The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-18-2014, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I don't think anyone's blaming Catherine for being sick. Nor do I think anyone - at least not anyone using logic - is saying that royals shouldn't book engagements while trying to get pregnant.

I do think that if a royal woman is trying to get pregnant and knows it's very likely that she'll be severely ill during her pregnancy then she should consider not booking any major engagements, like say foreign tours. Or, if she knows that it's very likely that she'll be severely ill during her pregnancy then she should postpone trying to get pregnant until after any major engagements, like foreign tours, that have already been booked have happened.

Kate shouldn't be faulted for being sick, or for being pregnant, or whatnot. However, IF they were trying to get pregnant, then it was kind of bad planning on their part to not expect Kate to be seriously ill and wait until after Malta to start trying. That is a big if though, and once again we don't know that they were planning this pregnancy at all.
The problem with this, is that you can't always plan a pregnancy. It happens when it happens. For some it will be faster/easier than others.

Let's say a royal waited until after a major event to try. What happens if she doesn't get pregnant right away? Does she postpone all major tours/events until she does get pregnant? Does she stop trying to have a child because it might interfere with a royal engagement?

It's possible that W&K were taking precautions to prevent a pregnancy. Or maybe they were trying, but didn't think it would happen so quickly. None of it is really any of our business and whatever the case, she can't go, so William has stepped in to take over for her.

Old 09-19-2014, 02:15 AM
Serene Highness

It appeared that their first pregnancy may have been planned to begin after the Canada tour, the Jubilee, the Olympics, the tour to Singapore,etc. Why should future children have to be pencilled into the Way Ahead Book? I'm sure the whole family rejoices at this news and is not overly concerned about what anyone else, including the people of Malta, thinks!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-19-2014, 02:56 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if Rebecca Deacon goes along with William instead of Miguel going. Since it was Kate's tour, Rebecca was most likely the key planner from the KP side. Or maybe they both go to Malta? They probably had to cancel the hairdresser for the tour also.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-19-2014, 02:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
In no way am i shocked that Kate isnt going on this trip - from the moment the announcement was made and that she was suffering again from HG this trip was off for her. She only had about 10days to make a full recovery and with her condition that seemed highly unlikely.

What surprised me was the pregnancy announcement in itself - William and Kate have clearly known about this trip for a long time probably from spring time. Therefore i am very surprised they didnt wait to try for another baby til after Malta. There has been criticism about Kate's lack of duties on various forums/media outlets and this was a big opportunity for her to step up.

This really surprises me that someone would think that this couple have to plan a baby according to royal duties.........if they did then there sure wouldn't be a baby at all. And why should they plan a baby this way.........this is the time for Catherine and William to have their children while they are still young enough to have them and he isn't the heir yet, his father The Prince of Wales is the heir. Why do some people always complain that she isn't working, work shy, afraid to work, do they want to see the clothes she wears, to hear what she says, see the handshakes or what...she is a young mother with a baby at home, so what if she has someone to scrub the floor or do the laundry or cook, she still has to nurture, love, teach, and protect her child and support her husband. I bet there is lots of work that goes into the planning of any day of the week for each of them, lots of information to read on who they will meet, who hand to shake, where to stand, where to sit, what to say and what to remember, each day there is royal duties, I bet there are many nights where they are studying the next days events. It isn't all just show up and smile and shake and shake a hand..........it work behind the scenes. This grip over her not working has been going on for years now, think about it for a change.....why does anyone want to see her working? What is the reason behind this? She is married to him and what she does comes with the support of her husband as we all know how protective William is of her.........leave her alone to have her children and enjoy them now while she can as later there will be hundreds of royal duties for her to go to and perform.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:13 AM
Serene Highness

[QUOTE=Skippyboo;
It may have been just a happy accident. The royal engagements are book several months ahead. There is always something that can get cancelled due to illness. The Queen even had to cancel a foreign visit to Italy due to illness last year.

[B]Also why is Kate at fault, she not get pregnant without William.[/B]
It's always the woman fault when she gets pregnant, a man has nothing to do with it............

Again, it's ridiculous to suggest that a tour, engagement or any other activity should take precedence over bringing a child into the world.

Now we must remember that a baby does not come first when the people want to see Catherine working, my goodness how dare she have a baby now...........
Old 09-19-2014, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Do any of us actually think that when the Malta Anniversary coverage by a member of the family came up and candidates were considered, that the royal schedulers never gave a thought about the Cambridge family plans?

I personally think, at this level, the Queen might have bothered to have a say. I'll speculate farther and say it's my opinion that she supported this as a terrific first solo official visit for Kate. And I will go even farther and guess that she knew they were going to work on expanding the family this year.

However, I also think the royal deciders of these things thought that if Catherine were to be sick in any way, like any other royal scheduled for appearances, that they would deal with it. And if she were not sick - the trip was a perfect fit for Kate at this point in her career. And above all, no one can predict when a royal will be sick, much less become pregnant.

To put this bluntly, I have no doubt that the Queen would never expect a working royal to arrange a pregnancy to suit a schedule. She's not of the age that would consider it and moreover, she sees it all part of the divine workings of the monarchy.

This is just my opinion. But I really think they approached the choice of Kate for Malta with a Keep Calm and Carry on POV.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Do any of us actually think that when the Malta Anniversary coverage by a member of the family came up and candidates were considered, that the royal schedulers never gave a thought about the Cambridge family plans?

