Duke of Cambridge: Visit to Malta - September 20-21, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the announcement has been postponed until later this evening I think she is not going... Maybe they are organizing the last things for the replacement....

I think Harry would be a fun alternative to Kate if she can not go. If the engagements are more serious, then William would be the better option. I don't think that Andrew should go. Not to lessen his status, but he's not a William, Kate or Harry. Or for that matter a Prince of Wales or Camilla. Sorry Prince Andrew :(.

I think Freddie and Sophie Windsor are going in her place. :w00t:

*snort* I trust you are joking! :lol:

Though Kate really does need to commit or bail. It's a bit insulting to the Maltese to keep them wondering whether or not she is going to grace them with her presence until so late in the day.

Last edited:
I'm sure I am probably in the minority, but I think Malta are being treated rather shabbily by Clarence House at still having to wait with still no decision at this late stage.

If the engagements are more serious, then William would be the better option.

Wasn't Kate just going there to watch the Maltese do things and not actually do anything much herself?

Perhaps Freddie and Sophie would be a good choice. They are both attractive and personable. And Sophie is an actress, after all, and would be able to deliver any necessary speeches without having to refer to her notes every few words.

Last edited:
Rumors say that Harry will go in Kate's place.

Wasn't Kate just going there to watch the Maltese do things and not actually do anything much herself?

Perhaps Freddie and Sophie would be a good choice. They are both attractive and personable. And Sophie is an actress, after all, and would be able to deliver any necessary speeches without having to refer to her notes every few words.

Why would Freddie and Sophie be a good choice? I doubt many even know who they are. And if we're basing who goes on how well they do speeches, that leaves Harry, William and Beatrice out. Since none of them are great at it.

*snort* I trust you are joking! :lol:

Though Kate really does need to commit or bail. It's a bit insulting to the Maltese to keep them wondering whether or not she is going to grace them with her presence until so late in the day.

I'm sure the Maltese understand and have little problem with her taking time to decide. I imagine most are more concerned about her health.

Last edited:
I'm sure I am probably in the minority, but I think Malta are being treated rather shabbily by Clarence House at still having to wait with still no decision at this late stage.

Why? Somebody from the RF will represent HM. If the DoCa can go, she will, if ont, somebody else will. What is the problem?

My guess is that some appropriate person in the Maltese government has been kept in the loop - will she, won't she wise.

There is always more backstory to these trips than we know about.

My guess is that some appropriate person in the Maltese government has been kept in the loop - will she, won't she wise.

There is always more backstory to these trips than we know about.

Fair point. I have no doubt the government of Malta is kept abreast of developments.

Rumors say that Harry will go in Kate's place.

Those rumors appear to be false. A number of reporters are saying that William would be taking her place.

Those rumors appear to be false. A number of reporters are saying that William would be taking her place.

Any which way, I am sure we will know soon.

media say that the announcemennt could come later around 7pm... It seems that Kate is really willing to go hence the last-minute decision

Paul Harrison @SkyNewsRoyal · 9m
#royal A late-in-the-day announcement from KP on Kate's trip to #Malta indicative of her desire to go, hence leaving it to the last minute

No news re Malta tonight

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal now
#royal #Kate no decision on Kate visit until tomorrow - Kensington Palace

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 33s
As I tweeted earlier this week, do not discount how much the Duchess wants to do this trip.

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 2m
I'm assured a decision is not being kept from us,it's that one genuinely hasn't been made.i was always told KP would leave it to last minute

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 2m
The Duke and Duchess will make a final decision this evening, in consultation with the Duchess's doctors.

I am guessing she is not going to go...she is still so early in her pregnancy and so sick and even if shes better she can relapse when she is there...I think its a little too risky.

Fair point. I have no doubt the government of Malta is kept abreast of developments.
Absolutely agree. IMO they've were made aware of this when the HG issue came to light. I believe that they would be sympathetic regarding her health and will understand if a substitute must be arranged.

BP and The Foreign & Commonwealth Office will be briefing the government of Malta on all of this. If not Kate it will be William.

If this time around is the same as the last time, she made a quick presentation on TV about two and a half weeks after the pregnancy announcement. At about 3 weeks after the announcement she went to a staff Christmas party. I think that was all she could do for about a month.Those activities took very little time, probably less than an hour each, not hour after hour of engagments the way these tours go.
So far, it has only been a little over a week since the pregnancy announcement. I figure she is really in the worst part of the HG.

it has also been reported that HG gets worse during the next pregnancies.

Were there any other engagements after the Malta trip?

I assume whoever is going will have to be ready to fly out on Friday.

No news from Clarence House, as yet! Is Kate in Bucklebury now?

i believe it was reported that kate is at her parents house, yes.

A decision will be made tomorrow according to this article

"Kensington Palace will confirm tomorrow morning whether the Duchess of Cambridge is going to Malta. Kate and the doctors will decide tonight," the UK media said.
From the above source in link

I remember feeling like this when we were waiting for Prince George to be born! I do hope Catherine will be able to go, but her health must come first.

The cup is half full part of this story, for me, is that she is obviously trying to figure out a way to do the trip. Otherwise, they would have announced the change a week ago. At least that's what I think. Call me naive, if you like.

She must really want to go. I think that's why they keep delaying.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

If Kate has been feeling back to her old self for several days now I hope she goes on the trip, but I think the fact that they've pushed the decision deadline back indicates she's still feeling poorly, (or has been sick up until very recently). If that's the situation, IMO, she shouldn't go to Malta. The worst case scenario is Kate feeling 50%, deciding to travel, and then becoming severely ill again en route or during the trip. Then not only is her health impacted but Malta doesn't get any royal representative, everyone is disappointed, the press would lose their collective mind, etc.

However much Kate would like to go on this trip, I believe she and her advisors are probably very aware of the above worst case scenario and that the announcement, when it comes, will be that she's not going. I've been surprised before, though!

I think she deeply hopes she will be able to make it as well – otherwise they would have made the decision long ago. I hope she is alright to go as well, but only if she's feeling alright and if she isn't, it's completely understandable if she backs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom