The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 09:28 PM
Heir Apparent

On another note - William's attendance with the Queen today was not official - it is not mentioned in the Court Circular.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-19-2015, 09:25 PM
Heir Apparent

William was spotted at Bristow Academy. Its a fight training school for helicopter pilots

Prince William arrives at Gloucestershire Airport by helicopter | Gloucester Citizen

Locations Gloucester, UK - Bristow Academy Inc - Helicopter Flight Training

Old 03-21-2015, 08:56 PM
Nobility

When William does become Duke of Cornwall, will he suddenly have to quit flying and start doing several hundred engagements? Is this feasible without a gradual transition?
Old 03-21-2015, 09:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
When William does become Duke of Cornwall, will he suddenly have to quit flying and start doing several hundred engagements? Is this feasible without a gradual transition?
It have to be a gradual transition. Carrying out hundreds of engagements in a year don't happen over night. I happen to think he will start his transitioning before he's Duke of Cornwall though.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-21-2015, 09:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Prince William made a visit to GCHQ on Thursday. That explains why he was spotted at Gloucestershire airport
Old 03-21-2015, 09:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
William becomes Duke of Cornwall when his father becomes king - it is automatic.

He will take on responsibilities regarding the Duchy but he is learning that already.

The majority of engagements across the BRF are patronages and military appointments (Hon Colonels etc.)

I expect that there will decisions made about who takes up patronages of the late Queen and some of those belonging to Charles - he has 100's

It will take some time for the family to sort everything out following the death of the Queen

Old 03-22-2015, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent

It is a pity that the Duke of Cambridge was 'underdressed' during the audience. What is the point of having Ambassadors received at the Palace with all pomp and circumstance and then, the piece-of-resistance, is a gentlemen dressed in his daily suit with blue tie?

In comparison with other monarchs, the dresscode at Buckingham Palace by the royals themselves seem less strict (for the royals themselves).

HM King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands receives HE Mr Fermin Gabriel Quinones Sanchez, Ambassador of Cuba.
Picture: http://www.nrc.nl/inbeeld/files/2014...ng-980x489.jpg

Old 03-22-2015, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

What did Queen Beatrix wear?

Old 03-22-2015, 07:53 PM
Courtier

Prince William was observing not taking part.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
Prince William was observing not taking part.
That's what I was thinking, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
What did Queen Beatrix wear?
I'm interested, too. Since a point was being made about William, I looked closely at the Queen and was a bit startled at what looked a bit 'unimaginative' in her ensemble. It is a poor shot, but still, not altogether 'put-together.' William looked more impressive, more 'on task'.

At another time it was suggested that as the Queen ages, or if Philip passes, the Queen will have other royals around her at her events. It makes sense that with Charles likely already booked for the next few months, if the Queen needs support at a State event/function, William will be called upon 'to be there' for her. She does look like she is failing more. Maybe as William makes more and more of these ad hoc appearances when he is needed, when the time comes and he is doing the functions alone it will feel seamless to the public, an 'of course'.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:37 PM
Commoner

Not quite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One thing I can almost guarantee is that we will never see either Peter or Zara doing royal duties. They are not even considered royal and they have no titles. As was stated, they just happen to have the Queen for a grandmother. If there is any kind of money that came to them, I would imagine it was from the Queen Mother as they would be as much of a great grandchild as any of the other great grandchildren are. I don't believe they receive any kind of funding from the Queen and they both work in the private sector.

So far Beatrice and Eugenie are not working for the Firm at all. They do have their own personal charities and patronages and I would suppose that if asked, they would step up for the BRF. How Louise and James will go is still quite a bit in the future but we see, even with them, that they are not titled as royalty by the request of their parents.
IMHO Osipi, I disagree with you when it comes to the money issue. The Queen Mother is their great-grandmother. My great-grandparents had quite a bit of money. I never saw a penny from them. The Queen Mother's entire estate was passed on to the Queen so she could avoid hefty inheritance taxes. The Queen Mother put most of her money in trust in 1994 to avoid inheritance taxes. The interest from the trust fund was given to Princes William and Henry. According to the finance section of the Royal Forums, the trust was liquidated after the Queen Mother's death and the principal divided among Anne, Andrew and Edward, as Charles has substantial wealth from the Duchy of Cornwall. I find it near-impossible to imagine that the Queen doesn't have trust funds set up for ALL of her grandchildren (with the exception of William as he has substantial wealth from Diana's legacy and the future income of the Duchy of Cornwall and the Crown to look forward to). They will all have plenty of money to spend (except for Beatrice and Eugenie as their mother will probably sponge their's up if she can)
Old 03-30-2015, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 6 mins 6 minutes ago
Prince William has started work as an air ambulance pilot for @EastAngliAirAmb .

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 52 secs52 seconds ago
Prince William will undertake on the job training and then start flying for @EastAngliAirAmb in the summer.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:40 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is good news to hear. I really hope the Cambridge family have a happy life at Anmer Hall.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 03-30-2015, 12:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge has today started work as an employee of Bond Air Services.

Over the coming months he will undertake job-specific training before he begins piloting missions for East Anglian Air Ambulance during the summer.

The mandatory training will involve simulator, aircraft and in-flight skills training.
The Duke of Cambridge has started work as an employee of Bond Air Services.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 15m 15 minutes ago
#PrinceWilliam completed and passed his Air Transport Pilot's Licence exams in March.

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 14m 14 minutes ago
#PrinceWilliam's job as an air ambulance pilot will be his "primary occupation" say Kensington Palace.

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 15m 15 minutes ago
Kensington Palace say #PrinceWilliam's but his roster as air ambulance pilot will take into account his royal the duties.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-31-2015, 09:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William puts Shropshire RAF training to more use in new air ambulance role
Old 04-01-2015, 12:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

A very pleasant video. Nice to see William showing his father around. William seems very settled. Nice to see.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:59 PM
Commoner

Good luck to Prince William in his new job. IMO, it's a very admirable career.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Did Charles ever learn to fly when he was in the RN?
Old 04-01-2015, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Did Charles ever learn to fly when he was in the RN?

Like Wills, Charles did stints in multiple branches got his wings from the RAF. Philip presented them and Charles got to give William his. I wonder who George will get his from? 😉

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Closed Thread