I personally think, at this level, the Queen might have bothered to have a say. I'll speculate farther and say it's my opinion that she supported this as a terrific first solo official visit for Kate. And I will go even farther and guess that she knew they were going to work on expanding the family this year.

However, I also think the royal deciders of these things thought that if Catherine were to be sick in any way, like any other royal scheduled for appearances, that they would deal with it. And if she were not sick - the trip was a perfect fit for Kate at this point in her career. And above all, no one can predict when a royal will be sick, much less become pregnant.

To put this bluntly, I have no doubt that the Queen would never expect a working royal to arrange a pregnancy to suit a schedule. She's not of the age that would consider it and moreover, she sees it all part of the divine workings of the monarchy.

This is just my opinion. But I really think they approached the choice of Kate for Malta with a Keep Calm and Carry on POV.
Of course! All contingencies and eventualities would be considered when planning any Royal undertaking, I'm sure.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I wonder if Rebecca Deacon goes along with William instead of Miguel going. Since it was Kate's tour, Rebecca was most likely the key planner from the KP side. Or maybe they both go to Malta? They probably had to cancel the hairdresser for the tour also.

I say the hairdresser still goes - William could use a bit of styling in the hair department, IMO. I wonder if William will still look at the artwork that had been specially penciled in for Catherine.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Malta: From the archives-
Ahead of The Duke of Cambridge's visit to Malta from 20th - 22nd September, here is a collection of photos from the Royal Archives of The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh in Malta in 1949-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/britis...57647341397900

Martin @CourtierUK · 1h
William’s programme begins this afternoon with call on President & PM. Then historical reenactment, visit to library & evening celebrations.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-20-2014, 10:49 AM
Aristocracy

Video

Quote:
The Prince landed at the Malta International Airport at around 3pm.
He will first be heading to the San Anton Palace to call on President Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca. A small crowd of people has gathered outside the palace well in advance, in the hope of catching a glimpse of the Prince.
Prince William arrives in Malta - The Malta Independent
Old 09-20-2014, 11:01 AM
Courtier

Since most of the local news papers will be publishing news in Maltese ie videos' articles etc....if anyone would like them to be translated to English, please tell me ill be happy to help :)
Old 09-20-2014, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/s...198593/photo/1

little crowd it seems
Old 09-20-2014, 11:05 AM
Aristocracy

Instagram

Old 09-20-2014, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessOfPeace View Post
That was Rebecca? I think? Somneone asked earlier if she would still go. And that looks a lot like the female protection officer we see with Catherine and Cheeks from time to time.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:13 AM
Aristocracy

^^Looks like Rebecca

Quote:
Prince William, The Duke of Cambridge, will have two engagements tailored to meet the public during his brief visit to Malta today and tomorrow.

He arrives this afternoon to represent the Queen at the 50th anniversary celebrations of Malta's Independence. The activities were due to have been attended by the Duchess of Cambridge, but her visit was called off because she is in the early stages of her second pregnancy.

This afternoon at 4.40 pm Prince William will be at St George's Square, Valletta where he will see an In Guardia re-enactment.

Tomorrow at 1.40pm the duke will be attending a Gozitan folklore performance in Vittoriosa Square.
Two opportunities for public to see Prince William - timesofmalta.com
Old 09-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
thousands indeed ......btw thats not the main square in Valletta, thats Piazza Regina (queens square), the main square in Valletta is called Piazza San Ġorġ (st George's square)

This is the main square aka, Piazza San Ġorġ
http://darkroom-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com...REU-MALTA_.jpg
http://images.webcams.travel/webcam/...a-Valletta.jpg

Plus id like to point out that the crowds are gathering at the squares in Valletta because theres going to be a historical reenactment at 4:40....The prince's visit has nothing to do with that.....the Crowds in Attard (Where San Anton Palace is located), are the ones which showed up to purposely catch a glimpse of him
EDIT:

articles from the Times of Malta, and MaltaRightNow
http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles...rations.536490

http://maltarightnow.com/news/2014/0...tu-lejn-malta/
Old 09-20-2014, 11:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Prince William has begun a whirlwind two-day tour of Malta after his pregnant wife, the Duchess of Cambridge, pulled out due to severe morning sickness.

Bathed in glorious sunshine, the second in line to the throne this afternoon met with the Mediterranean island's president, Marie Louise Coleiro Preca, at her official residence, the San Anton Palace.

William, 32, is representing the Queen at official celebrations to mark the 50th anniversary of the country's independence from Great Britain.
Prince William lands in Malta for whirlwind two-day tour standing in for pregnant wife Kate who pulled out suffering from morning sickness | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-20-2014, 12:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Rebecca is there. She is in background of one of the photos in the DM article. The really tall guy behind William in the same photo is the British High Commissioner for Malta. I think I saw David Manning in the plane video. Anybody spot Miguel? They might have just switch Kate for William minus a hairdresser.

Old 09-20-2014, 12:20 PM
Aristocracy

Kate's staff will have done most of the prep work so it makes sense to have them along.

Crowds greet Prince William in Valletta - The Malta Independent
Old 09-20-2014, 12:59 PM
Aristocracy

Dash ‏@DashRoyal 9 mins Video: A large crowd gathered to greet Prince William in Malta #RoyalVisitMalta