The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 11:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
William left the search & rescue in September. He began the agricultural classes in January. George was born July 22nd.

Where was William for 3 months? What was he doing?
If you mean the period Sept 2013 - Jan 2014, the online Court Circular at royal. gov has engagements listed for
Sept 11 and 12
Oct 7, 17, 26
Nov 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 18, 19, 22, 26, 28, 29, 30
Dec 3,4,5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11

We also know where he spent various days over Christmas through press coverage.

I can only assume he also had meetings not listed in the CC, saw friends and relatives, supported his wife and child during the period.

We know he was not out shopping for clothes as it it obvious that he only wears military dress, recycled casual pieces and that poor old blue suit and 5 ties.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:16 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks Soapstar and AdmirerUS for setting the story straight.

I believe the stories I had read did not have the actual quotes. Some articles took the woman's comment to mean William was away most of the time for the first 5 months of George's life and that is how they wrote their stories.

(Glad I wrote supposedly or else my head will be off.)

Old 08-06-2014, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

According to the Royal Reporter on the Sun newspaper, the announcement about what William intends to do will happen tomorrow, 7th August 13:00 local

Also reporting that the couple will be spending most of August in Norfolk - apparently Anmer is still not finished.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-06-2014, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Is there something about it on twitter?
Old 08-06-2014, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

yes - only one reporter has mentioned it. Nothing new - just confirmation of the Air Ambulance info. Apparently

Old 08-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
yes - only one reporter has mentioned it. Nothing new - just confirmation of the Air Ambulance info. Apparently
Thanks I hope that we will have a surprise and he is going to take up something else but TBH I think he is going to get back flying as well
Old 08-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

We don't know what the job is and-

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews · 7h
An official announcement on Pr William's future plans is imminent...but renovations to K&W's country pad Anmer Hall are massively delayed.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
We don't know what the job is and-

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews · 7h
An official announcement on Pr William's future plans is imminent...but renovations to K&W's country pad Anmer Hall are massively delayed.
What! Where will they stay up there? Surely there's an EconoLodge or Comfort Inn or their equivalents in Britain.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
What! Where will they stay up there? Surely there's an EconoLodge or Comfort Inn or their equivalents in Britain.
I would guess Sandringham House

Old 08-07-2014, 09:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William To Take To The Skies Again-
Prince William To Take To The Skies Again

Max Foster @MaxFosterCNN · 5m
Palace says air ambulance will be Duke's ‘primary occupation’ but his roster will take into account royal duties and charitable work

Paul Harrison @SkyNewsRoyal · 5m
#royal What this all means is a Cambridge family move soon to Amner Hall - close to Duke's work & Kate's patronages, and away from press

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews · 4m
It's a minimum 2-year contract, tho KP say his rota will allow him to do charity work, overseas tours and engagements/duties for the Queen.

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews · 5m
From Sept he'll start five months of training: his civilian pilot's licence and a special 999-response course.Spring 2015 he'll be full-time

Tim Ewart @EwartRoyale · 6m
William will be the first future monarch to have a job in civvy street. He's "hugely excited."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-07-2014, 09:16 AM
Nobility

The official announcement

Press release

He will draw a salary which he will donate in full to charity.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:28 AM
Royal Highness

I can't wait for the criticism.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Hurrah! At last we have some news and I am very pleased indeed that this is happening. It is very nice that William will be donating his salary to charity. I will be looking to the skies and will wave at every helicopter!
Old 08-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Hurrah! At last we have some news and I am very pleased indeed that this is happening. It is very nice that William will be donating his salary to charity. I will be looking to the skies and will wave at every helicopter!
we have air ambulance as well. Usual problems on rural, mostly small roads and few hospitals. vital service which relies on charitable giving.

william once said that there was no greater calling than helping to rescue people from difficult situations (paraphrasing). He is using his skills to great effect. We should be proud of him.

some people will complain but there are years and years ahead for him to go full time and according to the info posted today, he will continue to undertake some royal duties as required.

What is interesting is that the mediaseem to be struggling on how to handle this, even asking people on twitter for their opinions. My guess is that they will find it hard to critiicise William and so will probably turn on Catherine.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:25 AM
Serene Highness

I agree they will turn on Catherine, but also expect them to lambast the couple on the renovation of KP [needless extravagance, unecessary expenditure etc.etc...]
Old 08-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

The only way for the criticism to not effect Catherine is for her to step up her official engagements and not be seen to decreasing her duties. Her solo trip to Malta on the Queen's behalf will be good for her training but she'll need to be seen doing more as well. Again, they have the full staff to help them out so they'll have to be seen doing their bit as well. There must be a better balance than before.

Very good on William's part on helping other people. Not sure any of it is preparing him for his role as future King though.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Very good on William's part on helping other people. Not sure any of it is preparing him for his role as future King though.

I believe a King must serve his people. And that's exactly what The Duke of Cambridge will do piloting the air ambulance.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
I believe a King must serve his people. And that's exactly what The Duke of Cambridge will do piloting the air ambulance.
Well, I guess you can see it that way. He did a lot of that in the SAR. I just thought he would've gone on to do something else like working at the Commonwealth office or land management or something a long those lines.

I hope that once his two year job is done he'll commit to his royal duties full-time. The Queen will be around 91 (God's willing) and she will need the family's help more than ever.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-07-2014, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The only way for the criticism to not effect Catherine is for her to step up her official engagements and not be seen to decreasing her duties. Her solo trip to Malta on the Queen's behalf will be good for her training but she'll need to be seen doing more as well. Again, they have the full staff to help them out so they'll have to be seen doing their bit as well. There must be a better balance than before.

At present, his royal life is similar to that of the other royals and he knows how to do that. The next stage wont happen until he is heir so I think there is little challenge in carrying on just doing more of the same.

His father understands that because he has done the same things for 40 years. This is public service and I think that it can only be good for the monarchy that William works along side "ordinary people" ( although doing an extraordinary job); experiences being an employee; and does amazing service in helping save lives.

Closed Thread