Duke of Cambridge: Visit to Malta - September 20-21, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate's physicians will probably have to sign off on the decision to go.

As this trip is for two days with one overnight stay, perhaps both William and Kate will decide to go. This way, feeling good, Kate can go ahead with the plans that are already made. Should she fall ill, who better to step in for her than Wills? Perhaps this tour will then be billed as The Duchess of Cambridge tours Malta accompanied by her husband, The Duke of Cambridge. :D

Beatrice is the perfect choice. She is a princess, she is a young woman, and she has more "star power" than some of the other royals, which is probably what Malta wants. Having Andrew go will not draw attention to Malta, or even Sophie, but Beatrice's going will.

Why? Somebody from the RF will represent HM. If the DoCa can go, she will, if ont, somebody else will. What is the problem?

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 5 mins @DashRoyal I'm probably going to pull out if Kate does but we'll decide tomorrow now her decision has been delayed.

The last quote is IMO the reason why Malta will be disappointed with any of the suggested alternative Royals. As worthy and capable as they all may be, none of them will generate the coverage and headlines that Catherine creates. In doing so she brings attention to Malta - remember the tourism generated by the Australia/New Zealand tour? Compare the coverage of Edward and Sophie in Canada right now w/ William and Catherine in Canada a couple of years ago. The only Royals who get anywhere near the headlines she gets are Harry and George - there's a thought, send Uncle Harry with George:whistling:

As this trip is for two days with one overnight stay, perhaps both William and Kate will decide to go. This way, feeling good, Kate can go ahead with the plans that are already made. Should she fall ill, who better to step in for her than Wills? Perhaps this tour will then be billed as The Duchess of Cambridge tours Malta accompanied by her husband, The Duke of Cambridge. :D

Very good idea:flowers:

That is the best decision they could have taken. Can the heir-in-second's wife not go? Let's send the heir-in-second himself. That is very respectful of the Maltese people.

As if they classed this as "breaking news". On what should be a day about the Scottish referendum, this takes over as breaking news.

It's good that she isn't going as if she is feeling unwell the last thing anyone wants to do js travel and put on a smile. She probably just wants to relax and not have to worry about feeling sick on an engagement.

It's great that William is going in his wife's place. They are a team and I hope Catherine will feel better soon. I know she must be disappointed that she's not able to go alone and carry out this trip on Her Majesty's behalf. Her health and baby must come first though.

Not surprised at the cancellation. Was expecting it!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Not surprised...flying with any type of illness is never good idea...I think it had more to do with flying...flying when you are sick is dangerous...I think it would have made her worse. It was way tooo risky to go....she could've easily gotten really sick in Malta if she went.

Im sure she was upset about not going...but I doubt either of them were surprised with docs telling her not to go.

Last edited:
Perhaps she will be able to attend the 100th anniversary!

So Kate's still feeling crook - not surprisingly - and her hubby is going to do the Malta gig instead of her. The future king is his wife's stand-in. Interesting.

My prediction:

Fashion and (lack of) Style of Prince William

"Prince William wore a navy blue suit, white dress shirt with cuff links, red tie, and his trusty black shoes. His hair was styled in his favorite comb over."

My prediction:

"Prince William wore a navy blue suit, white dress shirt with cuff links, red tie, and his trusty black shoes. His hair was styled in his favorite comb over."

This is a good one! :)

Even though Catherine isn't well enough at the moment to go on the tour, at least we know her role within the Monarchy is officially growing and she's taking on bigger responsibilities as a senior royal. That was a sign that I and many others had been looking for. She has proven that she's ready to take on more roles and duties.

Even though Catherine isn't well enough at the moment to go on the tour, at least we know her role within the Monarchy is officially growing and she's taking on bigger responsibilities as a senior royal. That was a sign that I and many others had been looking for. She has proven that she's ready to take on more roles and duties.

Fair point, but to me, that was never in doubt - just a question of time.

Fair point, but to me, that was never in doubt - just a question of time.

Yeah, I knew she was ready though. She's gained the right amount of confidence to take on more roles. I'm hoping there will be more roles for her soon.

We all had to expect this. She must've really wanted to go, poor girl. Best to keep her feet up and get well. HG is absolutely miserable. I am looking forward to her being given more responsibility though. She is a bright, young face for the Royals and she will do wonderful things for The Firm when she feels up to it. :)

As if they classed this as "breaking news". On what should be a day about the Scottish referendum, this takes over as breaking news.

It's good that she isn't going as if she is feeling unwell the last thing anyone wants to do js travel and put on a smile. She probably just wants to relax and not have to worry about feeling sick on an engagement.
:lol:Does seem ironic doesn't it. However I do believe that they made the right choice.

My prediction:

:lol: Brilliant assessment of HRH's style choices.

My prediction:

I was thinking on exactly the same lines! Can we hope that he will nip down to Alexander McQueen's tonight and purchase something daring and interesting from the menswear range just to to satisfy what might have been the fashion expectations of this event?!

In no way am i shocked that Kate isnt going on this trip - from the moment the announcement was made and that she was suffering again from HG this trip was off for her. She only had about 10days to make a full recovery and with her condition that seemed highly unlikely.

What surprised me was the pregnancy announcement in itself - William and Kate have clearly known about this trip for a long time probably from spring time. Therefore i am very surprised they didnt wait to try for another baby til after Malta. There has been criticism about Kate's lack of duties on various forums/media outlets and this was a big opportunity for her to step up.

In no way am i shocked that Kate isnt going on this trip - from the moment the announcement was made and that she was suffering again from HG this trip was off for her. She only had about 10days to make a full recovery and with her condition that seemed highly unlikely.

What surprised me was the pregnancy announcement in itself - William and Kate have clearly known about this trip for a long time probably from spring time. Therefore i am very surprised they didnt wait to try for another baby til after Malta. There has been criticism about Kate's lack of duties on various forums/media outlets and this was a big opportunity for her to step up.

If she was able to make the trip, even being pregnant, she most likely would've but her doctors advised her not to go. Mother nature took over and William is taking her place.

There will be many roles for her to fulfill in the near future. No need to worry because this trip is an indication that she's stepping up her seniority role within the royal family.

I've heard that she and William may play a part in the Singapore State Visit next month.

Last edited:
My goodness, having a baby is much more important than a 2 day trip to Malta. Kate has the rest of her life to make such trips but a pregnancy is never a sure thing.

I am sad that Kate can't go- but I'm glad William is her stand in. I really enjoy seeing him out and about.

Umm, maybe it was a surprise to them as well? It's not as if women can flip a switch when they want to get pregnant and then flip it off when it's not convenient...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom