The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-17-2014, 01:21 PM
Aristocracy

BP and The Foreign & Commonwealth Office will be briefing the government of Malta on all of this. If not Kate it will be William.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
I'm sure I am probably in the minority, but I think Malta are being treated rather shabbily by Clarence House at still having to wait with still no decision at this late stage.
I have a feeling Malta is more understanding than this board

Old 09-17-2014, 01:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
If this time around is the same as the last time, she made a quick presentation on TV about two and a half weeks after the pregnancy announcement. At about 3 weeks after the announcement she went to a staff Christmas party. I think that was all she could do for about a month.Those activities took very little time, probably less than an hour each, not hour after hour of engagments the way these tours go.
So far, it has only been a little over a week since the pregnancy announcement. I figure she is really in the worst part of the HG.
it has also been reported that HG gets worse during the next pregnancies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Were there any other engagements after the Malta trip?

I assume whoever is going will have to be ready to fly out on Friday.

No news from Clarence House, as yet! Is Kate in Bucklebury now?
i believe it was reported that kate is at her parents house, yes.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-17-2014, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

A decision will be made tomorrow according to this article

Quote:
"Kensington Palace will confirm tomorrow morning whether the Duchess of Cambridge is going to Malta. Kate and the doctors will decide tonight," the UK media said.
From the above source in link
Old 09-17-2014, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

I remember feeling like this when we were waiting for Prince George to be born! I do hope Catherine will be able to go, but her health must come first.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

The cup is half full part of this story, for me, is that she is obviously trying to figure out a way to do the trip. Otherwise, they would have announced the change a week ago. At least that's what I think. Call me naive, if you like.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:04 PM
Aristocracy

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 5 mins @DashRoyal I'm probably going to pull out if Kate does but we'll decide tomorrow now her decision has been delayed.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

She must really want to go. I think that's why they keep delaying.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Courtier

If Kate has been feeling back to her old self for several days now I hope she goes on the trip, but I think the fact that they've pushed the decision deadline back indicates she's still feeling poorly, (or has been sick up until very recently). If that's the situation, IMO, she shouldn't go to Malta. The worst case scenario is Kate feeling 50%, deciding to travel, and then becoming severely ill again en route or during the trip. Then not only is her health impacted but Malta doesn't get any royal representative, everyone is disappointed, the press would lose their collective mind, etc.

However much Kate would like to go on this trip, I believe she and her advisors are probably very aware of the above worst case scenario and that the announcement, when it comes, will be that she's not going. I've been surprised before, though!
Old 09-17-2014, 03:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think she deeply hopes she will be able to make it as well – otherwise they would have made the decision long ago. I hope she is alright to go as well, but only if she's feeling alright and if she isn't, it's completely understandable if she backs out.

Old 09-17-2014, 03:48 PM
Aristocracy

Kate's physicians will probably have to sign off on the decision to go.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:42 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
As this trip is for two days with one overnight stay, perhaps both William and Kate will decide to go. This way, feeling good, Kate can go ahead with the plans that are already made. Should she fall ill, who better to step in for her than Wills? Perhaps this tour will then be billed as The Duchess of Cambridge tours Malta accompanied by her husband, The Duke of Cambridge.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-17-2014, 11:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Beatrice is the perfect choice. She is a princess, she is a young woman, and she has more "star power" than some of the other royals, which is probably what Malta wants. Having Andrew go will not draw attention to Malta, or even Sophie, but Beatrice's going will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Why? Somebody from the RF will represent HM. If the DoCa can go, she will, if ont, somebody else will. What is the problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessOfPeace View Post
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 5 mins @DashRoyal I'm probably going to pull out if Kate does but we'll decide tomorrow now her decision has been delayed.
The last quote is IMO the reason why Malta will be disappointed with any of the suggested alternative Royals. As worthy and capable as they all may be, none of them will generate the coverage and headlines that Catherine creates. In doing so she brings attention to Malta - remember the tourism generated by the Australia/New Zealand tour? Compare the coverage of Edward and Sophie in Canada right now w/ William and Catherine in Canada a couple of years ago. The only Royals who get anywhere near the headlines she gets are Harry and George - there's a thought, send Uncle Harry with George
Old 09-17-2014, 11:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
As this trip is for two days with one overnight stay, perhaps both William and Kate will decide to go. This way, feeling good, Kate can go ahead with the plans that are already made. Should she fall ill, who better to step in for her than Wills? Perhaps this tour will then be billed as The Duchess of Cambridge tours Malta accompanied by her husband, The Duke of Cambridge.
Very good idea
Old 09-18-2014, 05:42 AM
Moderator Emeritus

https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/st...21078565244928

The Duchess of Cambridge has pulled out of her trip to Malta. Prince William will go instead, Kensington Palace says.

https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/st...21569206546432

The decision was taken by William and Kate on the advice of doctors. William will undertake Kate's planned itinerary in Malta.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:16 AM
Royal Highness

That is the best decision they could have taken. Can the heir-in-second's wife not go? Let's send the heir-in-second himself. That is very respectful of the Maltese people.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:48 AM
Heir Apparent

As if they classed this as "breaking news". On what should be a day about the Scottish referendum, this takes over as breaking news.

It's good that she isn't going as if she is feeling unwell the last thing anyone wants to do js travel and put on a smile. She probably just wants to relax and not have to worry about feeling sick on an engagement.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's great that William is going in his wife's place. They are a team and I hope Catherine will feel better soon. I know she must be disappointed that she's not able to go alone and carry out this trip on Her Majesty's behalf. Her health and baby must come first though.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-18-2014, 08:01 AM
Aristocracy

Not surprised at the cancellation. Was expecting it!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community