The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 08:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^^I agree that William as a preschooler demonstrated those bullying behaviors towards his classmates. I've not heard of the problem continuing past those earliest school years. If at some point in his life he began to understand that his Pre-kindergarten classroom behavior was unacceptable and altered, it then kudos to the adult(s) who worked with him to end it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
You're spot on. I sincerely hope that people will listen, and there will be more resources for teachers, parents, and general public in general to help prevent, and spot bullying. I'm tired of seeing schools boasting of having a 'zero tolerance policy' when it comes to bullying, but when time comes to put the policy into action, there are a ton of excuse as to why the incident in question doesn't meet the criteria to be classified as 'bullying'. I've attended a seminar on bullying that goes on in schools, and the so-called 'expert' had no helpful strategies.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Agreed. Too often the schools and the district offices are limited in their influence if the parent(s) and guardian(s) are unwilling to cooperate to stop the behavior.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
^^^I agree that William as a preschooler demonstrated those bullying behaviors towards his classmates. I've not heard of the problem continuing past those earliest school years. If at some point in his life he began to understand that his Pre-kindergarten classroom behavior was unacceptable and altered, it then kudos to the adult(s) who worked with him to end it.
I'm sure William's parents made sure he learned the appropriate behavior towards others, but I think that his own kind disposition played a big part too. In any case, I would imagine he feels more than mortified about his actions as a young child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Agreed. Too often the schools and the district offices are limited in their influence if the parent(s) and guardian(s) are unwilling to cooperate to stop the behavior.
Absolutely! Ultimately, it starts at home, so if the adults that are responsible for the raising of the child in question don't see a problem with the behavior, the child won't either.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
William is not actually doing anything. He is having someone else come up with the idea.

When Charles talks about bullying, he is whining.

If Kate talked about bullying, she would be seen as whining.

William is praised for hiring someone to come up with something about bullying.

Charles and Catherine are better spoke persons against bullying than someone who was known as a bully.

Check out William at preschool and his early years...
[QUOTE=Daria_S;1809339]I admire His Highness, truly I do, but his preschool behavior reminded me of a little boy I had in my nursery class. However, I'm sure now he understands the effects of bullying, and more than likely, hearing his wife's experience really brought the point home. We'll never know if he came up with the idea, or hired someone to do so, or had the idea suggested to him. The fact that he chose to take it up speaks volumes. I'm sure if he didn't want to bother, he could have refused, and we wouldn't ever know about it. And I can tell you, that to a young child, that is being bullied having someone like William take up the cause is a huge deal. We know how good the man is with children, so if, and when he does an engagement concerning the issue, he will touch many hearts, and then it truly won't matter one bit how the idea came about.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app[/QUOTE
First- I so disagree with you. .

Second- Spot on.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think William was a bully. It's great that he's taking up the cause. It would be even better if Catherine spoke up about it. There are times I wish she would break out of her shell and speak up more.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-11-2015, 08:46 PM
Royal Highness

This thread has really changed. A year ago there was nothing but criticism of William here. Nice that this thread has become more positive, but I don't understand why people are surprised by this, most members of the royal family makes private visits to organizations who are working for disadvantaged people, even Anne.
William cares about people, and that is something he has from his grandmother and father. He doesn't do it, to look good, like a certain other person did.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I don't think William was a bully. It's great that he's taking up the cause. It would be even better if Catherine spoke up about it. There are times I wish she would break out of her shell and speak up more.
Perhaps Catherine feels that the topic is too personal to speak about publicly. I know that when it comes to certain issues I feel more comfortable writing about my experience, or sharing them with a select few. Bullying is personal, and even though I shared one incident on this forum, any others will remain between myself, and those whom I trust. Maybe Catherine spoke about her experience with a small group of people, or even in a one-on-one meeting, and asked to have both kept private. As someone pointed out, some may interpret her opening up publicly about her own experience with bullying as whining, and perhaps she just doesn't want that type of attention. William is more of a neutral party, so to have him be more vocal about this issue may just be a better PR move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
This thread has really changed. A year ago there was nothing but criticism of William here. Nice that this thread has become more positive, but I don't understand why people are surprised by this, most members of the royal family makes private visits to organizations who are working for disadvantaged people, even Anne.

