the schools and the district offices are limited in their influence if the parent(s) and guardian(s) are unwilling to cooperate to stop the behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^I agree that William as a preschooler demonstrated those bullying behaviors towards his classmates. I've not heard of the problem continuing past those earliest school years. If at some point in his life he began to understand that his Pre-kindergarten classroom behavior was unacceptable and altered, it then kudos to the adult(s) who worked with him to end it.

I'm sure William's parents made sure he learned the appropriate behavior towards others, but I think that his own kind disposition played a big part too. In any case, I would imagine he feels more than mortified about his actions as a young child.

Agreed. Too often the schools and the district offices are limited in their influence if the parent(s) and guardian(s) are unwilling to cooperate to stop the behavior.

Absolutely! Ultimately, it starts at home, so if the adults that are responsible for the raising of the child in question don't see a problem with the behavior, the child won't either.

I admire His Highness, truly I do, but his preschool behavior reminded me of a little boy I had in my nursery class. However, I'm sure now he understands the effects of bullying, and more than likely, hearing his wife's experience really brought the point home. We'll never know if he came up with the idea, or hired someone to do so, or had the idea suggested to him. The fact that he chose to take it up speaks volumes. I'm sure if he didn't want to bother, he could have refused, and we wouldn't ever know about it. And I can tell you, that to a young child, that is being bullied having someone like William take up the cause is a huge deal. We know how good the man is with children, so if, and when he does an engagement concerning the issue, he will touch many hearts, and then it truly won't matter one bit how the idea came about.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app[/QUOTE
First- I so disagree with you. .

Second- Spot on.

Last edited:
I don't think William was a bully. It's great that he's taking up the cause. It would be even better if Catherine spoke up about it. There are times I wish she would break out of her shell and speak up more.

This thread has really changed. A year ago there was nothing but criticism of William here. Nice that this thread has become more positive, but I don't understand why people are surprised by this, most members of the royal family makes private visits to organizations who are working for disadvantaged people, even Anne.
William cares about people, and that is something he has from his grandmother and father. He doesn't do it, to look good, like a certain other person did.

I don't think William was a bully. It's great that he's taking up the cause. It would be even better if Catherine spoke up about it. There are times I wish she would break out of her shell and speak up more.

Perhaps Catherine feels that the topic is too personal to speak about publicly. I know that when it comes to certain issues I feel more comfortable writing about my experience, or sharing them with a select few. Bullying is personal, and even though I shared one incident on this forum, any others will remain between myself, and those whom I trust. Maybe Catherine spoke about her experience with a small group of people, or even in a one-on-one meeting, and asked to have both kept private. As someone pointed out, some may interpret her opening up publicly about her own experience with bullying as whining, and perhaps she just doesn't want that type of attention. William is more of a neutral party, so to have him be more vocal about this issue may just be a better PR move.

This thread has really changed. A year ago there was nothing but criticism of William here. Nice that this thread has become more positive, but I don't understand why people are surprised by this, most members of the royal family makes private visits to organizations who are working for disadvantaged people, even Anne.

William cares about people, and that is something he has from his grandmother and father. He doesn't do it, to look good, like a certain other person did.

You're spot on with William caring about people, and making private visits to his charities. That's what makes him such a wonderful person. He cares, and genuinely wants to make a difference. With him, and his wife it's about quality, not quantity, or publicity.

I'm sure William's parents made sure he learned the appropriate behavior towards others, but I think that his own kind disposition played a big part too. In any case, I would imagine he feels more than mortified about his actions as a young child.

Absolutely! Ultimately, it starts at home, so if the adults that are responsible for the raising of the child in question don't see a problem with the behavior, the child won't either.

And in my experience as an elementary school teacher I wish we could have had more of a positive influence over a student who was acting as a bully, Too often his role models were the ones that we were meeting with in the principal's office. :sad:

I like him too, the same with Kate, Charles and Camilla, but none of them even come close to the shy and reserved, but kind, warm, caring, forgiving and non-judgmental lady (The Queen) who has dedicated her life to duty and her people.

Long live the Queen, the greatest asset the UK and any monarchy will ever have!

So many people find it easy to pass judgement on a child and They should be ashamed.

You make judgements based on pictures and videos which pass in a moment.

So judgemental. How would you be judged on the same basis?

If this forum is going to accept this level of discussion, then I recommend you should be shut down you need to show some judgement

So many people find it easy to pass judgement on a child and They should be ashamed.

If this forum is going to accept this level of discussion, then I recommend you should be shut down you need to show some judgement

I agree with this.

I kind of agree. So what if he was a bully? (which we know nothing about) He can change just as any other person! And considering his crazy homelife for a while it is not surprising at all that he might have acted out. Jeeez. I don't like when people blame the bullies (and I was bullied). I have always felt sorry for my bullies because I saw how their family treated them...

I agree I was thinking what are they all talking about ? Then I realized they bringing up stuff when he was a very little boy.New low even for those I've come to expect it from.

How about we get back on topic? If you wish to discuss bullying generally or share personal stories, please do so via PM.

William has had great examples of his mother and his father when it comes to supporting good causes. None of them did or do anything for show.

Bullying is a serious issue and I congratulate DOC for apparently taking it up. Hasn't his wife said she is modelling her role on the late Queen Mother who said very little and supported her husband and then daughter in their roles? Hope this is not going off topic. It is a difficult topic and an emotive one.

Never heard that before. Don't think it's something Kate would say.

I have no idea where I read it, I do know it was pre-wedding but it does kinda explain the very few speeches, the staying in the background whilst on joint engagements? Or is that just me?

I'm not so sure she stays in the background they seem to enjoy their joint engagements with lots of interactions and laughs etc. I don't think she likes public speaking

Both Will and Kate work very well together as a team and I don't think either one of them really needs or wants to grab the limelight but get on with what they're doing and their main focus is on what they're trying to support and bring attention to. Although it may seem like Kate is not overly fond of making public speeches, the ones that she has done were done pretty well.

Bullying has been an interest of both Will and Kate and since the organization that they picked for their wedding donations has closed, I'm happy to see that once again this is to be a cause that they'll be behind.

As far as Will as a child, preschool is usually the time a child transitions from their intimate "me" stage with their immediate family as the main influences to the "us" social strata of a group setting and interactions. Its at this age I believe that children should be guided to accept each person as they are and learn to respect them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom