The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-16-2014, 08:35 AM
Heir Apparent

British Royals ‏@britishroyals

Maltese press reporting that Prince Harry will go to Malta instead of Kate. Authorities say plans haven't changed. Final decision tomorrow.

If so it would be the best choice IMO

Old 09-16-2014, 08:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
British Royals ‏@britishroyals

Maltese press reporting that Prince Harry will go to Malta instead of Kate. Authorities say plans haven't changed. Final decision tomorrow.

If so it would be the best choice IMO
IMO, William, Harry or Andrew should be the substitutes.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent

it's a pity that she can't go... it would have been a big step for her...
Old 09-16-2014, 09:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

It is a shame if she couldn't go. She's usually not given a great deal of responsibility to begin with, but it's understandable that she's not well enough to go ahead with the trip. I think she really wanted to go and represent The Queen for the very first time on her own.

Perhaps she could be given another role like; representing the Queen at the The Sovereign's Parade at Sandhurst, presenting new colours to a military regiment or attending the Founder's Day parade at the Royal Hospital.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-16-2014, 09:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It is a shame if she couldn't go. She's usually not given a great deal of responsibility to begin with, but it's understandable that she's not well enough to go ahead with the trip. I think she really wanted to go and represent The Queen for the very first time on her own.

Perhaps she could be given another role like; representing the Queen at the The Sovereign's Parade at Sandhurst, presenting new colours to a military regiment or attending the Founder's Day parade at the Royal Hospital.
I am sure more duties will come her way, once she is feeling better. I would also like to see Camilla do more overseas tours on her own. After all, she is the next Queen.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I am sure more duties will come her way, once she is feeling better. I would also like to see Camilla do more overseas tours on her own. After all, she is the next Queen.
I would also like to see Camilla do some tours on her own but I think she made a comment the last time she went on a tour in Paris. I think she said that it would be her last time doing so or something along those lines.

It would be nice to see Catherine take on more bigger roles though. She has proven she can handle it.

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 1h
Have seen the rumours regarding Prince Harry stepping in for this week's trip to Malta. Don't rule the Duchess of Cambridge out yet, though.

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 1h
Sources say while Kate has been extremely sick, she desperately wants to go - and has set a deadline of Wednesday to decide. #Malta #Kate

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-16-2014, 09:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I would also like to see Camilla do some tours on her own but I think she made a comment the last time she went on a tour in Paris. I think she said that it would be her last time doing so or something along those lines.
She said that as a joke, suggesting that it could be the last tour, if she messed things up.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
She said that as a joke, suggesting that it could be the last tour, if she messed things up.
Oh I see. I thought it was a bit odd she said that, lol. She haven't done a trip like that since though.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-16-2014, 09:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Oh I see. I thought it was a bit odd she said that, lol. She haven't done a trip like that since though.
That trip was only a little over a year ago, so plenty of time for her to do more solo trips. I think she should aim to do one solo trip a year now.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:11 AM
Aristocracy

It won't solely be Kate's decision anyway. She is being treated by the Queen's personal physician and also the physician to the Royal Household and obviously their opinions will matter to the Queen.

Kate's health and personal well being are the number one priorities so even is she feels up to it the doctors may overrule her.

If she can't make though its not a catastrophe because William or Harry will just take her place.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

According to Camilla Tominey, stories about Harry going are untrue. William is the alternate but Catherine is still hopeful of going.

Via twitter

This is a royal reporter from Sunday Express

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
According to Camilla Tominey, stories about Harry going are untrue. William is the alternate but Catherine is still hopeful of going.

Via twitter

This is a royal reporter from Sunday Express
I wouldn't want to have morning sickness on an airplane, but if Catherine really wants to go, perhaps William should go with her. (I would leave George with a nanny, but there is no reason they couldn't take him along).

The pressure would be off her. If she is feeling well, the tour can go as schedules and William could fill in at the last minute if she gets sick.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:32 PM
Courtier

Round about 5th August 2014, Robert Jobson of the Evening Standard said that he did not believe the pregnancy rumours, as the Duchess was going to Malta in September, and he did not believe the trip would happen if she was pregnant. No mention was made of the HG condition. He just said that a pregnant Kate would not be able to go, thereby dismissing the pregnancy rumours, as she was going to go.

Now a pregnancy has been announced, it appears Robert Jobson may still be right. I doubt an announcement tomorrow morning, Wednesday, 17 September, will confirm she is going to Malta.

Again, I think its going to be Prince Andrew!
Old 09-16-2014, 03:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I wouldn't want to have morning sickness on an airplane, but if Catherine really wants to go, perhaps William should go with her. (I would leave George with a nanny, but there is no reason they couldn't take him along).

The pressure would be off her. If she is feeling well, the tour can go as schedules and William could fill in at the last minute if she gets sick.
that would indeed be a nice option. but i think it would be too much hassle, and cost involved, everytime they get a second royal on board of this caliber security personnel needs to be doubled, and it must already be quite an expense. she may not even feel like she can travel if her nausea is too bad (travelling when sick is really quite awful...). besides, i'd imagine it would be quite a lot of speculation until the last minute, with paps wanting to see them arrive at the airport and get the first picture of them together after the announcement, etc.... which would undoubtedly add a lot of pressure on kate.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-16-2014, 04:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I still she won't make it... Even if I hope to
Old 09-16-2014, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

For security and the scheduling, I would think that the royal party wouldn't be flying commercial but a chartered private plane sort what the Queen and Philip used to visit Italy in the spring. It appeared to some sort of Gulfstream or similar private jet. That would make the flight easier for Kate if she went.

Also with the advanced planning done by the KP staff, it would be easier for William or Harry to slide in comparison to Andrew or Beatrice.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-16-2014, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

If this time around is the same as the last time, she made a quick presentation on TV about two and a half weeks after the pregnancy announcement. At about 3 weeks after the announcement she went to a staff Christmas party. I think that was all she could do for about a month.Those activities took very little time, probably less than an hour each, not hour after hour of engagments the way these tours go.
So far, it has only been a little over a week since the pregnancy announcement. I figure she is really in the worst part of the HG.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:57 AM
Courtier

Were there any other engagements after the Malta trip?

I assume whoever is going will have to be ready to fly out on Friday.

No news from Clarence House, as yet! Is Kate in Bucklebury now?
Old 09-17-2014, 07:23 AM
Courtier

Hopefully, we should have some news by this evening.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think Freddie and Sophie Windsor are going in her place.