William cares about people, and that is something he has from his grandmother and father. He doesn't do it, to look good, like a certain other person did.
You're spot on with William caring about people, and making private visits to his charities. That's what makes him such a wonderful person. He cares, and genuinely wants to make a difference. With him, and his wife it's about quality, not quantity, or publicity.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I'm sure William's parents made sure he learned the appropriate behavior towards others, but I think that his own kind disposition played a big part too. In any case, I would imagine he feels more than mortified about his actions as a young child.

Absolutely! Ultimately, it starts at home, so if the adults that are responsible for the raising of the child in question don't see a problem with the behavior, the child won't either.

And in my experience as an elementary school teacher I wish we could have had more of a positive influence over a student who was acting as a bully, Too often his role models were the ones that we were meeting with in the principal's office.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
A friend told me about this today, and I've been for joy ever since!
No one better for the job!
Just when I thought I couldn't love William any more- he proves me wrong!
I like him too, the same with Kate, Charles and Camilla, but none of them even come close to the shy and reserved, but kind, warm, caring, forgiving and non-judgmental lady (The Queen) who has dedicated her life to duty and her people.

Long live the Queen, the greatest asset the UK and any monarchy will ever have!
Old 08-11-2015, 10:14 PM
Heir Apparent

So many people find it easy to pass judgement on a child and They should be ashamed.

You make judgements based on pictures and videos which pass in a moment.

So judgemental. How would you be judged on the same basis?

If this forum is going to accept this level of discussion, then I recommend you should be shut down you need to show some judgement

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-11-2015, 10:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
So many people find it easy to pass judgement on a child and They should be ashamed.

If this forum is going to accept this level of discussion, then I recommend you should be shut down you need to show some judgement
I agree with this.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

I kind of agree. So what if he was a bully? (which we know nothing about) He can change just as any other person! And considering his crazy homelife for a while it is not surprising at all that he might have acted out. Jeeez. I don't like when people blame the bullies (and I was bullied). I have always felt sorry for my bullies because I saw how their family treated them...
Old 08-11-2015, 11:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

I agree I was thinking what are they all talking about ? Then I realized they bringing up stuff when he was a very little boy.New low even for those I've come to expect it from.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-11-2015, 11:32 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

How about we get back on topic? If you wish to discuss bullying generally or share personal stories, please do so via PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

William has had great examples of his mother and his father when it comes to supporting good causes. None of them did or do anything for show.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-12-2015, 02:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
None of them did or do anything for show.
This thread is not about this, and I don't want to discuss this again, but I don't agree with you.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:17 AM
Courtier

Bullying is a serious issue and I congratulate DOC for apparently taking it up. Hasn't his wife said she is modelling her role on the late Queen Mother who said very little and supported her husband and then daughter in their roles? Hope this is not going off topic. It is a difficult topic and an emotive one.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:19 AM
Royal Highness

Never heard that before. Don't think it's something Kate would say.

Old 08-12-2015, 03:24 AM
Courtier

I have no idea where I read it, I do know it was pre-wedding but it does kinda explain the very few speeches, the staying in the background whilst on joint engagements? Or is that just me?
Old 08-12-2015, 03:27 AM
Royal Highness

I'm not so sure she stays in the background they seem to enjoy their joint engagements with lots of interactions and laughs etc. I don't think she likes public speaking

Old 08-12-2015, 03:57 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Both Will and Kate work very well together as a team and I don't think either one of them really needs or wants to grab the limelight but get on with what they're doing and their main focus is on what they're trying to support and bring attention to. Although it may seem like Kate is not overly fond of making public speeches, the ones that she has done were done pretty well.

Bullying has been an interest of both Will and Kate and since the organization that they picked for their wedding donations has closed, I'm happy to see that once again this is to be a cause that they'll be behind.

As far as Will as a child, preschool is usually the time a child transitions from their intimate "me" stage with their immediate family as the main influences to the "us" social strata of a group setting and interactions. Its at this age I believe that children should be guided to accept each person as they are and learn to respect them.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Closed Thread