The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-18-2014, 08:07 AM
Nobility

Makes sense.

Not surprised William is going

Old 09-18-2014, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Perpahs the title of this thread might be changed now...

I think she may be feeling better and really wanted to go but they listened to the advice of doctors...

It seemed that another factor of the cancellation is due to the heat in Malta:

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 1 h

Duchess of Cambridge cancels her trip to Malta.Prince William steps in.Ten engagements in 30c heat considered unwise. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2760551/BREAKING-NEWS-Pregnant-Duchess-Camb

Old 09-18-2014, 08:28 AM
Aristocracy

Not surprised...flying with any type of illness is never good idea...I think it had more to do with flying...flying when you are sick is dangerous...I think it would have made her worse. It was way tooo risky to go....she could've easily gotten really sick in Malta if she went.

Im sure she was upset about not going...but I doubt either of them were surprised with docs telling her not to go.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:42 AM
Serene Highness

Perhaps she will be able to attend the 100th anniversary!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-18-2014, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

So Kate's still feeling crook - not surprisingly - and her hubby is going to do the Malta gig instead of her. The future king is his wife's stand-in. Interesting.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:07 AM
Serene Highness

My prediction:

Fashion and (lack of) Style of Prince William

"Prince William wore a navy blue suit, white dress shirt with cuff links, red tie, and his trusty black shoes. His hair was styled in his favorite comb over."

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-18-2014, 09:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
My prediction:

"Prince William wore a navy blue suit, white dress shirt with cuff links, red tie, and his trusty black shoes. His hair was styled in his favorite comb over."
This is a good one!
Old 09-18-2014, 09:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Even though Catherine isn't well enough at the moment to go on the tour, at least we know her role within the Monarchy is officially growing and she's taking on bigger responsibilities as a senior royal. That was a sign that I and many others had been looking for. She has proven that she's ready to take on more roles and duties.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-18-2014, 11:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Even though Catherine isn't well enough at the moment to go on the tour, at least we know her role within the Monarchy is officially growing and she's taking on bigger responsibilities as a senior royal. That was a sign that I and many others had been looking for. She has proven that she's ready to take on more roles and duties.
Fair point, but to me, that was never in doubt - just a question of time.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Fair point, but to me, that was never in doubt - just a question of time.
Yeah, I knew she was ready though. She's gained the right amount of confidence to take on more roles. I'm hoping there will be more roles for her soon.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-18-2014, 12:30 PM
Gentry

We all had to expect this. She must've really wanted to go, poor girl. Best to keep her feet up and get well. HG is absolutely miserable. I am looking forward to her being given more responsibility though. She is a bright, young face for the Royals and she will do wonderful things for The Firm when she feels up to it. :)
Old 09-18-2014, 12:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
As if they classed this as "breaking news". On what should be a day about the Scottish referendum, this takes over as breaking news.

It's good that she isn't going as if she is feeling unwell the last thing anyone wants to do js travel and put on a smile. She probably just wants to relax and not have to worry about feeling sick on an engagement.
Does seem ironic doesn't it. However I do believe that they made the right choice.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
My prediction:

Brilliant assessment of HRH's style choices.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
My prediction:

I was thinking on exactly the same lines! Can we hope that he will nip down to Alexander McQueen's tonight and purchase something daring and interesting from the menswear range just to to satisfy what might have been the fashion expectations of this event?!
Old 09-18-2014, 02:27 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

In no way am i shocked that Kate isnt going on this trip - from the moment the announcement was made and that she was suffering again from HG this trip was off for her. She only had about 10days to make a full recovery and with her condition that seemed highly unlikely.

What surprised me was the pregnancy announcement in itself - William and Kate have clearly known about this trip for a long time probably from spring time. Therefore i am very surprised they didnt wait to try for another baby til after Malta. There has been criticism about Kate's lack of duties on various forums/media outlets and this was a big opportunity for her to step up.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
In no way am i shocked that Kate isnt going on this trip - from the moment the announcement was made and that she was suffering again from HG this trip was off for her. She only had about 10days to make a full recovery and with her condition that seemed highly unlikely.

What surprised me was the pregnancy announcement in itself - William and Kate have clearly known about this trip for a long time probably from spring time. Therefore i am very surprised they didnt wait to try for another baby til after Malta. There has been criticism about Kate's lack of duties on various forums/media outlets and this was a big opportunity for her to step up.
If she was able to make the trip, even being pregnant, she most likely would've but her doctors advised her not to go. Mother nature took over and William is taking her place.

There will be many roles for her to fulfill in the near future. No need to worry because this trip is an indication that she's stepping up her seniority role within the royal family.

I've heard that she and William may play a part in the Singapore State Visit next month.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-18-2014, 02:40 PM
Aristocracy

My goodness, having a baby is much more important than a 2 day trip to Malta. Kate has the rest of her life to make such trips but a pregnancy is never a sure thing.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I am sad that Kate can't go- but I'm glad William is her stand in. I really enjoy seeing him out and about.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post

Umm, maybe it was a surprise to them as well? It's not as if women can flip a switch when they want to get pregnant and then flip it off when it's not convenient...
Old 09-18-2014, 04:09 PM
Aristocracy

From the government of Malta

https://www.gov.mt/en/Communities/Me...-Advisory.aspx