Duke of Cambridge: Visit to Malta - September 20-21, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
William certainly has a fine posture and bearing- he carries himself like a future king. (Despite his boring and predictable wardrobe!)

William certainly has a fine posture and bearing- he carries himself like a future king. (Despite his boring and predictable wardrobe!)

I agree! I'm glad he has grown more comfortable in his role since he was younger. Now he looks every inch a future King. :)

Me too ladongas.
Now I lay me down to sleep
And pray the lord my soul to keep
All I ask of Prince William is
Please buy two other suits of obviously different fabric.

(Despite his boring and predictable wardrobe!)

Which has always surprised me considering how well dressed both his mother and father are/were.

Off topic, i know, but Harry dresses really well.

He does look so much like his mother, the tallest one in the room. What a wonderful man he has become

The men in the royal family do have a stale look. Although, Charles seems to have updated some of his suits. If I was in their position and had their tailoring contacts, I would make sure my suits are updated and have a couple of trilby hats to go with it.

The Prince of Wales is [consistently] one of the best dressed men on the planet.. Prince Harry *may* have inherited that gene, but the Duke of Cambridge clearly hasn't, and [in his relentless pursuit of 'appearing ordinary'], just looks DULL..

If he made the effort, he could do WONDERS for British menswear, as his wife does for British womenswear !

It seems like William had a good trip to Malta, and represented HM with grace and dignity, as he always does.

The Prince of Wales is [consistently] one of the best dressed men on the planet.. Prince Harry *may* have inherited that gene, but the Duke of Cambridge clearly hasn't, and [in his relentless pursuit of 'appearing ordinary'], just looks DULL..

If he made the effort, he could do WONDERS for British menswear, as his wife does for British womenswear !

What, please, makes Harry being dressed better than his older brother?
I think none of them can compete with someone like the CP of Denmark or Pavlos of Greece (not even Pr. Charles, although I agree he dresses with style and proper to his age.)
Both british princes never seemed very amitious about their clothes and how things look and i agree about your remark about "dullness". William and Harry used to dress like they were in their 50s even when they were teenagers. Practicality seems to be priority no. 1 here! Pr. Harry´s hairstyle still looks like he was 10....
Still, I do like them for who and what they are, not for what they´re wearing.

I think the dull way of dressing fits his personality though. Charles is more of an extroverted, bombastic personality. William has spent almost his entire adult life searching for that 'normality' his mother always encouraged. He just wants to be like everyone else, even though he no doubt realises that can never happen. Harry dresses with a bit more personality, but I don't think either son will be quite as well dressed as their father is.

I think the dull way of dressing fits his personality though. Charles is more of an extroverted, bombastic personality. William has spent almost his entire adult life searching for that 'normality' his mother always encouraged. He just wants to be like everyone else, even though he no doubt realises that can never happen. Harry dresses with a bit more personality, but I don't think either son will be quite as well dressed as their father is.

Psychoanalysing sartorial choices of public people... that could be an industry in itself :flowers:

It's their casual clothes that are bad. Both William and Harry should be forced to wear suits or uniforms at all times. Someone please give William's horrible trainers to Lupo to get rid of. That means you, Cheeks!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I read once that some celebrities deliberately wear similar outfits every day in order to lower the value of photos taken of them. Maybe he's following along with the same idea. What's the value of another photo of William in a plain blue suit :sleeping::sleeping: - unless, of course, he's doing something super cute like smooshing the cheeks of a little kid.

Charles is my style icon.

Yes, William's trip was indeed a success. He represented The Queen and stood in for Catherine in the best way. It was also good to hear that he updated Catherine on everything as the trip went along.

Prince William given a warm Maltese welcome by Air Malta this weekend

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge was given a warm Maltese welcome by Air Malta this weekend when he visited the island to celebrate its 50th anniversary since Independence.

Before the Duke boarded his return flight, Captain Kevin Grech, and Head of Cabin Crew and In-Flight Service Charlene Vella presented him with a painting from Air Malta to commemorate the occasion.
Gozo News.Com

Which has always surprised me considering how well dressed both his mother and father are/were.

Off topic, i know, but Harry dresses really well.

The men in the royal family do have a stale look. Although, Charles seems to have updated some of his suits. If I was in their position and had their tailoring contacts, I would make sure my suits are updated and have a couple of trilby hats to go with it.

I think the BRF men are very well dressed in classic, well tailored suits. William appears to have "changed shape" recently, and I guess that is why some of his suits are not as well fitted as others.

Has she? London fashion rocks, and has for a long time. She may have attracted the attention of people from far off lands, but I doubt if the bulk of those people could afford the couture she increasingly wears.

One of the gifts Prince William took back home with him after his visit to Malta last Sunday was for his wife Kate - and the gift was presented to him by the Prime Minister's wife, Michelle Muscat.

The gift was a sparkling midnight minaudiere handbag by Sunita Mukhi, a Maltese designer who lives in London. The bag was decorated with countless tiny Swarovski crystals and a white Maltese cross.
Michelle Muscat sends a gift to Duchess of Cambridge via Prince William - The Malta Independent

Travel interest to Malta increased by 71 per cent during Prince William's visit to the island.

Hotel comparison website trivago.co.uk said hotel searches for Malta had increased by up to 71 per cent.

Hotel searches made on Saturday and Sunday, while the prince was here, were compared to searches made the previous weekend. Searches were for a hotel stay during the following two months. The data was based on UK platform visits from 75 million global monthly users.

Denise Bartlett, UK Public Relations, told Travel Daily News: “Although William joked that the crowds were hoping for his wife instead, these figures show that his visit clearly had an impact among UK travellers. Malta is an exciting and varied destination of historic towns, beautiful beaches and a Mediterranean climate. It’s great to see the island receive the recognition it deserves.”
Travel interest to Malta up to 71% during Prince William’s visit - timesofmalta.com

I think the BRF men are very well dressed in classic, well tailored suits. William appears to have "changed shape" recently, and I guess that is why some of his suits are not as well fitted as others.

Yes, but they wear the same suits over and over again. They should change them up a bit. Perhaps wear different colors sometimes.

Yes, but they wear the same suits over and over again. They should change them up a bit. Perhaps wear different colors sometimes.

I suspect William has more than one blue suit. Each of us make our own choices, if he likes blue, why can he not continue to wear it?

I suspect William has more than one blue suit. Each of us make our own choices, if he likes blue, why can he not continue to wear it?

I'm not saying not to wear blue suits but I think he could change things up a bit. I like his style though. Maybe wear a few ascot ties.

I'm not saying not to wear blue suits but I think he could change things up a bit. I like his style though. Maybe wear a few ascot ties.

Purely to please us? :D

I think both Will and Kate are not overly passionate about fashion and clothing. If left to their own devices and living the life of Mr. and Mrs. Joe Schmoe, these two would never really be called clothes horses. Charles sticks to the tried and true and what he likes and its obviously rubbed off on William.

In a way, I'm glad these two aren't really about fashion and design, they're more concerned about the issue at hand.

Or more kinds of shirts (than blue and white) and more than 5 ties in rotation. He could find up and coming UK or Commonwealth designers for these. Or alternately, he could prop up a bespoke house that's in need of some attention and new customers. He does not have to go wild - just make some effort that would benefit the economy. It would be a great gesture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom